Lyra lambda sl or Ortofon Anna D

Mikeeo

VIP/Donor
Oct 21, 2015
Pan European
Hi,

Anyone compared these two? After 7 months waiting the replacement to my Etna sl, the Etna lambda sl has arrived but at the same time I have been offered an Ortofon Anna D. No possibility to have them compared on my Kuzma 11" gemstone bearing and Kondo silver wired version. Comments!

Mike

Mikeeo

VIP/Donor
Oct 21, 2015
Pan European
Hi,

Anyone compared these two? After 7 months waiting the replacement to my Etna sl, the Etna lambda sl has arrived but at the same time I have been offered an Ortofon Anna D. No possibility to have them compared on my Kuzma 11" gemstone bearing and Kondo silver wired version. Comments!

Mike
Got the Anna D!

TLi

May 27, 2016
I have some experience with Lyra Altas Lambda SL and Ortofon MC Century. Both cartridges were mounted on Phantom 12" Elite tomearm using ARC Reference 10 phonostage.

Altas is more detailed while MC Century has a smoother presentation. Both are nice cartridges.

Reactions: Mikeeo

Mikeeo

VIP/Donor
Oct 21, 2015
Pan European
I have some experience with Lyra Altas Lambda SL and Ortofon MC Century. Both cartridges were mounted on Phantom 12" Elite tomearm using ARC Reference 10 phonostage.

Altas is more detailed while MC Century has a smoother presentation. Both are nice cartridges.
Thanks TLi,

Do believe the Anna D had som further 'upgrades' which rendered in slightly better resolving power and from sources I trust says it is hell of a tracker and somehow have much less tracking/background noise.

M

Mikeeo

VIP/Donor
Oct 21, 2015
Pan European
Well, here's the report after 50 hours use! It beats my Lyra Etna SL on all parameters. Dynamics, micro detailing, timing, timbre, air, best tracker I had, easy to install etc. Music just flows without any hickups!

Mike

Reactions: XV-1

fbhifi

Dec 20, 2013
Okatie, SC
Having owned both, I greatly preferred the Anna D. I feel it’s a FAR better cartridge overall and doesn’t suffer from the aggressive and strident treble which was a serious shortcoming with the Etna SL.

Reactions: Mikeeo

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing