Hello from Minnesota

AluminatiSound

Aug 25, 2013
Minnesota
Hi my name is Matt and i have been making audio equipment for years and recently have been making and selling gear. I'm a very experienced machinist and designer and love what i do.

For the longest time i was know as Kraemer Designs but changed to Aluminati Sound this year :)

I could post pictures of my past projects but don't know if too many pictures will slow the forum bandwidth down.

AluminatiSound

Aug 25, 2013
Minnesota
Okay here we go :)

Btw, everything is made out of solid slabs, blocks or plates of 6061 aluminum :) Most of my projects are very heavy.

It all started with faceplates and yes it progressed very rapidly since then.

12 outlet power distribution box i made.

The beginning of my TT~1 Turntable

Lead shot chamber

On display at Needle Doctor

What it ended up being after slimming things done. Later i sold it for $4,000 and started dreaming up TT~2

AluminatiSound

Aug 25, 2013
Minnesota
The beginning of my MMp~1 MM phono pre amp

Finished and runs off batteries for no noise issues

Beginning of TT~2. The platter and plinth assembly. There is a .005" gap between the two, a piece of paper barely slides in.

A few changes at the end and its finished. Gone and yes i am starting a new table design.

AluminatiSound

Aug 25, 2013
Minnesota
My Red Rose speakers

Gold faceplates i made

Class d amp cases (Hypex NC400 modules)

Wiring

I have 100's of projects lol

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Wow! Just wow!

Welcome to the forum Matt!:D

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Nice pics! So how much does it cost to buy the raw chunk of aluminum like the one in your pre-amp before machining?

AluminatiSound

Aug 25, 2013
Minnesota
Nice pics! So how much does it cost to buy the raw chunk of aluminum like the one in your pre-amp before machining?

It was around $100 for the block and cover. Took about 5 hours to program and machine :)

AluminatiSound

Aug 25, 2013
Minnesota

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Hi Matt, very nice to see you here, and with your master pieces. ...Indeed they are gorgeously well designed. :b

The very best to you and to the love of your life and to all your family,
Bob

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Sensational metal work! very very cool...I wonder if people from WBF are going to contact you for some custom work? If I could think of something...I certainly would! Really looks great.

audioguy

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Near Atlanta, GA but not too near!
Jeff Rowland --- LOOK OUT!

I would love some custom cases for (a) music server (b) Oppo (c) a few others.

His artwork would be the IDEAL case to use over some less than top end piece of electronics and used in a "sighted test" with some other well known and highly respected product.

VERY nice work.

AluminatiSound

Aug 25, 2013
Minnesota
Here ya go guys and Bob :)

I have made around 90 of these and sell them on many forums for $55 shipped in the US but do not believe i can sell them here.

AluminatiSound

Aug 25, 2013
Minnesota
Amir,

Is there a section where i could possibly sell these :)

Matt

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing