Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
here are some thoughts by reviewers

Esotar

VIP/Donor
Mar 27, 2016
South Korea
www.digituslabs.kr
please private message me and we can discuss this.

Elliot, I sent message to you before 10 hours.

Please check it and advise me

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
Göbel High End - Patented Loudspeakers & Cables made in Germany

Page Liked · 8 hrs ·

Göbel High End - Patented Loudspeakers & Cables made in Germany

Page Liked · 8 hrs ·

John Atkinson, the worldwide renown reviewer and technical editor of the audiophile magazine stereophile wrote an awesome review about our Divin Marquis loudspeakers which is published as the front cover review in the October 2020 issue of the stereophile magazine. Many thanks John for this great review. We appreciate a lot.

Here are a few statements out of this review from John Atkinson:

- "The deep organ notes at the climax of Philip Ledger’s performance of Franck’s Chorale No.3 in A minor (24/192 AIFF needle drop from Organ Music from King’s College, HMV HQS 1356) were reproduced with seemingly limitless power."

- "The Göbel loudspeakers were chameleons. They sounded small when appropriate, as with Chris Thile’s transcriptions for mandolin of Bach’s Sonatas and Partitas for Violin, Vol.1 (16/44.1 AIFF, Nonesuch 5353602) but massively powerful when the recording called for it, as with Joe Walsh’s “Rocky Mountain Way” (24/192 AIFF needle drop from a 12" 45rpm single, ABC ABE 12002)."

- "My ears frazzled by giving in to the temptation to play Joe Walsh as loud as the Göbels would allow without strain."

- ... "the lowest notes were nicely fleshed out by the Göbels but without any boom: There was no indication that these are big loudspeakers with big woofers."

- "But it was the unexpectedly delicate way in which these speakers got right the country-dance character of the third movement, the bassoon punctuations in particular, that impressed."

- "And the glorious restatement of that I-vi-IV-V chord sequence — so overused since Beethoven’s time — at the end of the finale rocked my world on the Göbel speakers."

- "Full range, low distortion, no coloration: The thoroughbred performance of the Divin Marquis confirms that Göbel High End presents serious competition to the Wilsons, Magicos, Rockports, Tidals, von Schweikerts, and YG Acousticses of the cost-no-object loudspeaker world."

But please don't forget, the Divin Marquis is the entry model of our Divin series!
5ct7utv0qotm~2.jpg

Reactions: Elliot G.

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
oct add.jpg

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
I worked out an interesting tool to help align the speakers and to get the tweeter height and the speakers level perfectly using laser and this target which is not positioned where i use it but rather where it can be seen. Audio bullseye :)
2020-09-15 10.44.38.jpg

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong

Esotar

VIP/Donor
Mar 27, 2016
South Korea
www.digituslabs.kr
Elliot~

Does Divin Marquis have new features that Divin Majestic and Divin Noblesse don't have?

Marquis spec is the highest among them.

I think Oliver will install new technologies in Divin Marquis.

howiebrou

Jun 29, 2012
Elliot~

Does Divin Marquis have new features that Divin Majestic and Divin Noblesse don't have?

He better not have!:p

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
Last edited:
Reactions: howiebrou

Blue58

Jan 20, 2013
London, UK
Stereophile pic of wiring doesn’t look right to me.

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
that's quite aggressive toe-in.

how much space is there behind the sofa?
there is about 6 feet/2m behind the chairs to the back of the room

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Elliot~

NO! there are NO new features.
We are not like some of those other companies LOL

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
that's quite aggressive toe-in.

how much space is there behind the sofa?
Understanding how the speaker works and how the tweeter is set in the tractic Flare mounting it is important in my room sitting where I do that the tweeters be aimed in this way. I spent a lot of time doing this and getting the tweeter height and angle perfectly aligned.
The speakers shown at Mr. Atkinson are bi-wire able. The speakers can come either bi wire or
single wire. The ones in my showroom are single however Mr. Atkinson wanted Bi-wire so it was easier for him to run his tests I am told.
I see the picture with the jumpers and they are correct. You may want to put the speaker wires all on one side but this is how Oliver recommends doing it.
I invite any of you to come listen and you will see what this incredible speaker can do in my room.

Oliver Göbel

Industry Expert
Oct 9, 2017
Munich
www.goebel-highend.de
Hello altogether,

Many thanks again for your interest in our products, in our new reviews from the stereophile and hifistatement and for all your questions.

Please let me quickly answer a few major questions:

1.) Regarding the differences between our Divin Marquis and our Divin Noblesse.
We don’t use new technologies in our Divin Marquis. The Divin Marquis is a scaled-down version of the Divin Noblesse.
The Divin Marquis is using a smaller AMT. Therefore in order to bring the dispersion range to perfection - as we are only using one 8 inch midrange driver for the Divin Marquis - the wave guide in front of the AMT had to be adjusted with a different curve progression.
The 8 inch midrange driver is exactly the same as we use within the Divin Noblesse and the Divin Majestic.
The 12 inch woofer in the Divin Marquis is a 8 ohm version. Within the Divin Noblesse the 12 inch woofers are 16 ohm versions, as we connect both woofers of each Divin Noblesse in parallel.
The enclosure design, materials and the used technologies are similar but only scaled down.

2.) Regarding the bi-wiring jumpers:
Yes, this picture shows the usage of bi-wiring jumpers as we recommend. Hereby both ways are „seeing“ one jumper and one direct line in their signal path. Hereby the sound will be most homogeneous. As Elliot correctly pointed out, you have the choice, you can order the Divin Marquis with single-wiring terminals or with bi-wiring terminals.

3.) Regarding the toe in:
We always recommend to toe in the loudspeakers, so when you are sitting in the listening position sweet spot, the left loudspeaker should point on your left ear and the right loudspeaker should point on your right ear. Hereby you will get the most direct sound and the least reflection echo sound. Anyway, if you prefer a more spacious sound, or you want to adjust the setup to more than one sweet spot listening position, you of course can toe out the loudspeakers more. Just do as you prefer. Also the room and the room acoustic, as well as the loudspeaker positions and listening positions within the room plays hereby a big role.

I hope I was able to provide a few satisfying answers.

Enjoy listening to music,
Oliver

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Just for the record I personally am not a fan of bi-wiring. I like bi-amping particularly vertically bi-amping speakers with identical amplifiers. This however isn't required or even necessary but like many things in audio what's required really isn't the point or the end game. The speakers however are available both ways so that he client can literally have it the way he likes.

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
Vertical bi amping as in one amp drives left speaker bass /treble , another drives Right bass / treble ..

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
yes

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing