Goldmund Mimesis Reference / Telos 8800 vs Audio Note Kondo G1000i / Kagura 2i

Amir

May 3, 2021
Tehran, Iran
www.amiraudio.com
I haven’t heard these big Goldmund amps but I heard almost all big Goldmund monos over the years. None of them sounding good though. If I have to describe Goldmund sound cardboard pops in my mind. I prefer Vitus or Absolare SS instead but that’s just me. If you’re switching from Kondo or another top SET amp to Goldmund or Gryphon that means you shouldn’t have Kondo in the first place. It takes time to appreciate SET sound. Again it’s just my opinion.
Actually Vitus Audio Class A amplifiers are quite different to other SS amplifiers.
I think the sound of Vitus is also different to other Class A SS amplifiers like Pass Labs or Gryphon.

Hans Ole Vitus spend 8 years to design SM100 100w class A amplifier.

Reactions: mtemur

Amir

May 3, 2021
Tehran, Iran
www.amiraudio.com
I think Vitus Class A amplifiers opened a new window for those who like tubes but prefer to have solidstate .

Amir

May 3, 2021
Tehran, Iran
www.amiraudio.com
IMG_7556.jpeg
New MP-M201 arrived ...

TLi

May 27, 2016
I have a number of audiophile friends whom came over to listen to the Goldmund. The opinion was divided. Some like it very much while some were fairly negative about its performance.

It boils down to the Goldmund signature sound. If you like it, you love the system. If you don't, you feel quite annoyed by the sound. I suppose all brands have their characteristics. You buy the brand that suits your taste. There is no one size fit all in audio industry and that's why there are so many brands to choose from.

TLi

May 27, 2016
Hi, Its been about 4 month since you ve had the big Goldmunds, so any additional observations& comparisons you might have? Thank so much!
The Goldmund set was on loan to me for audition. After around one week, it was returned to dealer. No further update is available.

Reactions: AudioLibertarian

TLi

May 27, 2016
May I ask what solid state amps have you used in your system since the Goldmunds? Thanks so much!
I am basically a tube guy. My amplifier is Audio Note Kondo. After Goldmund, a set of VAC tube pre and power amp was sent to my room for audition. VAC is push-pull design and it sounded quite different from the single-ended Kondo. In the end, I still found Kondo is the best in my room.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing