FTA (Final Touch Audio) Sinope USB cable

seatrope

Mar 9, 2017
@Kingsrule I agree with @LampiNA it may be worth swapping out your cable to see if that changes anything. I did also notice some flattening of the soundstage with the beta cable I had - but NOT at all with the final production version I received. I know because that's the first thing I checked for after burn in.
I've probably got 400 hours on it now and it continues to improve slightly although mostly stable now to my ears. Have not done a lot of critical listening over the holidays though, but still magnificent. I sat down last night to 'check the system' and got pulled into Jackie du Pre/Barbirolli's Elgar cello concerto. I tried to get up to go to bed a few times but kept sitting back down again and could not tear myself away. I know parts of it well but this is the first time I have been so drawn to listening to the whole thing in one sitting. :)

ctydwn

Aug 23, 2019
Sinope usb ordered. Very excited to compare FTA Sinope to Sablon Evo to Nordost Valhalla 2 usb soon. Any resolution to the issue @Kingsrule?

Reactions: christoph and jaxho

Golum

Jun 7, 2018
Lausanne, CH
On behalf of LampiNA where actually entire system is wired with FTA:

“A reminder of the exciting and unique presentation we will be putting on at the Florida Audio Expo as Tobian Sound Systems makes it North American debut alongside world debuts from LampizatOr (Horizon and Gulfstream) and Final Touch Audio (all new SiNOPE USB).

Those of you making it to the show will not want to miss this special and unique gathering of 'firsts' .” A1DA0DB5-68A9-489A-800D-AD4939867121.jpeg

thyname

Apr 22, 2019
N. Virginia
I bought the FTA SiNOPE USB cable a few weeks ago. It’s an outstanding cable! Definitely worth the asking price. Having said this, I also tried a few other USB cables side by side. I settled on another cable, albeit at double the price of the Sinope.

So if you need a Sinope at a great price, almost new, PM me. I am in US

Reactions: ctydwn

ctydwn

Aug 23, 2019
What impressed me most about the Sinope was how much above its weight it punches. It is an incredible cable for the $. I virtually could not hear a difference as compared to the Nordost Valhalla 2 USB that I have been using that is considerably more expensive. Perhaps the slightest edge to the V2 in my system. The Sinope is now with a new owner that replaced the Callisto with it. He is very happy with the additional improvements of the Sinope over the Callisto. And, in fact, he preferred the Callisto over the Valhalla 2 in his system. So, again, of course system dependent, but the Sinope flat out is very impressive and it could easily be my favorite usb cable.

Last edited:

CDC77

May 26, 2021
Chicago
www.cdcaruso.com
Thank you, Fred, for your gentle persuasion that I should try the Sinope USB to feed my Lampizator Pacific. We installed the Sinope last evening and immediately the music was richer, like adding pixels to the television screen. I am thinking the Sinope will be all warmed up and raring to go by the time my Horizon arrives this summer. I am counting the days.

divertiti

Jan 12, 2021
What impressed me most about the Sinope was how much above its weight it punches. It is an incredible cable for the $. I virtually could not hear a difference as compared to the Nordost Valhalla 2 USB that I have been using that is considerably more expensive. Perhaps the slightest edge to the V2 in my system. The Sinope is now with a new owner that replaced the Callisto with it. He is very happy with the additional improvements of the Sinope over the Callisto. And, in fact, he preferred the Callisto over the Valhalla 2 in his system. So, again, of course system dependent, but the Sinope flat out is very impressive and it could easily be my favorite usb cable.
Thanks for the report, did you ever get to compare the Sinope with the Sablon Evo?

Reactions: ctydwn

Golum

Jun 7, 2018
Lausanne, CH
As Sinope was part of the FTA cable loom in Lampi/Tobian/VAC room i believe its ok to place this here… BAFE8A5E-350C-40F1-98B5-97D0D10C8657.jpeg

PR13

Dec 15, 2019
UK
One thing I have learnt is to dismiss completely what anyone says on here about a cable or anything for that matter. Your system, your room, your musical taste, your confirmation bias no matter how much you try and deny otherwise.
I find it hilarious that cable x was the dog's one day, now apparently there is more richness, a greater soundstage, deeper this, that and the other. When will this nonsense cease. I'd put money on a blind A/B test and see which you of you can actually back up your claims.

Reactions: richard_crl032

Golum

Jun 7, 2018
Lausanne, CH
One thing I have learnt is to dismiss completely what anyone says on here about a cable or anything for that matter. Your system, your room, your musical taste, your confirmation bias no matter how much you try and deny otherwise.
So why spending your precious time reading and writing what others have to say regarding this matter in their rooms and systems?
Enjoy your system and don't overload your brain with nonsense then...

gfroman

Dec 28, 2012
I have both the FTA SInope USB and Ganymede XLR cables in my system.
They replaced my previous Wireworld Platinum Eclipse 8 cables.
Never looked back, I love them.

Rgt911

Jan 6, 2022
I bought the FTA SiNOPE USB cable a few weeks ago. It’s an outstanding cable! Definitely worth the asking price. Having said this, I also tried a few other USB cables side by side. I settled on another cable, albeit at double the price of the Sinope.

So if you need a Sinope at a great price, almost new, PM me. I am in US
Would you like the share the other brand you settled on?

LampiNA

Jun 30, 2015
Sure. SR Galileo SX USB
Interesting, and I suppose this is all system dependent... are you sure it was fully burned in? The SiNOPE takes a bit to settle, but I do have a customer who actually replaced that USB with a Callisto offering the following comparo:

"Hi Fred,

The FTA cable is more organic, and presents more fleshed out images compared to the SR cable. I have also noticed stronger and more tuneful bass, and a better midrange. Very happy with the purchase. I recommend anyone to give it a try.

Cheers,
K"

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
Goran has kindly sent me an FTA Sinope USB cable to try out and I really like the Sinope clearly better than my beloved FTA Callisto USB cables :oops:

The Sinope is even more transparent than the already very good Callisto and offers even more resolution that let's me dig deeper into the music.

This is without sounding overanalytical.
The Sinope sounds very spacious and palpable, even more so than the Callisto.

If you are offered a Sinope for trial, be prepared that you might not want to send it back. I bought the review Sinope right away ;)

Oh my, I have 4 sets of Callisto USB cables for all my systems/DACs :eek:

Golum

Jun 7, 2018
Lausanne, CH
  • Love
Reactions: christoph

richard_crl032

Sep 10, 2019
Singapore
Interested but why am I reading both cases of Callisto and Sinope failing in 1st units and then reportedly brilliant in 2nd units and no concern or findings share to with someone interested ? Poor QC and no measurements ? Cheers.

Golum

Jun 7, 2018
Lausanne, CH
I really don’t have a clue where this is coming from as you’re reading something very wrongly.
We have hundreds od Callistos around the globe and quite a few dozens of Sinope working for years without an issue. Christiaan himself is the biggest “torturer” of cables as he’s swapping them non stop and both cables with him zero issues.
Were there sporadic problems? Yes, and each single customer got a replacement one without questions asked..

Last edited:

richard_crl032

Sep 10, 2019
Singapore
I really don’t have a clue where this is coming from as you’re reading very wrongly.
We have hundreda od Callistos around the globe and quite a few dozens of Sinope working for years withiut an issue. Christiaan himself is the biggest “torturer” of cables as he’s swapping them non stop and both cables with him zero issues.
Were there sporadic problems? Yes, and each single customer got a replacement one without questions asked..
Hi Golum,

With apology if I had somehow misread.

Maybe beta or initial samples but I was concerned with the threads per enclosed and have no wish to wonder if I am getting the "ok" version that have all these years' of excellent reviews ... by both professional as well as users in forums.

As mentioned, I am interest for Callisto 5v hot version to see how it compares with the Oyaide Continental 5S albiet 2-3x. It is to connect my oladra upgraded Antipodes cx/ex stack with Mundorf upgraded Denafrip Terminator Plus.

Cheers.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220512-181859_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220512-181859_Chrome.jpg
    499.7 KB · Views: 23
  • Screenshot_20220512-182240_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220512-182240_Chrome.jpg
    467.1 KB · Views: 23
  • Screenshot_20220512-183217_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20220512-183217_Drive.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 22

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing