Current Concerts

Robh3606

Aug 24, 2010
Destiny
Just wondering how many of you still go to the big venue shows?? I was at the Nassau Coliseum last week to see Roger Waters perform The Wall. I saw the original show there 30 years ago. Talk about a blast from the past! So what's the deal?? Any of you still going to see your favorite bands from 30 years ago?? Anyone else see The Wall??

Rob:)

naturephoto1

May 24, 2010
Breinigsville, PA
www.nelridge.com
I saw Yes perform with Asia twice last year. But, they are no longer playing the really large venues anymore. I saw them at Musikfest in Bethlehem, PA. and also near Philadelphia. I also saw Crosby, Stills, and Nash at the PNC Center in NJ, and Ian Anderson at the Beacon Theater in NYC.

Rich

Ron Party

WBF Founding Member
Apr 30, 2010
Oakland, CA
I go to between 20 - 30 concerts a year, but rarely do I go to the big venues any more. Generally speaking, the artists playing in the big venues are artists I've already seen at least once and most of the time more than once. Since that is the case, I just can't rationalize paying the exorbitant prices being charged these days for the big venues. For the price of a good seat to see Roger Waters and his band performing The Wall at the basketball arena here (which is the same place where the Warriors play), I can see several other artists at smaller, more intimate venues, and throw in the bar tab to boot. Heck, the exorbitant *service fee* for a Paul McCartney ticket at Pac Bell Park (where the S.F. Giants play) is more than I paid to sit front row center, literally 6 feet from the stage, just this past summer for 3 excellent guitar god blues shows: Walter Trout, Tinsley Ellis and Coco Montoya.

At this point in my life, given that I've seen well over 400 concerts, I can probably count on the fingers of just one of my hands the artists I'd be willing to pay $250 + service fee to see. It would take a miracle for any of these things to happen, though. Thinking out loud, if John and George, Jimi, or Jim Morrison rose from the grave, or if we had a true Genesis reunion, I'd be there for sure.

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Same here. The prices are just too exhorbitant to justify an attendence. Besides, I've seen most everyone that I have an interest in. The last concert I was at was to see Bob Dylan at the ACC in Toronto a few years back. Live music for me consists of going to the various Jazz/Blues Festivals in Toronto during the summer.

John

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Man, you guys are making me sick with envy. The acts that swing by here are artists so past their prime, their canes and hairpieces are superglued to their hands and scalps.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing