Hello from Minnesota

AluminatiSound

Aug 25, 2013
Minnesota
Just launched my website, which i will use to show off my current projects :)

www.AluminatiSound.com

AluminatiSound

Aug 25, 2013
Minnesota
Dan from Canada sent me pictures this morning. Just wonderful!!!!

Matt

AluminatiSound

Aug 25, 2013
Minnesota
Matt, how do you anodize the machined parts? Send them out to someone?

Amir,
We do send them out to a local platting shop. They grip the parts from the spindle hole and dip them into a dye solution. The parts are charged with a very high current and the dye is attracted to the aluminum surface. It is a very hot, smelly and reactive environment. They offer around 20 color options for anodizing and many other options like gold, nickel and zinc platting.

Matt

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Amir,
We do send them out to a local platting shop. They grip the parts from the spindle hole and dip them into a dye solution. The parts are charged with a very high current and the dye is attracted to the aluminum surface. It is a very hot, smelly and reactive environment.
They offer around 20 color options for anodizing and many other options like gold, nickel and zinc platting.

Matt

And that one looks awesome on Dan's turntable. ...Thanks for sharing those pictures Matt.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Amir,
We do send them out to a local platting shop. They grip the parts from the spindle hole and dip them into a dye solution. The parts are charged with a very high current and the dye is attracted to the aluminum surface. It is a very hot, smelly and reactive environment. They offer around 20 color options for anodizing and many other options like gold, nickel and zinc platting.

Matt
Thanks. I thought maybe you had gone all the way and did that in house! :D

How about a favor. I know next to nothing about machining and love to get an introduction to the process. How about writing a quick article for us explaining the end to end process, cost of tools, etc. I am assuming it won't give out any secret sauce as that is likely the creativity that you bring to it. :)

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
WoW! Be prepared for a fascinating adventure Amir! ...And fasten your seat belts!
...I've seen some of the process from Matt's pictures at other audio sites, with the machines and all; and it is absolutely captivating indeed.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing