Few DIY projects

Jan 5, 2017
Bulgaria-Sofia
Clarification, this is a polyurethane primer, I will be make veneer on the on cabinet's with "Birds of Maple".
The first home tests are good.
My current surround speakers of " Technics" CA-10 with a good sound from 1997, they are sadly retreated himself ...

Attachments

Jan 5, 2017
Bulgaria-Sofia
After the measurements, this is are Technical data:
Frequence Range; 33-25000 Hz
Long term Max Power; 200 W
Crossover Frequency; 2800 Hz
Impedance; 4 Ohms
Sensitivity; 90 db SPL
Cabinet Volume; 31 L
Gross weight / without stand /; 27kg.

This is the project of the rear speakers, will finish it with "Bird's eye view". There will be a sequel ...sometime..

Joro Raitchev
Sofia- Bulgaria

Jan 5, 2017
Bulgaria-Sofia
A very underestimated moment - work with multilayer MDF!

There's still a lot of work on the stands.
I show you a few pictures of the front speaker bases, the rear speaker stands will look like the same;Always been a problem with the MDF, especially when we have a multilayer construction. Over time, individual parts are beginning to show up - all of this is the result of improper processing. Soon I will show you how to deal with this problem.

Always been a problem with the MDF, especially when we have a multilayer construction. Over time, individual parts are beginning to show up - all of this is the result of improper processing. Soon I will show you how to deal with this problem.

Attachments

DaveC

[Industry Expert]
Nov 16, 2014
Your woodworking is awesome! Thanks for posting! :)

I've only done simple 2-D veneering, that looks like a challenge...

Jan 5, 2017
Bulgaria-Sofia
A very underestimated moment - work with multilayer MDF!

There's still a lot of work on the stands.
I show you a few pictures of the front speaker bases, the rear speaker stands will look like the same;Always been a problem with the MDF, especially when we have a multilayer construction. Over time, individual parts are beginning to show up - all of this is the result of improper processing. Soon I will show you how to deal with this problem.

Always been a problem with the MDF, especially when we have a multilayer construction. Over time, individual parts are beginning to show up - all of this is the result of improper processing. Soon I will show you how to deal with this problem.
I show you a German site, that offers such "DIY loudspeakers -cabinet " and please, for your attention, they want money for such a product;

Attachments

About us

• Founded in 2010 What's Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing