Magico M9

wil

Jul 22, 2015
You set the RRV for the room per your front end and I can assure you everything else will breathe and sound just dandy irrespective
Ok, you're saying that based on how the room interacts with your system determines an ideal volume for music in that room. Of course you need to adjust the pre-amp gain per recording to match that ideal (average and peak SPL level).

Cableman

Dec 27, 2013
Ok, you're saying that based on how the room interacts with your system determines an ideal volume for music in that room. Of course you need to adjust the pre-amp gain per recording to match that ideal (average and peak SPL level).
Actually no you don’t. Once you’ve found the RRV all records will breath and the music will ebb and flow naturally. Soon as you go higher than the RRV for example then records will not perform at their optimum.

Cableman

Dec 27, 2013
No specifics from this guy, industry affiliation, system, etc. He won’t disclose his name.

WBF is a community where the majority of people and all the heavy users use their real names, disclose their system details, industry affiliations, etc.

Cableman wants to play by his own rules.
If you want it sugar coated, theres plenty of hifi playgrounds out there for the fan boys. I believe WBF is smarter than the average bear and more honest. Sometimes you have to be more Arthur- like or even Charlie Hanson-like, when he was near his end and finally had the balls to tell what he really thought of the crooks who have the industry by the balls. Of course you have to factor in that most in the industry have mortgages to pay and mouths to feed and wouldn’t be able to stand the heat

so tell me. Do you want more of the same BS or do you want some salty truths. Oh and I note you ignore the premise of my post, attack me instead, which some are finding revelatory.
Oh and what difference if I don’t disclose my name or system. That’s my choice.

jeff1225

Jan 29, 2012
If you want it sugar coated, theres plenty of hifi playgrounds out there for the fan boys. I believe WBF is smarter than the average bear and more honest. Sometimes you have to be more Arthur- like or even Charlie Hanson-like, when he was near his end and finally had the balls to tell what he really thought of the crooks who have the industry by the balls. Of course you have to factor in that most in the industry have mortgages to pay and mouths to feed and wouldn’t be able to stand the heat

so tell me. Do you want more of the same BS or do you want some salty truths. Oh and I note you ignore the premise of my post, attack me instead, which some are finding revelatory.
Oh and what difference if I don’t disclose my name or system. That’s my choice.
Cableman,
You can't wax on about how fantastic your system sounds without disclosing what the hell it is. This is basic stuff.

Moving you to ignore.

Reactions: Al M.

wil

Jul 22, 2015
Actually no you don’t. Once you’ve found the RRV all records will breath and the music will ebb and flow naturally. Soon as you go higher than the RRV for example then records will not perform at their optimum.
I must have missed the explanation of what exactly is RRV? If it's just a subjective sense of a good SPL level for your room, then you would have to adjust per recordings which can vary drastically in db levels.

Reactions: PeterA

wil

Jul 22, 2015
Cableman,
You can't wax on about how fantastic your system sounds without disclosing what the hell it is. This is basic stuff.

Moving you to ignore.
I don't believe there's a WBF requirement to list one's gear or name is there? He's been on this forum since 2013 -- let him speak his mind. my 2c

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
I don't believe there's a WBF requirement to list one's gear or name is there? He's been on this forum since 2013 -- let him speak his mind. my 2c
Wil, That's fine how about you wanting to let Cableman speak his piece. There have been three pages about ":volume" on this M9 thread, which has zero to do with M9s, maybe you might want to start a thread about volume and move the conversation to that thread.

It's fine to go off topic, but when it goes on for days and days and pages and pages it dilutes the original intent of a thread and might be an interesting enough topic for it's own thread.

jeff1225

Jan 29, 2012
Ok Will:
Power: Sound Application TT7 w/ 6g dedicated line from mains. Sablon cables.
Source: Taiko Extreme Server
Amp: Bakoon 51r.
Spks: Boenicke W13

Reactions: Al M.

the sound of Tao

Jul 18, 2014
No specifics from this guy, industry affiliation, system, etc. He won’t disclose his name.

WBF is a community where the majority of people and all the heavy users use their real names, disclose their system details, industry affiliations, etc.

Would even settle for a video at this point… ;) :rolleyes:

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
My last M9 video. My favourite Pink Floyd Album. I never heard Roger Waters sound like this on any system which is unusual in itself as I try and play this song on every system I am able to.

Howie. In real listening, put natural or unnatural debate aside, do you think these speakers top all other that you have heard in term of level of suspension of disbelief? I went to listen to M6 at that video I posted earlier. I had that wow moment comparable to first time I went to Imax. Your videos seem to show that particular ability from the M9 and probably much more in real.

Last edited:

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA

He's the Cable Guy.

the sound of Tao

Jul 18, 2014
  • Haha
Reactions: Rhapsody and PeterA

Cableman

Dec 27, 2013
I must have missed the explanation of what exactly is RRV? If it's just a subjective sense of a good SPL level for your room, then you would have to adjust per recordings which can vary drastically in db levels.
RRV is a precise setting that when you set correctly does not require readjusting. From there every piece plays to its fullest with all the air clarity and dynamics present within the recording

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
Okay lets try to pull cableman into the M9 discussion in another way
What cables would you use with the M9 .... Cableman ? ;)

Last edited:

Cableman

Dec 27, 2013
Lol. I have no specific knowledge of the M9s and I make it a point of not commenting on equipment that’s I’ve not personally heard in an environment I feel confident to comment on.

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
Lol. I have no specific knowledge of the M9s and I make it a point of not commenting on equipment that’s I’ve not personally heard in an environment I feel confident to comment on.
Are you a politician :p??

If thats the case i would just raise taxes some more to pay for them :cool:

sbo6

VIP/Donor
May 18, 2014
Round Rock, TX
Look. If you want to ignore the quite frankly ridiculous scenario where one magazine puts one manufacturer on its cover around FIVE TIMES in one calendar year and it’s later discovered the editors partner is a Nordost employee then so be it. I’m just informing those who may not be aware of such shenanigans
Thomas Jefferson engaged in shenanigans but does that discredit his accomplishments?

And look - you never answered my question. It is what it is. Thanks for that tid bit of information.

Cableman

Dec 27, 2013
Are you a politician :p??

If thats the case i would just raise taxes some more to pay for them :cool:
I have never flown a Boeing 747. Would you like me comment on it’s abilities too :cool:

seriously though. How on earth is preferring not to comment on a speaker I have zero experience of ‘ being a politician’? Or are you want to sound off on components you know diddly about?

Cableman

Dec 27, 2013
Thomas Jefferson engaged in shenanigans but does that discredit his accomplishments?

And look - you never answered my question. It is what it is. Thanks for that tid bit of information.
What if you had first hand knowledge of a well thought of reviewer who gave a rave to an amp that was unavailable outside of the manufacturers prototype, and of a well known magazine that printed that nefarious rave review, would you still be happy. Or would you still think that mag lacked credibility?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing