Build your own Wilson Audio Flat Speaker Jack

BillK

Aug 25, 2015
Many people are familiar with the cool Wilson Audio flat speaker jack that can be used to lift your speaker so that you can replace sliders with various feet - Wilson Diodes, IsoAcoustic or Stillpoints feet, etc.

WA_Flat_Jack_With_Wrench__88688.jpg

Wilson Audio Flat Jack

It's included with Wilson Audio speakers, but Wilson Audio also sells it separately as an accessory.

However, at $1100, it's just a bit pricy.

Thankfully, with a little Internet research, you can effectively build your own for much less.

Let's start with the pictured wrench, currently $32.53 at Amazon:

Lang 7578 Wrench

Now the jack. This is, as far as I can tell, the same jack, except without the Wilson Audio specialty pieces, a different saddle, and for the Lo-Pro jack the weight test limit for the jack and brand name are painted in silver on top:

Lo-Pro Jack_3-705.jpg

Lo-Pro® Floor Jack Compact Low Profile Billet Aluminum Jack

Your cost: $239.99 plus shipping.

The saddle on this version is a hard rubber rather than a flat piece of aluminum, but it works just fine for every speaker I've tried, and it even comes with the same storage case as the Wilson jack but obviously without the Wilson Audio logo printed on it.

Thus, the functional equivalent of the $1100 Wilson Audio jack for just $272.52, plus shipping costs. Obviously, it's not exactly the same, but it certainly seems to be made by the same company.

For those of you who like videos:

I freely admit I am not the first person on the Internet to track down the jack, but I kept losing track of it and wanted to make a post here so it's more easily findable by people in the future.

I also in no way want to criticize Wilson Audio by posting this, it's just I always wanted one of these and though a few people have been able to get a good deal on one through a Wilson Audio dealer who was selling theirs, I never had that luck.

Last edited:
Reactions: tony22

Another Johnson

VIP/Donor
Jan 13, 2022
Music City, USA aka Nashville
Before buying the Wilson jack, which actually retailed for much less a few years ago, I also traced this one down.

My experience at that time was that they were always sold out with a lengthy predicted back order. So … I got tired of waiting on them, and found a Wilson dealer with a sharp pencil.

The platten bothered me, but if it is reliable, then my concerns were unwarranted.

I was disappointed that Wilson does not include the jack at the Sasha level or below. The Sasha can certainly use the jack, and in the literature for the Sasha V, they actually show the jack being used. If queried about this, they will tell you that the dealer has the jack and will bring it to the installation.

tony22

Nov 4, 2019
Many people are familiar with the cool Wilson Audio flat speaker jack that can be used to lift your speaker so that you can replace sliders with various feet - Wilson Diodes, IsoAcoustic or Stillpoints feet, etc.

View attachment 126675

Wilson Audio Flat Jack

It's included with Wilson Audio speakers, but Wilson Audio also sells it separately as an accessory.

However, at $1100, it's just a bit pricy.

Thankfully, with a little Internet research, you can effectively build your own for much less.

Let's start with the pictured wrench, currently $32.53 at Amazon:

Lang 7578 Wrench

Now the jack. This is, as far as I can tell, the same jack, except without the Wilson Audio specialty pieces, a different saddle, and for the Lo-Pro jack the weight test limit for the jack and brand name are painted in silver on top:

View attachment 126676

Lo-Pro® Floor Jack Compact Low Profile Billet Aluminum Jack

Your cost: $239.99 plus shipping.

The saddle on this version is a hard rubber rather than a flat piece of aluminum, but it works just fine for every speaker I've tried, and it even comes with the same storage case as the Wilson jack but obviously without the Wilson Audio logo printed on it.

Thus, the functional equivalent of the $1100 Wilson Audio jack for just $272.52, plus shipping costs. Obviously, it's not exactly the same, but it certainly seems to be made by the same company.

For those of you who like videos:

I freely admit I am not the first person on the Internet to track down the jack, but I kept losing track of it and wanted to make a post here so it's more easily findable by people in the future.

I also in no way want to criticize Wilson Audio by posting this, it's just I always wanted one of these and though a few people have been able to get a good deal on one through a Wilson Audio dealer who was selling theirs, I never had that luck.
What’s the Wilson saddle made from?

BillK

Aug 25, 2015
Before buying the Wilson jack, which actually retailed for much less a few years ago, I also traced this one down.

My experience at that time was that they were always sold out with a lengthy predicted back order. So … I got tired of waiting on them, and found a Wilson dealer with a sharp pencil.

The platten bothered me, but if it is reliable, then my concerns were unwarranted.

I was disappointed that Wilson does not include the jack at the Sasha level or below. The Sasha can certainly use the jack, and in the literature for the Sasha V, they actually show the jack being used. If queried about this, they will tell you that the dealer has the jack and will bring it to the installation.

Yes, I think it was $800 just a few years ago.

I congratulate you; I never found a dealer willing to part with theirs or charge me what I thought was a reasonable amount to order one from Wilson.

Since I didn't need it immediately, waiting about three weeks for my Lo-Pro to ship was no big deal.

Another Johnson

VIP/Donor
Jan 13, 2022
Music City, USA aka Nashville
Yes, I think it was $800 just a few years ago.

I congratulate you; I never found a dealer willing to part with theirs or charge me what I thought was a reasonable amount to order one from Wilson.

Since I didn't need it immediately, waiting about three weeks for my Lo-Pro to ship was no big deal.
They appear to have caught up with their supply chain. I would definitely try the aftermarket model because of the absurdly large price difference.

The truth is that on the Sasha and lower models, you can get by without it. I used mine when I installed the mechanical diodes and again for the acoustic diodes, but it really wasn’t necessary.
Here’s a picture. None of it is magnetic, but it’s heavy, perhaps stainless. Feels too heavy for aluminum.

IMG_1279.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: tony22

BillK

Aug 25, 2015
I have a different brand speaker I wanted to use it with so that's why I wanted to purchase one.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing