Meet the new player in high rez playback land- pro audio DSD recording pioneers!

bmoura

Sep 6, 2013
I am very excited about the mch NADAC. It can connect directly with my NAS, providing access to my 32+TB of files, including 500+ mch albums. At this point, I am 10 days away from hearing the NADAC in Geneva at Merging. Having used Pyramix and the Merging Mykerinos card for the past 5 years in my ripping project, I have been very pleased with what Merging does on the pro side. Now for the consumer side. Also I want to see how their Emotion software is working as a front end.

Larry

What I heard from the NADAC at The Show Newport was pretty impressive. As for using Emotion software, the Positive Feedback demo of Stereo DSD up to DSD 256 skipped Emotion altogether in favor of JRiver.
So I'm not sure how many people will use Emotion as their player software, even if it comes in the box with the NADAC.

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
When I spoke to Dominique on Saturday, he said the Emotion software has been put on the back burner. I commented, "Why try to reinvent the wheel" and he agreed.

valkyrie

Sep 12, 2011
Sorry - I don't see any "there" there. Much like W.C. Fields noted about Philadelphia. So we have a DAC, an ethernet switch/router (TCP/IP over 802.3), a computer with a fat disc - and that is worth about - maybe on a good day - $1000. Maybe.

The French are "kool" beaucoup so if I may say so. The revolution, Voltaire, and high fashion. But would you drive a Peugeot? Really? Sorry guys - anybody who buys this is simply too lazy or too unskilled to go to Best Buy and cobble together their own realization of same.

Don't see any particular accomplishments, breakthroughs or any reason to suspect that such is a sonic plus. Way kool - no doubt. Do see a lot of money for very little.

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
$8,900 - 2 Channel Stereo NADAC
$9,900 - 8 Channel Multichannel NADAC

Available in July.

Dartzeel (also Geneva based) has similar (LHC-208, Network DAC ) coupled with a 200wpc class A/B Integrated amp for $14K. Recall that the Dartzeel Integrated amp (CTH) alone costs $20K and you will see that the LHC is a stonking "bargain". "Only" does DSD128 for the time being though.

I spend a day with it in Feb, extremely impressive SQ.

bmoura

Sep 6, 2013
Don't see any particular accomplishments, breakthroughs or any reason to suspect that such is a sonic plus.

As always, the key is to listen to the NADAC and decide. From what I heard from the NADAC in both Stereo and Multichannel at The Show Newport, it will be getting some much deserved attention and kudos for those who also give it a listen.

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
As always, the key is to listen to the NADAC and decide. From what I heard from the NADAC in both Stereo and Multichannel at The Show Newport, it will be getting some much deserved attention and kudos for those who also give it a listen.

Multi-Channel is right up your alley, Brian. i know you are loving this.

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
I've been using the Ravenna protocol in the studio for the past couple of years and it's been rock solid. No dropouts, sync, clicks/pops or any other issues you get with USB.

Ethernet to my understanding also has similar issues as USB with "packet" noise. Fortunately for USB, we now have the Uptone Regen device to deal with the PHY side of things (MAC noise remains unaddressed). For Ethernet, it seems that the less elegant FMC solution (optical conversion) is the current best way to deal with ethernet packet noise?

bmoura

Sep 6, 2013
Multi-Channel is right up your alley, Brian. i know you are loving this.

NADAC is very impressive in Stereo as well. There were some very surprised people at The Show Newport. From the comments I heard, the NADAC listening results were better than people were expecting.

astrotoy

VIP/Donor
May 24, 2010
SF Bay Area
Sorry - I don't see any "there" there. Much like W.C. Fields noted about Philadelphia. So we have a DAC, an ethernet switch/router (TCP/IP over 802.3), a computer with a fat disc - and that is worth about - maybe on a good day - $1000. Maybe.

The French are "kool" beaucoup so if I may say so. The revolution, Voltaire, and high fashion. But would you drive a Peugeot? Really? Sorry guys - anybody who buys this is simply too lazy or too unskilled to go to Best Buy and cobble together their own realization of same.

Don't see any particular accomplishments, breakthroughs or any reason to suspect that such is a sonic plus. Way kool - no doubt. Do see a lot of money for very little.

Merging is a Swiss company, not French. It is located in Geneva, hence the French accents. They are one of the top pro companies in the recording business.

Larry

bmoura

Sep 6, 2013
Merging is a Swiss company, not French. It is located in Geneva, hence the French accents. They are one of the top pro companies in the recording business.

Larry

A number of the recording professionals that work with DSD using the Merging Technologies systems have wondered for sometime when Merging would bring their technology and expertise to the home DAC market.
The upcoming NADAC release answers that question. It will be interesting to see how it does in a marketplace with many competing DACs now available for listeners at home.

http://nadac.merging.com/news

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing