Doctor's Orders-Part Two-The New Listening Room Of Steve Williams

Sam, I will have to give you a call, would like to hear the new X-over.

Yes, of course! I'm fine-tuning the XVR-1. As Nelson states in the XVR-1 manual, "The XVR1 is probably the most flexible electronic crossover in existence. It has literally millions of possible settings, most of which you will never want, but they are available just in case." Let me know if Andre is interested in cruising by, too. :cool:

Very different, despite both being ribbons. Dalis have an even bigger soundstage, but need a bigger room than the Omegas, probably like the Amphis. Dalis require biamping with identical amps, so experimenting with different amps will be tougher than with Analysis. Analysis have only one crossover, while Dalis have more. Both can have external crossovers that can lead to a change in sound from set up to set up.

Albert Porter owned the Dali Megalines's for a long time, by-amping them with two pairs of VTL MB750's. We can find a lot of information about such system in his system thread at Audiogon. As far as I remember he asked someone to build a custom tube active filter for his system, as he found the original solid state filter limited the performance of the speaker.

There is currently a pair of Megaline III's being offered for sale in the UK at a ridiculous low price - if I was starting assembling a system for a large room, I would consider it seriously!

Albert Porter owned the Dali Megalines's for a long time, by-amping them with two pairs of VTL MB750's. We can find a lot of information about such system in his system thread at Audiogon. As far as I remember he asked someone to build a custom tube active filter for his system, as he found the original solid state filter limited the performance of the speaker.

There is currently a pair of Megaline III's being offered for sale in the UK at a ridiculous low price - if I was starting assembling a system for a large room, I would consider it seriously!

His crossover was done by Tom Tutay - btw that price is much higher than the standard used price

His crossover was done by Tom Tutay - btw that price is much higher than the standard used price

Well, I considered GBP 8000 a good price ... It is less than 18 pound per pound ... ;)

so new WAMM it is ;)

I just asked since the Alexx seems to incorporate a lot of new technology and supercede even the XLF in certain ways. In fact, I'm curious if folks have heard both what they think.

Bruce Brown just bought an Alexx

Well, I considered GBP 8000 a good price ... It is less than 18 pound per pound ... ;)

Oh ok I thought you were referring to one selling at 13k GBP - yes 8k is a good price.

I heard test pressings of this album at Philip O'Hanlon's house several weeks ago and did the preorder which arrived a few days ago. Sonically it is superb and much better than her first album. This has all Led Zep covers and is superb

Highly recommended

Available as a 3 record album in 180 Gm at 45 rpm

I understand there will be only 2000 copies sold

IMG_4528.jpg

I heard test pressings of this album at Philip O'Hanlon's house several weeks ago and did the preorder which arrived a few days ago. Sonically it is superb and much better than her first album.

I hear a lot of her songs in audiophile gear demos on Youtube.

I heard test pressings of this album at Philip O'Hanlon's house several weeks ago and did the preorder which arrived a few days ago. Sonically it is superb and much better than her first album. This has all Led Zep covers and is superb

Highly recommended

Available as a 3 record album in 180 Gm at 45 rpm

I understand there will be only 2000 copies sold

View attachment 27062

Agree. Looking forward to my second listen of this release.

Lol the real Bonzo rolling in his grave laughing.

I might have to buy this

Thanks to Gary Koh I had the real Anne Bisson in my house sitting in the sweetspot in my sound room listening to a signed tape of her album Blue Mind and commenting about what she is hearing to a crowd of the who's who in the audio industry stuffed into my little room last night. How great was that? Thanks Gary and Anne

THAT is cool, Steve! :D

Tom

a wonderful evening indeed with some of the following crammed into my little music room with my wife and I
Gary Koh and Anne Bisson
Ron Resnick
Bruce Brown and his wife
Albert Porter
Joe Lavrencik and his wife (Critical Mass Systems)
Steve McCormick
Philip O'Hanlon and his wife
Dominic (research and development at Merging Technologies) and his wife

A huge shout out to Lori Lieberman. For those who were visiting THE Show in Newport yesterday and were lucky enough to see Lori perform with her band in the Pavilion of the hotel yesterday afternoon were treated to a spectacular performance with songs from her repertoire as well as songs from her newly released album while she and Joe were hearing news alerts about the fires in Calabasas and all the time maintained her equanimity. We all loved your performance and I look forward to purchasing your new record. Kudos once again.

Lori and Joe were to have attended last evening but right after her performance left for their home to make sure they didn't have to evacuate

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing