FTA (Final Touch Audio) Sinope USB cable

LampiNA

Jun 30, 2015
ORGANZATIONAL CHANGE ANNOUCEMENT

Effective immediately, Destination Sound Group (a/k/a/ LampizatOr North America) will be taking over global sales and distribution for all Final Touch Audio Products.

Please feel free to reach out to us directly for all purchases and sales related questions, regardless of territory.

We look forward to continuing to provide these fabulous cables in our portfolio of products.

Best,

Fred A.

1667574954583.png

Reactions: shadowlight

KrellFan1

Mar 15, 2023
Phoenix, AZ
Thanks for the report, did you ever get to compare the Sinope with the Sablon Evo?
HI guys; new to this forum and have interest in either the FTA Sinope or the Sabron EVO cable. Has anyone been able to make a comparison between the two cables? Thx!

Anyoldears

May 31, 2023
HI guys; new to this forum and have interest in either the FTA Sinope or the Sabron EVO cable. Has anyone been able to make a comparison between the two cables? Thx!
I'll have the answer for you in about 2 weeks....

ctydwn

Aug 23, 2019
Checking back in here. Mentioned previously the Sinope and Valhalla 2 sounded virtually identical. Which says alot about the Sinope at a ~third the price.

Re: the Sablon Evo, so it was a close call for me, in my system. If I didn’t already own the valhalla 2 usb 2 meter and having just heard the Sinope, I would have gladly gone w the Evo. After a few 2 hour sessions, I listened to a variety of guitar/violla/cello tracks. a/b/a. While the evo gave a bit of additional weight. It softened the leading edges. Everyone has their own preferences, for me I really like that initial attack and thrill of hand across the strings.

On the flip side, the Evo packed a bit more punch in the lower frequencies and maybe filled out vocals in a more natural way. But again, splitting hairs again my system, I lost some of the bass texture in a few songs that I love. I wish I could have spent another week to really understand the sonic characteristics across different times of the day, moods, etc. But it was a free demo cable that needed to move on.

So for me, especially perhaps as a counterfoil to the tube Pacific DAC at the time, I liked the Nordost leading edge better (similar to the Sinope).

KrellFan1

Mar 15, 2023
Phoenix, AZ
Checking back in here. Mentioned previously the Sinope and Valhalla 2 sounded virtually identical. Which says alot about the Sinope at a ~third the price.

Re: the Sablon Evo, so it was a close call for me, in my system. If I didn’t already own the valhalla 2 usb 2 meter and having just heard the Sinope, I would have gladly gone w the Evo. After a few 2 hour sessions, I listened to a variety of guitar/violla/cello tracks. a/b/a. While the evo gave a bit of additional weight. It softened the leading edges. Everyone has their own preferences, for me I really like that initial attack and thrill of hand across the strings.

On the flip side, the Evo packed a bit more punch in the lower frequencies and maybe filled out vocals in a more natural way. But again, splitting hairs again my system, I lost some of the bass texture in a few songs that I love. I wish I could have spent another week to really understand the sonic characteristics across different times of the day, moods, etc. But it was a free demo cable that needed to move on.

So for me, especially perhaps as a counterfoil to the tube Pacific DAC at the time, I liked the Nordost leading edge better (similar to the Sinope).
Thanks for the update and much appreciated. I spoke with the importer for Sinope /Final Touch and they were unwilling to provide me a demo or trial period. In other words, it was a matter of “you buy it you own it.” Not even two weeks, so based on reviews, I opted to proceed with my purchase of the Sablon Evo. Mark was a pleasure to work with and was very responsive to the emails I sent. The cable took quite a while to break in as in between 150 and 200 hours. Having moved up from the Nordost Heimdall2 I can report that I am more than a little satisfied. It was a giant leap forward relative to my Nordost experience. Not as bright around the edges, but clearly a more natural and immersive sound stage that appeared to be a more realistic expression of the music. As you say, both very good, and at the end of the day, I think it comes down to a matter of one’s system and personal preference.

Golum

Jun 7, 2018
Lausanne, CH
If anyone is interested:

Reactions: dgale

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing