Liquid-filled power cables?

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
My cables, ultra thin copper ribbon for the positive, and an aluminum ribbon for the negative are sandwiched in thinner Kapton tape. They interface in Silver Rhodium spades. What do I get from these? Everything any CD dishes out. A grand piano sounds real from the lowest notes to the highest, plus any dynamic swing and at any loudness. They can just as well conduct a jazz band with trumpets blaring, and cympals crashing. If anyone wants to check my veracity, I am in Sacramento.

I am more interested in your system than your cables. BTW Got room treatemnt? Smile.

tarquineous

Jun 25, 2011
My cables, ultra thin copper ribbon for the positive, and an aluminum ribbon for the negative are sandwiched in thinner Kapton tape. They interface in Silver Rhodium spades. What do I get from these? Everything any CD dishes out. A grand piano sounds real from the lowest notes to the highest, plus any dynamic swing and at any loudness. They can just as well conduct a jazz band with trumpets blaring, and cympals crashing. If anyone wants to check my veracity, I am in Sacramento.

Please compare them to the Audio Magic liquid cables, and get back with us. Who makes the cable you described above ?

Phelonious Ponk

Jun 30, 2010
Regarding specs for the Audio Magic liquid polymer cables, the manufacturer shows 0.17 pf per ft, and 0.18 Ohm for an 8 ft length. What other specifications do you have in mind?

Reduction of SNR, distortion, changes (more linear?) in FR when compared to conventional cables of good quality?

Tim

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Liquid filled power cables sounds like a disaster waiting to happen. It also sounds like a solution in search of a problem.

tarquineous

Jun 25, 2011

How about checking your own veracity, and compare them to the liquid cables, and preferably a more common type of cable. I don't plan on travelling to Sacramento for a listening session.

Most of the posts on this thread are useless, so I guess I will have to get some of the liquid cables to try out.

fas42

Addicted To Best
Jan 8, 2011
NSW Australia
Just noticed this thread for the first time. The chap behind this is on to something: he's understood that the physical properties of all the materials used in the cable, not just the copper or silver, are relevant so you have to try various combinations and permutations. So, yes, when a system gets to a certain point this stuff becomes very, very relevant ...

Frank

tarquineous

Jun 25, 2011
Yes, the right cable for each component is essential to getting the most sound quality. A liquid cable of this quality, may be just what is needed on a certain component, or several. It's the sound that matters most, and the value of the product ( longevity, price to performance ratio, a person's budget, etc.).

I wish Nicholas would not describe the sound as " No cable". What the hell does no cable sound like ? Let's be a little more helpful here.

fas42

Addicted To Best
Jan 8, 2011
NSW Australia
The trouble is that over the many years people have spent fiddling with systems no really clear language has emerged to describe precisely what happens to sound when being reproduced at certain levels of quality. There are all sorts of emotive terms like liquid, lifting veils, etc, etc, but they are little help to those who wish to objectively understand the state of system's ability to reproduce. The simplest concept is that the system should be accurate, truly accurate; which means no audible distortion.

My schtick is that most systems produce significant levels of low level, highly disturbing distortion, and all these various devices and techniques alter the level and nature of that distortion. So if one fiddles with different things in a haphazard way you're effectively twiddling knobs of a digital work station, playing with all sorts of effects that alter the sound in various pleasant and unpleasant ways. Of course, the real goal is to completely eliminate all this low level "enhancement" taking place, and be able to listen to the raw, original sound of the recording. And from the sound of it, this cable is moving in the direction of not being just another colouring of the sound, but getting closer to the "true" sound of the media track.

Frank

Glory

Oct 28, 2011
Destin, FL.
Had two LC's by Audio Magic and one IC. It was the top of the line clairvoyant. AC Cables were OK and the IC the same. The Teo made liquid that I run as Spdif and IC is the real deal and has been the best I have had in my system. Made the AM sound broken.

The liquid air AC cable's heat srink came apart on one and I could see a ribbon wire in the liquid. Junk I say.

tarquineous

Jun 25, 2011
Liquid cable experience

Had two LC's by Audio Magic and one IC. It was the top of the line clairvoyant. AC Cables were OK and the IC the same. The Teo made liquid that I run as Spdif and IC is the real deal and has been the best I have had in my system. Made the AM sound broken.

The liquid air AC cable's heat srink came apart on one and I could see a ribbon wire in the liquid. Junk I say.

I have the Audio Magic Illusion power cord, and have auditioned the Teo Liquid SPDiF cable, and their RCA interconnects. I have many other cables to compare with, along with quite a few components of High End, Computer, Video, and a refurbished receiver (Sansui).

Overall, I have not been very impressed by any of the ones I have tried. I do get very good results with the Audio Magic Illusion (liquid), on a tuner I have here. For some reason, I am getting deeper bass from the tuner than the other high end cords I have, and also better than a good generic cord, fitted with Bybee Slipstream filters. So I am happy that I found a component that this cord works well on. The Illusion power cord also works well on Video screens, better than generic cords anyway, but my preference for video is cords with silver, or silver alloy. On other audio components, tubed, solid state, and digital, I get better results from other specialty cords.

The Teo Liquid interconnects and digital cable, were rather unspectacular, and slightly dull to me. This is only my opinion based on limited use. The prices for the Teo products were exorbitant to me, and therefore did not elicit good value. I have heard from other Audiophiles, that the Teo speaker cables are an excellent sounding product. Having heard them myself, at a show with Soundlab speakers, I have to agree. The sound was very clear and unfatiguing.

tarquineous

Jun 25, 2011

The construction of the cables you mention are similar to the Grover Huffman cables. Grover Huffman cables are one of my five favorite cables (I have only the interconnects, so far). The design utilizes copper, silver, and aluminum foils.

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
I have the Audio Magic Illusion power cord, and have auditioned the Teo Liquid SPDiF cable, and their RCA interconnects. I have many other cables to compare with, along with quite a few components of High End, Computer, Video, and a refurbished receiver (Sansui).

Overall, I have not been very impressed by any of the ones I have tried. I do get very good results with the Audio Magic Illusion (liquid), on a tuner I have here. For some reason, I am getting deeper bass from the tuner than the other high end cords I have, and also better than a good generic cord, fitted with Bybee Slipstream filters. So I am happy that I found a component that this cord works well on. The Illusion power cord also works well on Video screens, better than generic cords anyway, but my preference for video is cords with silver, or silver alloy. On other audio components, tubed, solid state, and digital, I get better results from other specialty cords.

The Teo Liquid interconnects and digital cable, were rather unspectacular, and slightly dull to me. This is only my opinion based on limited use. The prices for the Teo products were exorbitant to me, and therefore did not elicit good value. I have heard from other Audiophiles, that the Teo speaker cables are an excellent sounding product. Having heard them myself, at a show with Soundlab speakers, I have to agree. The sound was very clear and unfatiguing.

+1

I tried them and were not that impressed, at leasat compared with my Siltech ICs.

Last edited:

Brian Walsh

Jul 7, 2011
ttsetup.com
Teo Audio Liquid Cables will be showing again at THE Show in January with Sound Lab and other manufacturers. If you liked what you heard before, just wait. :)

tarquineous

Jun 25, 2011
Teo Audio Liquid Cables will be showing again at THE Show in January with Sound Lab and other manufacturers. If you liked what you heard before, just wait. :)

I hope they are not showing greed like before. God bless if they learned a lesson.

Brian Walsh

Jul 7, 2011
ttsetup.com
Interesting response!

I was speaking of the top of the line ParaHelios (formerly called Reference) series of cables which were demonstrated. Sticker shock at their prices is common, yet their entry level interconnects retail for $1000/1 meter, which I doubt many would raise an eyebrow about.

tarquineous

Jun 25, 2011
If all you see is the price you probably aren't a serious customer.

I see much more than the price. That's why I made the comment. Aside from that, I am all for the development of products for audio enthusiasts. This is where most of our outstanding products come from; great ideas that are made into a product, then refined from there.

Brian Walsh

Jul 7, 2011
ttsetup.com
I see much more than the price. That's why I made the comment. Aside from that, I am all for the development of products for audio enthusiasts. This is where most of our outstanding products come from; great ideas that are made into a product, then refined from there.

I did not discern that from your earlier post:
tarquineous said:
I hope they are not showing greed like before. God bless if they learned a lesson.

Mature designs based on years of development and many dozens of prototypes are not 'refined from there.' The research took a lot of time, the results of which were validated in careful listening tests.

tarquineous

Jun 25, 2011
I did not discern that from your earlier post:

Mature designs based on years of development and many dozens of prototypes are not 'refined from there.' The research took a lot of time, the results of which were validated in careful listening tests.

That's exactly what I meant. "Mature" designs had to start somewhere, then refined from there. So we'll see soon what the prices are and if they will make custom lengths, good customer support, and of course the sound. What I personally don't want to hear is the overly used BS that they are best for all systems in the world, and you have to have all their cables and no other brands, in order to get sonic nirvana. Myself and others have been through that too many times. But we'll see. I'm willing to try new stuff.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing