iFi Auidio Zen Streamer Review

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
I requested this propduct and it was sent to me on loan. In part because I do not understand streamers. Regrettably I still don't.
The Zen Streamer is available via mail order for $399 U.S Dollars. It comes with an ethernet cable. It is small and stackable unit like the other products in their line. It is physically attractive and appears bullet proof. It has no controls and should be used with your smart phone,computer or other mobile device.
While it worked with the ethernet cable I was unable to get it to work in wireless mode. This is a problem for many. It may be a problem with firmware. Despite my best efforts I was unsuccessful. Perhaps those with better computer skills could do better.
For me at least the product was redundant. I have Infinity cable. My router sends a signal to my room with no problem.
If you are in the market for a streamer this may be for you. IFi audio has competent engineers as evidenced by their other fine products. They need to solve the problem of the wireless section and make it truly plug and play

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211018-085704_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20211018-085704_YouTube.jpg
    250.4 KB · Views: 1

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Please disregard the above screenshot. 20210728_212134.jpg

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
20210728_213026.jpg

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
20210728_213001.jpg

AMR / iFi audio

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2019
UK
ifi-audio.com
Thanks for your feedback. We have had a few customers struggling to link the ZEN Stream up with the local network wirelessly. The Zen Stream is capable of doing amazing things, but if you want to connect it to your local network, one has to follow the guidelines step by step. A wi-fi connection on the Zen Stream is as simple as it could be. Here is a little start guide video in case you are interested. If that does not work we have a competent support team that will gladly help you out if it is a particular case.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing