Favorite English Breakfast Tea?

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Unfortunately the guy who owned Chateau Rouge in England -- Sean -- went out of business during the pandemic lock-down triggered by the likely Wuhan lab leak. By that time I was purchasing tea from him directly, rather than via Amazon.com.

Once he retrieved his remaining tea bag inventory from Amazon.com, he sold the entire inventory to me. So I have about 40 packages of NOS Breakfast Blend No. 27.

Last edited:

Rexp

Aug 31, 2022
Try this, like yours it has tea from Rwanda:

exupgh12

Jul 30, 2019
Ron,

next time when in Munich try Dallmyar, the store s in the old center, near the main cathedral. They have great tea department, I can only recommend their products, may it be tea, coffee, chocolate or other food.

Joesteve531

Apr 16, 2024
Charleston, South Carolina USA
Hi Rob,

Thanks a lot for the recommendation of Dammann Freres The Noir Breakfast black tea. I just ordered 100g of loose leaf along with my 3 current favorite breakfast teas, Mariage Freres Marco Polo, Bolero, and Earl Grey (basic I know), and I can’t wait to try it! Have you considered replicating your long lost No.27 blend yourself? I’d certainly be up for a trip to the country of origin of these tea leaves (China?) and I have no doubt that we could find a way to recreate the process in what you believe to be the world’s best breakfast tea.

Cheers,
Stephen

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
LHave you considered replicating your long lost No.27 blend yourself?
Hello Stephen,

No; that never occurred to me. And I don't know the blend that Sean used to use.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing