KLaudio's new 'Magnezar' turntable

MikeHorns

Jul 6, 2014
Los Angeles
From PAF's Facebook page:

"Klaudio Unveils The Future of Turntables at Pacific Audio Fest – As a pioneer in high-end audio for over a decade, Klaudio will debut its latest masterpiece at Pacific Audio Fest next week. Attendees will have the exclusive opportunity to witness the future of turntables firsthand, as Klaudio showcases the extraordinary capabilities of Magnezar from June 23rd to 25th."

354244193_711301707468350_3389913980402245679_n.jpg

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia
Does it ultrasonically clean the LP as well? ;)

tima

Industry Expert
Mar 3, 2014
the Upper Midwest
Reactions: Lee

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
Tell them the price son :p

Solypsa

Jun 7, 2017
Seattle
www.solypsa.com
I think the most interesting feature is automatic clamping both from center and edges.
It is quite something to see in person. I've watched it many times and I still cant quite grasp the mechanics of the rim clamp haha

RichardA

VIP/Donor
Mar 21, 2017
Calabasas CA
This was fun to see and hear in person. I had him change the cartridge and it was such a quick process using the laser to align it.

Reactions: peter.park.KLAUDIO

Carlos269

Mar 21, 2012
Video from PAF by TrackingAngle.

Wow! One of the most impressive turntable designs that I have seen. Normally is just a new take on the same theme but this one actually has several innovations incorporated into the design. Although the price is high, it seems reasonable compared to its competitors. Look forward to learning more and possibly listening to this turntable. Not to be dismissed as the same old sh*t!

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
This was fun to see and hear in person. I had him change the cartridge and it was such a quick process using the laser to align it.

Richard, did he adjust for VTA and VTF when he changed the cartridge?

it was an interesting video but I would’ve liked to hear more about the drive system and whether or not there is correction on the speed. Is this a direct drive turntable?

I also would’ve loved to hear actual music with each of the tonearms.

RichardA

VIP/Donor
Mar 21, 2017
Calabasas CA
He aligned the cartridge with the laser based upon how it hit the tip and cantilever from what I observed then he moved the sliders on the rear of the arm to get the VTF if he did anything with the VTA i missed it.

Reactions: PeterA

Audire

VIP/Donor
Jan 18, 2019
FL Panhandle
Just received an email

Dear customer,
We are thrilled to inform you about a special launch promotion for our new turntable, the Magnezar.

As a valued customer and subscriber to Klaudio, we would like to extend an offer to reserve the Magnezar.To secure your reservation, kindly email us to place a non-refundable deposit. Customers who place their deposit before July 26, 2023 will receive a complementary Klaudio Tangential Tonearm for the Magnezar turntable (a $20,000 value) after the balance has been paid. Please note that a non-refundable deposit of $1,000, along with the applicable U.S. sales tax, will be collected prior to July 26, 2023. The remaining balance of $79,000, plus shipping and U.S. sales tax (if applicable), will be due before the shipment of the turntable and tonearm.

We anticipate the availability of Klaudio's Magnezar turntable in October 2023, and this special promotion is our expression of gratitude to audiophiles like yourself.

Should you have any questions or require further information, please do not hesitate to contact us. We are more than happy to assist you. Thank you once again, we deeply appreciate your enthusiasm for audio technology, and we eagerly anticipate serving you in the future.

Best regards,

Peter Klaudio

Solypsa

Jun 7, 2017
Seattle
www.solypsa.com
@PeterA :

Direct drive

Magnetic bearing ( don't know all the details )

Fluid damped platter

Auto rim + spindle clamp

Reactions: tima and PeterA

Bonesy Jonesy

Jan 3, 2017
UK & Spain
An interesting turntable.....BUT.....a lot of gizmo's to go wrong !

Reactions: analogsa

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England

Bonesy Jonesy

Jan 3, 2017
UK & Spain
Even the simplest TT/setup has a lot that can go wrong.
But only simple things going wrong with a simple TT set-up that could be fixed / corrected by the 'average joe' with little to no engineering experience i.e., not highly complex engineering issues that only the TT manufacturer can fix !

Solypsa

Jun 7, 2017
Seattle
www.solypsa.com
@Bonesy Jonesy true it is complex. So that's a valid concern. From what I understand the company behind KLAUDIO has some serious resources. At any rate it's not being made by a cottage industry. Time will tell. :)

Reactions: Bonesy Jonesy

MikeHorns

Jul 6, 2014
Los Angeles
New info on KLaudio website:

Features

• Magnetically levitated platter
• Ultra quiet direct drive motor
• Enhanced liquid stabilization and lighting
• Automatic spindle and peripheral clamping
• Dual tonearm support, including Klaudio tangential tonearm and laser pod
• Adjustable platter speed: 33, 45, & 78rpm
• Aluminum construction

*Specifications

• Wow and Flutter: 0.015% max.
• Speed Accuracy: ~0.01%
• Motor Torque: 5 Nm/sec
• Total Weight: 121lbs (55kg)
• Size: 16.3x22.6x11in (415x575x280mm)
• Platter Weight: 44lbs (20kg)
• Platter Size: 14.4x4.1in (365x105mm)

*Product is still in development and some specifications may be subject to change before launch - Oct 26, 2023.

Reactions: Lee

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing