Favorite jazz albums 2018

Migo

Aug 10, 2013
Please recommend your favorite new purchases as time goes by here in 2018.

Sound Liaison has released another DXD recording in their live in the studio series.

Very well performed music. The band explores the music of Armstrong refreshingly but also with respect. My favorite tracks are ''Big Butter and Egg Man'' and
St. Louis Blues''
The SQ is superb as always with the Sound Liaison downloads.

https://www.soundliaison.com/

Simon Moon

Apr 24, 2015
I am really enjoying the new Mathias Eick recording on ECM, "Ravensburg".

Love the sound of Mathias' trumpet soaring over the rest of the band. Especially Hakon Aase's violin.

Reactions: APP and hogen

marty

Apr 20, 2010
United States
Not a new album but a spectacular one and one of the greatest jazz albums of all time.

Art Blakey's "Album of the Year". Wow. Recorded in 1981 in Paris featuring a young trumpet phenom by the name of Wynton Marsalis and an all-star cast.

61CBdrdTU7L._AC_US218_.jpg

Reactions: APP

Kefas

May 21, 2014
Very different albums but both are immensely enjoyable and with astonishing SQ.
I am really enjoying the new Mathias Eick recording on ECM, "Ravensburg".

Love the sound of Mathias' trumpet soaring over the rest of the band. Especially Hakon Aase's violin.

Please recommend your favorite new purchases as time goes by here in 2018.

Sound Liaison has released another DXD recording in their live in the studio series.

Very well performed music. The band explores the music of Armstrong refreshingly but also with respect. My favorite tracks are ''Big Butter and Egg Man'' and
St. Louis Blues''
The SQ is superb as always with the Sound Liaison downloads.

https://www.soundliaison.com/

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
I nominate For Duke.

jazdoc

Member Sponsor
Aug 7, 2010
Bellevue
Brad Mehldau "Seymour Reads The Constitution"
David Murray "Blues For Memo"
Eddie Henderson "Be Cool"
Bad Plus "Never Stop II"
Alfredo Rodriguez "The Little Dream"
Joe Lovano & Dave Douglas "Scandal"

Reactions: APP

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA

APP

Oct 1, 2014
Here is a NEW Ellington release DUKE ELLINGTON – HEADING FOR NEWPORT 1956 - Ann Arbor concert 2 juli 1956 ;

APP

Oct 1, 2014
I'm enjoying the new DXD release here immensely.
TETTERO Plays Eddie Harris & Les McCann
Folker Tettero, guitarist in the band of Carmen Gomes, has funkyfied a great selection of Les McCann and Eddie Harris tunes and the whole thing is splendidly recorded by Frans de Rond.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing