I bought Focal Stella Utopia Evo, but...

Motoman

Jul 24, 2021
Miami Beach
However, the focal does not take any action and does not respond to my e-mail, just reading it.
And that is one of the reasons that I would have named Focal . . they are the ones who can make a phone call and have a blue pair at your door, or at least stand behind their product. Good luck, and keep us posted here.

bryans

VIP/Donor
Dec 26, 2017
@Jongsun Good luck in your case. I'm starting to look at speakers and was planning on including Focal. Now I'm not sure. Hopefully Focal will change course and take care of this.

Jongsun

Mar 5, 2021
And that is one of the reasons that I would have named Focal . . they are the ones who can make a phone call and have a blue pair at your door, or at least stand behind their product. Good luck, and keep us posted here.
The distributor here is quite a problematic place. They didn't deal with the defective product correctly as in my case. So many people were damaged. I will fight this distributor to the bitter end and Many audio people in my country are watching this case with interest and supporting me.
With the focal sitting on the sidelines like this, it is likely that there will be few purchases in my country in the future.
I will continue to post the progress afterwards.

Last edited:
Reactions: Glide3

Jongsun

Mar 5, 2021
@Jongsun Good luck in your case. I'm starting to look at speakers and was planning on including Focal. Now I'm not sure. Hopefully Focal will change course and take care of this.
Thank you.
I purchased the flagship model of focal, but I was so disappointed that it was this much post-processing.
I will never buy the focal again.

Jongsun

Mar 5, 2021
It's already been a year and a half since the lawsuit began.
In July, I was cleared by the prosecution About defamation and obstruction of business
However, as expected, the dealer appealed.
He's a great dealer who sells defective products and even sues consumers.
And It's amazing that Focal is just watching this situation.
I bought a flagship model of Focal, and it would be better to buy something from a small local store.
Focal said that blue color was out of stock in March last year, but at the end of March last year, blue color was imported from Dubai.
The dealer is refusing to refund the product, saying it will be exchanged at the trial.
I think it's probably not a new product.

The court instructed the expert to check the failure.
The delers claim the following confirmations:

1. Replace the amplifier cable and use the dc filter

2. Is it difficult to know if this product is broken?

3.Is the volume too high, harmful current from the amplifier, or external impact caused the fault, or is the third cause affected?

4. So what is the third cause?

5.Is this an initial defect and is this a significant defect?

The court expert said he couldn't do it because it was too hard.

I submitted an e-mail from Focal that acknowledged the defect and offered to exchange it as evidence.
The manufacturer acknowledged the defect and offered to exchange it
The dealer is still claiming that it is not defective or that I have broken it.
Since then, even if I send an e-mail to the person in charge of the focal, they only read and do not send any reply.

The contents of the email from focal are as follows.

-----Original Message-----

To: "jongsun"
Cc:***"<*****@*****; "Service"<support.tech@focal.com>;
Sent: 2021-02-27 23:40:04)
Subject: Re: [SAV FOCAL] Focal After Sales Service High-fidelity loudspeakers

Dear Mr. Jongsun,

first of all, let me say sorry again on behalf of Focal for the technical problem and all inconvenience caused.

Concerning the stain on the base stand, this can come from transportation and it shall be easily

removed.

But you are right of course, it could be done during installation.

Thanks again for your love to Focal. If I understand well, you had did have a pair of Scala Utopia

before and now changed to Stella EVO?

Concerning the technical defect on the driver, please give us the chance to

summarise on Monday and make a proposal to you.

Because of the time difference between France and **** could then contact you on Tuesday.

In the meanwhile I can guarantee you again, that all the responsible

To: "jongsun"
Cc:
Sent: 2021-03-01 14:11:48
Subject: Fwd: [SAV FOCAL] Focal After Sales Service High-fidelity loudspeakers

Dear Mr. Jongsun,

once again, thanks for your support to Focal.

Please allow us to review your case once our French office is opening later today.

On the questions for and about ****, I would like to discuss with **** owner. In the meanwhile

I would like to focus to do the necessary for your Stella EVO.

In case I understand you correctly, you would be willing to change the color to ’Noyer Naturel’ ?

This would be the lighter version of the two wooden finishes we are offering.

The reason asking is to check the availability without delay.

Commercially, of course ***** is in charge.

Thank you

To: "jongsun
Cc:
Sent: 2021-03-01 17:14:47
Subject: Re: [SAV FOCAL] Focal After Sales Service High-fidelity loudspeakers

Dear Mr. Jongsun,

I am sorry for your deep frustration and we also understand that this

case started from the Stella EVO speakers obviously not working. As I mentioned

over the weekend, we want to take responsibility to the part we can influence.

That is why I asked before if you would keep the same color or prefer another

finish to exchange. In this moment, not all versions are available but of course

we would try to manage with the highest priority.

We still hope not to lose your support or trust in Focal Utopia products.

With best regards

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: howiebrou

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing