* Just some Cool Videos! *

Groucho

Aug 18, 2012
UK

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada

This is great! I've seen it too before, and went back looking at this entire thread to see if it was also posted here from prior; but no it wasn't, so good score for you Mike to have it inserted here now. :cool:

* While I was checking back I noticed that a fair number of videos aren't available anymore. :(
And without post's titles it is impossible to retrieve them, unless there's a trick that I don't know of. ...By their codes (eleven characters)?

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Test

Note -> From page 11, post #103, I attempted to retrieve the missing youtube video.
I went to youtube's own website and type the full code of that video (from page eleven, post #103).

Then I have a long list of videos, and there was no way to know which one.
Guess what, I was extremely lucky; I got it in my second attempt!

Yes, that was the video missing at post #103, but the eleven characters code wasn't showing anything anymore.
So I just typed Man of Steel trailer, and here's that video, but with a new code now because the other is simply dead.

* I might be able to retrieve some of my own videos that I posted, even from couple years ago (my memory is quite good),
as luck is on my side. ...But it is very time consuming, so I won't.
And of course it is even harder from other people's own videos; an almost impossible task.
But hey, I went back at random (post #103) which was missing the video, and bingo, within only few minutes I retrieved it.
...A mix of perseverance, patience, memory, and a bit of luck.

Last edited:

Mike

VIP/Donor
Jan 28, 2012
Madison, New Jersey
This is great! I've seen it too before, and went back looking at this entire thread to see if it was also posted here from prior; but no it wasn't, so good score for you Mike to have it inserted here now. :cool:

* While I was checking back I noticed that a fair number of videos aren't available anymore. :(
And without post's titles it is impossible to retrieve them, unless there's a trick that I don't know of. ...By their codes (eleven characters)?

Hi Bob,

I was impressed with this, too. There are some very clever and imaginative people out there. Good luck with the search for videos; maybe Amir can help.

Mike

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing