I have no idea what AE said nor claimed however I can tell you that they will be premiered at Axpona 2020 and then again at Munich in May and in LA in June.
If you have interest I suggest you take a listen for yourself. The Marquis is the smallest physically of all the speakers and is efficient at 92db. It can be used in many more rooms and spaces, its easier to set up and get peak performance and works with a wide variety of High quality power amplifiers. It can play loud too!
Visit Bending Wave USA in Exhibit Locations: Club Lounge at AXPONA, April 17 – 19, 2020 at the Renaissance Schaumburg Hotel & Convention Center – Schaumburg, IL!
You are invited to attend AXPONA with a 10% Discount on any Three-Day tickets. Simply visit https://www.axpona.com/ and use VIP Code AP13XN when registering. *
What does a Three-Day Ticket include?
Your ticket includes access to hundreds of exhibits including over 200 listening rooms, the Exhibit Hall featuring The Record Fair, the dedicated Ear Gear Experience, educational seminars, special events, live music and more!
Come audition the newest gear at the largest gathering of high-performance audio products in North America!
*The discount is for 3-Day Tickets only and does not apply to the Gold Pass or Student Pass. The discount is for new registrations, there are no refunds for those who have already registered and then receive the discount code.
AXPONA has been rescheduled from April 17-19 to August 7-9, 2020 out of concern for the health and safety of all participants due to the growing coronavirus situation. This decision was made following an outpouring of feedback from the AXPONA community over the last 72 hours.
The three most consistent themes we heard were, 1) fears of attending public events will increase in March and April, 2) AXPONA should still be held in 2020, and 3) reschedule later this year if possible. Although the Renaissance Schaumburg Hotel is booked solid all year, they offered us a week in August that will accommodate all of AXPONA's space needs. So we secured it.
We rescheduled out of an abundance of caution during this unpredictable time to provide the best opportunity for a well-attended event and to ensure the best AXPONA experience for all show goers in 2020. We will contact all exhibitors and attendees directly later this week as we work through the details of the move.
Our sole priority today is to communicate this news immediately so everyone can adjust their plans accordingly. We thank you for your understanding and we apologize for any inconvenience.
We look forward to seeing you all at AXPONA in August!
Here are some preliminary specs on the new speakers from Oliver.. They are scheduled to arrive mid to late April and the price will be 75000 euro a pair in standard finish. We will be showing them as soon as its humanly possible and hope that either Axpona or RMAF will be possible in 2020. Bending Wave will produce some video content when the speakers arrive and try to make this as interesting as possible. We also will be accepting orders for the initial speakers arriving and for future production.
We were able to transform the awesome sound qualities, the outstanding and unique technologies and design properties of the Divin series to a smaller foot print.
To name a few of the unique technologies and key design properties:
- We use the same world wide unique 8 inch midrange chassis, which is enhanced through our bending wave technology, as we use in the Divin Noblesse and in the big Divin Majestic.
- We use the world wide unique 12 inch long throw bass chassis in a 8 ohm version, as we use in the Divin Noblesse.
- We use a heavily modified AMT tweeter, coupled to a big wave guide, with a perfectly adjusted tractrix curve progression, milled out of full aluminum, as we use in the Divin Noblesse.
- We use a constraint layer damping enclosure construction with tropical room proof resin bounded enclosure material with kinetic mass damping on special locations of the enclosure, as we use in the Divin Noblesse.
- We use the same symmetrical bass reflex arrangement enclosure in order to minimize distortions as we use in the Divin Noblesse and in the big Divin Majestic.
- We use the ceramic foam coupled internal helmholz resonators in order to totally control internal enclosure resonances, as we use in the Divin Noblesse and the Divin Majestic.
- We use the same proprietary stainless steel feet, which perfectly couples the enclosure to the ground through big Siliciumnitrid ceramic balls of the highest quality, as we use in the Divin Noblesse and in the big Divin Majestic.
- The crossover parts are of course also top notch from Mundorf and Duelund with multiple in house epoxy resin vacuum impregnations, as we use in the Divin Noblesse and the big Divin Majestic.
- The time and phase behavior over the complete frequency response is excellent, as it is within the Divin Noblesse and the big Divin Majestic!
- We could achieve a high real sensitivity of 92 db / 1 W / 1m.
- Also the impedance behavior and electrical phase behavior is extremely even, so it can be controlled and driven by nearly any amplifier!
- For the best possible finish, we of course use the same real piano polyester lacquer highest grade made in Germany, as we use for the Divin Noblesse.
The technical specifications:
Principle: 3-Way, high sensitivity, symmetrical bass reflex loudspeaker
Driver: 1 pcs. Göbel® High End proprietary longthrow Bass chassis (12 inch), 1 pcs. Göbel® High End proprietary midrange chassis (8 inch), significantly improved Mundorf AMT with massive aluminum wave guide
Housing: Acoustically optimized, constraint layer damping, tropical room proof, resin bounded composite board with max. 75 mm thickness
Standard finish: Real piano lacquer black, aluminum parts in black ultra matt soft touch with silver colored high lights. Any finish is possible on customer request!
Sensitivity: 92 dB / 1W / 1m
Frequency response: 21 - 28.000 Hz (-3dB)
Impedance: 4 Ohm
Dimensions: 118 cm (H) x 41 cm (W) x 72 cm (D)
Weight: 150 kg without packaging
I have added a YouTube channel .We have recently purchased a new 4k camera and lighting and I am learning the process to make videos. The future will bring product videos like on the new speaker as soon as it arrives. We will also post some educational based videos on speaker set for example and interviews in the future with some Audio personalities as soon as the VIRUS lets us do these things. Please check it out and if you have any questions or comments please let us know and we will be happy to try to answer the questions or address the comments. The channel is under the Bending Wave USA name Stay safe