Krelles system with SMT room treatment!

sbo6

VIP/Donor
May 18, 2014
Round Rock, TX
Can you please let me know where you purchased the small wooden diffusers on the back wall? Very interesting looking and I'm sure quite functional.

Krelle

Aug 5, 2013
Stockholm Sweden
image.jpg

Bubbleroof again and wow, I really like the sound with the bubbles in place... so airy, natural, calmer my favourite artists play and sing!
Regards Krelle

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
Hi Krelle , looks lovely . I have my bubbles facing downwards and it's a wow for sure . Could you please clue me in , as to why you went inverted . Matts told me that with a 2 inch air gap and the bubbles facing down , there is an added benefit of mid bass absorption thru the slits (at the sides of the bubbles)using the Helmoltz principle . Did you compare the two positions ? Interested to know. Thanks and Enjoy !

Krelle

Aug 5, 2013
Stockholm Sweden
Hello! Its practical reasons. I dont have enough height on ceiling to have the bubbles facing down, I can not come into the room. But above the listeningposition I have room and I Will do like you with 5 of the bubbles facing down and have the gap like you. No I havent tried it like you have but soon I Will with 5 of the bubbles above My head. But I can not stop listening, its gonna be a late night:)

Krelle

Aug 5, 2013
Stockholm Sweden
image.jpg

Alot of SMT products in one picture. Acrylic S-wings and 1 acrylic W-wing in the middle. Tp-300 and bubbles inverted and facing down :eek:. The bubbles right above My head is very important, it happened alot to the better. About facing the bubbles down or up, there seems to be different opinions. I have a friend ( Cucumber again) and he tried both ways and thought that having them inverted worked best. I was told from him to save the last 5 to have them right above My head instead of having them on the other side behind My speakers and he was right again. Happy regards Krelle

Krelle

Aug 5, 2013
Stockholm Sweden
I have tried some new feets from Harmonix: RF-999MT mk2. Together with My Clearaudio turntable. They Will stay in house, it was so good. I dont know how they work but I dont care when the result is so good. I was a little Sceptic but I surrender, it feels like I have a new turntable. Here is a pic!
image.jpeg

SCAudiophile

Sep 11, 2010
Greer South Carolina (USA)
Very unique room treatments and cool looking room! Where did you get the idea for the bubble-roof and who made it for you? Is that SMT as well?

Krelle

Aug 5, 2013
Stockholm Sweden
Thank you :)! Yes the bubbles are products from SMT. If you look at Marten.se, under news you can see that they use bubbles to in their newly built showroom. Regards Krelle

SCAudiophile

Sep 11, 2010
Greer South Carolina (USA)
Will check it out....thank you! You live in any amazing city and country by the way!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing