H J s system !

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
Actually im quite happy the speakers are still on the wooden floor and. Didnt sank Through .at around 260 kg. A piece.
The cabinet is as dead as a dodo and your. Hear that especially in the bass and in decay of notes

GMKF

VIP/Donor
Aug 15, 2017
Munich
After listening.
or now i geel the limiting factors is definetively a source matter , plus a ribbon twmight be a bit more transparant, but its a taste thing afaic

What about an Mundorf AMT ? Or RAAL Ribbon ?

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
After listening to some cd's and tape, i think my speakers design is also a truthmachine and would fit wel in studio as a monitoring device.
Some cd's sound good but the majority sounds flawed in a sense.
Further a ribbon tw might argualeby sound a bit more transparant but its a matter of tweeter taste also

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
Ribbon tweeters , ribbons. In general sound silky smooth
Im talking ribbons in general due to their design , backside is that they dont sound very forcefull imo

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
I ve pulled the speakers in a bit they are about 1.80 from the backwall and about 3,5 meters apart .
Huge Soundstage development as a result, plus the sound s is uncanning ly free from the speakers , to An extant MDF or Wood cant reach , Imo
Organmusic , choir and speech sound pretty good on CD .
Many so called special audiophile recordings of Classical music arent very special at all , with cd's you Just got to get lucky . Just like any other medium , lol

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
Haha. , Yes IT needs a bit of getting used to as a dutchie , but i do my best im staying close to Parc josaphat which is a Nice area .
For my work im 50 % abroad. Anyway

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
To be honest i d rather live without the cat poweramp then with the pre , a good pre on a cheaper transistor power still sounds great .
May be i should buy a dartzeel 108 lol

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
I ve got spectaculair imaging now in the new room , and especially with the transistor amp , im tempted to say the transistor class a sound s better , although IT takes a couple of hours to get the transistor glow and ITs less powerfull

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
To be honest i d rather live without the cat poweramp then with the pre , a good pre on a cheaper transistor power still sounds great .
May be i should buy a dartzeel 108 lol

+1

The CAT preamp is in many ways the engine for your system, the amp...the transmission. Cables and Speakers---the wheels, tires and body. Not my analogy, but IMO true.

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
NO , not my cup of tea to dry clinical sounding, never heard a magico sound worse then with solution.
IT might also be a cheaper class a amp brand , i guess that Will do also , i dont like to spend more then nescessary

GMKF

VIP/Donor
Aug 15, 2017
Munich
NO , not my cup of tea to dry clinical sounding, never heard a magico sound worse then with solution.
IT might also be a cheaper class a amp brand , i guess that Will do also , i dont like to spend more then nescessary

There is the possibility that Magico/Soulution is a miss-match. I really liked the high end 2017 combo of Rockport/Soulution...
Good mid-bass and effortless..

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
Sure that could well be the case , never heard rockports yet.
And yes power corrupts ,. Never been to the munich show , i should go demonstrate with my own speakers , show Them how real bass sounds like , but i likely dont fit very well in the cable switch crowd its not my thing

GMKF

VIP/Donor
Aug 15, 2017
Munich
Sure that could well be the case , never heard rockports yet.
And yes power corrupts ,. Never been to the munich show , i should go demonstrate with my own speakers , show Them how real bass sounds like , but i likely dont fit very well in the cable switch crowd its not my thing

I heard that it's is rather expensive to get a "good" room there. Not a box on the show room floor...
You may find a nother company to "split" costs... Amp company for example

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing