Gryphon Audio Announces First Turntable With Helmut Brinkmann!

Maybe he is too humble to play that game...so he plays it for Gryphon who have been in the uber space for their whole existence.

He gets two streams - one for the Brinkmann Brand and one via Gryphon. We assume he was paid only a one off, he might have a percentage for every table sold.

This way, he has his flagship at 40 - 50k and another flagship at 150k. Both are flagships for different customer profiles.

Reactions: shakti and mtemur
Should be named Sisyphus as that is who you will feel like after shelling out 150k.

I guess if it’s another item to buy but not listen to, can be named Cassandra

Reactions: howiebrou
Yes, you can buy them separately, BB comes with sinus motor.
if you have older models or Lagrange, you can upgrade to sinus motor.

Great, thank you for the info. Do you know the approx. Price but any chance?

Yes, you can buy them separately, BB comes with sinus motor.
if you have older models or Lagrange, you can upgrade to sinus motor.

Great, thank you for the info. Do you know the approx. Price but any chance?
Sorry missed the link with the pricing info.
Sinus motor in the picture looks like a motor unit without the housing?

There must be a business case for so many manufacturers releasing huge, > $/€/£100k turntables, but I am struggling to understand the extent of the market for such things.

Simple in my view. Potential profits from uber expensive priced items. Sadly or perhaps not, a somewhat common practice these days in hi end audio. If anyone has a different opinion other than the "complete" system strategy from one manufacturer concept, I'd love to hear it.

Last edited:
Maybe he is too humble to play that game...so he plays it for Gryphon who have been in the uber space for their whole existence.
He is coming out with a 3 motor version next year ! :eek: Those Germans are so predictable !;)

Last edited:
Both names used by Aries Cerat already...
The Apollo name was used for the top Maplenoll turntable 25 years ago, a ugly unreliable table with air bearing, vacuum hold down and air tangential arm with front silicon trough. :rolleyes:

Reactions: exupgh12
I like the Gryphon sound, and their aesthetic, and have bought several amps from their range. I appreciate what they've done with this and I'm sure that it'll sound great, but IMO it's an ugly device and crazy money. I wonder what the market is, I imagine that it is very small in the UK certainly. I'll be really interested to see what the reaction to Siren is - is it the same size as the Commander?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing