Help with non-responsive dealer

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
I sent a mail to Mach2 requesting some basic guidelines to help me out, thanks Lloyd!

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Good luck!

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
I unpacked the Mach2, it turns on and looks that is working - next step is to reconnect with this dealer to kindly request the d$&)@);d system administrator password to set it up. I also requested support to Mach2 but no answer back either :(

Now I understand this "digital server nightmare" some refer to when taking this route...

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
I did not receive a word from either the High End Palace or Mach2 (a shame....), but Lee saved my day with a password option that worked! The Mach2 is now ready to be installed.

Bottom Line: please double check before buying from The High End Palace, they delivered my unit but late and with incomplete instructions and fabbled communications. We can declare the case CLOSED.

Last edited:

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Hi...whats the latest? Any word on how it sounds?

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
I am setting it up as we speak, I was trying to avoid buying an HDMI monitor but looks inevitable since I need to interact with the Mach2 with tasks such as Puresound setup, various authentication screens, etc.

We tried to perform all those processes at my son's room thru his HDMI flat screen, but when trying to operate it "blind" at my room neither iTap or remote work.

My son and I are waiting for Best Buy to open and get the monitor in order to finish its installation, i tried to install iTap VNC in order to avoid the monitor without success. :(

Barry

Member Sponsor
Jan 7, 2012
Somewhere near Philadelphia, USA
I have dealt with Larry Diaz at High-End Palace. One transaction was successful. He is a very aggressive sales person but I think he cares about his reputation so I would go at that with postings here and elsewhere if you do not get satisfaction.

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
Barry - the case is closed for me, I would do no harm except not doing any further business with him - the Mach2 is now up&running thanks to Lee an others here who helped me out.

Lloyd - I need to install Puremusic once I receive my code (I bought it some years ago so I hope they remember me), as it is the sound is merely acceptable, my late Rega P3/Elys setup could draw circles around the stock Mach2 IMHO.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Lloyd - I need to install Puremusic once I receive my code (I bought it some years ago so I hope they remember me), as it is the sound is merely acceptable, my late Rega P3/Elys setup could draw circles around the stock Mach2 IMHO.

Thanks...good to know.

Simon Templar

Jan 19, 2012
Infinite Rider on The Big Dogma
I feel your pain.

I had a similar experience a number of years back. I ordered a Benz Ruby 2 through a well-known (and, at that time, well-respected) dealer. He demanded full payment plus my current cartridge up front to order it. Once paid, I couldn't get this guy to answer my emails and he just plain ignored requests for a new telephone number for him (the one we'd used had been disconnected suddenly).

He had promised delivery within four weeks. Four months later, I was still trying to get my cartridge out of him.

Finally, when I tracked him down through his IP address and did a little detective work I finally got a phone number for him. We had an hour long discussion on the telephone where I made it clear that my next move was legal charges including but not limited to Mail Fraud. He promised I'd have it within the week.

Actually, it took him two weeks.

By the time I received my new Ruby 2...the Ruby 3 carts had been out two months. Yes, I did verify it was new with Benz. It was the last one they sold...or so they told me.

Brick-and-Mortar dealers that behave in this manner are a pet peeve of mine. There is one locally who, because they have the local and statewide markets for a number of high-end makers compleatly sewn up, feels that it is OK to mislead and abuse his clientele. If you don't like it, too bad.....the only way you'll get the gear you want is to buy it from him. And if you try to go around him to another dealer who offers better service and care...he'll block you. (Non-compete agreements are nice in theory...in actual practice, though, they cause as much harm as they prevent.) In fact, he did it to me again just three weeks ago.

All of this goes on at many brick-and-mortars whilst they simultaneously wring their hands and bemoan the fact that their business is going to the web.

It seems a screwed up business all the way around.

....sT

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing