Derainer

Industry Expert, VIP Donor
Apr 23, 2011
Germany
www.dereneville.de
Yes, sir,
the other two posts can be used for two more rotary tonearms.

The tonearms are maintenance free - all materials are industry approved - no toys.

Of course I offer the personal delivery and the installation as well as the perfect calibration.
I attach great importance to personal care. I also give the customer a complete briefing.

Here are two rough pictures of the prototype - but still without "life" inside.
The software is still in development. The keys still have to be labeled.

P1170328.JPG

DSC03803.JPG

Thanks, Rainer

Last edited:

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Yes, sir,

The tonearms are maintenance free - all materials are industry approved - no toys.

Of course I offer the personal delivery and the installation as well as the perfect calibration.
I attach great importance to personal care. I also give the customer a complete briefing.

View attachment 56325

View attachment 56326

Thanks, Rainer
Thank you sir. One more question. Is the switching of cart independent of your initial arm setup? ..in case the owner want to switch cart easy peasy.

Kind regards,
Tang

marty

Apr 20, 2010
United States
Yes, sir,

View attachment 56325

View attachment 56326

Thanks, Rainer

Are you ready to drop the bomb, Rainer? What is the planned retail price of this beautiful instrument?

Reactions: christoph

Derainer

Apr 23, 2011
Germany
www.dereneville.de
Dear Tang,

Changing the pickup is independent. But it is not quite as easy as with the SME System coupling.
It is not a quick-change system. But it can be done by the customer himself - after the briefing.

A quick change is only possible if the customer has a second arm tube with bearings and counterweights.
This is due to the special contacts that transmit the sound signal. These are contacts from medical technology.
They have 32 (very expensive) gold plated contact surfaces per socket. As you can see here:

DSC03682.JPG

Kind regards, Rainer

Derainer

Apr 23, 2011
Germany
www.dereneville.de
Are you ready to drop the bomb, Rainer? What is the planned retail price of this beautiful instrument?
Hi Marty,
The retail price has not yet been finally determined. It will be around 30.000 € incl. tax.
Same price as the "bigger one" linear tracker is.

Thanks, Rainer

Reactions: christoph

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Hi Marty,
The retail price has not yet been finally determined. It will be around 30.000 € incl. tax.

Thanks, Rainer
You are a crazy wise man.

Kind regards,
Tang

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
Hi tang
Tonight you don’t sleep thinking which cart put as you have all the top best

marty

Apr 20, 2010
United States
30.000 € incl. tax
But surely there will be a group discount for WBF members, right? :)
There are even some members who alone, will probably buy 3 for their personal table (you know who you are!).
In fact, I'll bet that if you slap an "SME" sticker on it, there are other members who might even buy one!!o_O (with apologies Rainer, that's an insider joke to regular readers of the WBF)

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
Hi dear Marty,
how are you?
Hope all ok!!!!

You are the first of the group?

Ciao
Gian

jeromelang

Dec 26, 2011
I love linear scanning.

Finally had mine set up again after 4 months hiatus

marty

Apr 20, 2010
United States
Hi dear Marty,
how are you?
Hope all ok!!!!

You are the first of the group?

Ciao
Gian

Gian,
Good one! Perhaps when my ship comes in. But as far as I know, that ship is circling the ocean waters somewhere and has no plans to dock in the near future!
Marty

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Hi Marty,

Thanks, Rainer

Can you tell us what is the full weight of the tonearm system?

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
I can't see DDK docking his ship in this particular port.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing