DaVa FC-A1 a field coil contender

Mine is slightly different.

DPgMoXB_d.webp

The SPU version is the heaviest of the 3 and employs the most ebony and brass. As far as its voice, the SPU has the greatest range, dynamics, soundstage and tonal balance.
Are the Tzar carts still available out of Russia?

I am interested in this cartridge. I have the OMA Anatase with Schroder TA. I now have the option of adding another tonearm. Should I add the DaVa to the Schroeder or get another arm. What would best complement this cartridge?

I am interested in this cartridge. I have the OMA Anatase with Schroder TA. I now have the option of adding another tonearm. Should I add the DaVa to the Schroeder or get another arm. What would best complement this cartridge?
As great as your Schroder is, I think it is the wrong choice for the DAVA. The DAVA is 26 grams so, I don't believe the Schroder's effective mass is high enough to compliment the DAVA. I would ask Frank his opinion.

I already have the Schroder tonearm. I am not sure I want another Schroder arm. I prefer to get the tonearm that will work best with the DaVa unless my Schroder BA will fit the bill.

I already have the Schroder tonearm. I am not sure I want another Schroder arm. I prefer to get the tonearm that will work best with the DaVa unless my Schroder BA will fit the bill.
Got it! I have a couple Glanz MH-1200S tonearms. They work perfectly for high compliance cartridges and seem to be a great match to the DAVA, Tzar SPU DST and my Ortofon SPU collection.

Anything that you could beat an Orc to death with should be just fine …. Viz FR64S or FR66S

Last edited:
Reactions: svenjosh

You should query Darius. He could probably provide a list of many different tonearms that have successfully been matched with the various DaVas. The cartridge weight is one major factor.

I had an Acoustical Systems Aquilar--a great tonearm--but it didn't play nicely with the DaVa, even though I had all the necessary bits to deal with the cartridge weight. There was added distortion on some records. Currently I am using a Viv Labs arm, and I am not the first to do so with the DaVa. I am using it with a pod supplied by Mike at Sierra Sounds, the US importer for Viv Lab. The pod is smartly designed, and makes adjustments to the Viv Lab much easier--the bete noire of that tonearm. The Viv Labs arm really sings with the DaVa on it.

that’s a nice system with the Devore. Guess you have space around them?

You should query Darius. He could probably provide a list of many different tonearms that have successfully been matched with the various DaVas. The cartridge weight is one major factor.

I had an Acoustical Systems Aquilar--a great tonearm--but it didn't play nicely with the DaVa, even though I had all the necessary bits to deal with the cartridge weight. There was added distortion on some records. Currently I am using a Viv Labs arm, and I am not the first to do so with the DaVa. I am using it with a pod supplied by Mike at Sierra Sounds, the US importer for Viv Lab. The pod is smartly designed, and makes adjustments to the Viv Lab much easier--the bete noire of that tonearm. The Viv Labs arm really sings with the DaVa on it.
I always thought acoustical systems was a meh arm as well their Palladian cart. But interesting to know Viv can manage Dava.

I reached out to Darius.

Reactions: High Water Sound
that’s a nice system with the Devore. Guess you have space around them?
Thank you! Yes, 8 feet to the back wall and 5 feet to the side wall.

Reactions: bonzo75
At last the EMT 997 Banana AB ( Alfred Bokrand ) black edition is mounted on the 927! Wow!
Alfred has made it possible to swap between DaVa ( why ?? ) and ”normal” SME type cartridge. It sounds amazing. Great combo!

Attachments

• 6DCAA624-9721-48BA-AD28-89E6F399DA1C.jpeg
    6DCAA624-9721-48BA-AD28-89E6F399DA1C.jpeg
    700.3 KB · Views: 52
  • 37B6ACFF-2014-413B-8BFC-44C11278C03A.jpeg
    37B6ACFF-2014-413B-8BFC-44C11278C03A.jpeg
    596.5 KB · Views: 51
  • 5D7AF8C5-E9BA-4BCF-A5E9-B9DB916BFABC.jpeg
    5D7AF8C5-E9BA-4BCF-A5E9-B9DB916BFABC.jpeg
    530.6 KB · Views: 51
At last the EMT 997 Banana AB ( Alfred Bokrand ) black edition is mounted on the 927! Wow!
Alfred has made it possible to swap between DaVa ( why ?? ) and ”normal” SME type cartridge. It sounds amazing. Great combo!

How is this comparing to your other arms

How is this comparing to your other arms
Compared to the Ortofon Banana 12-inch this arm uses a spring to adjust the needle pressure and I think it sounds more transparent and extended in both ends.
Alfred claims the black color reduces resonances better.

Reactions: bonzo75
IMG_5847.jpeg

DaVa is here after a, punctual!, 6 months wait.
Had issues with the first batch, possibly due to a mishap on my end.
Got the full service from Darius. Extremely communicative and helpful. Wonderful customer service.

Now breaking-in, and sounding very promising from the first notes on my JN Lenco with the Ikeda.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing