American Sound, "The Absolute Nothing"

You've been asking a lot of questions...
I was only joking. If people wanted to hold everyone feet to the fire over whether they have a gain or not, there would be nothing to discuss.
And besides, till analog can beat digital, why buy a TT.:)

• Haha
Reactions: mxk116
Thanks @PeterA for sharing info about new AN turntable. After reading 9 pages of this thread and others related with this one I ended up with one conclusion:

If you write in an authoritative, confident way in threads and end all arguments by condescending others with a commanding tone (SME 3012R is the best) instead of reasonably and technically explaining why then you have followers. If you have resources to add certain products to your résumé and spent enough time together you can even write more confidently and get followers looking for a guide even after you left the forum. And the outcome is; you can sell your products!

I believe ddk thinks the 3012 is "his" best recommendation. I don't bellieve Peter stated that it was "his" best. Or maybe I am wrong or you misinterpreted Peter's posts.

What products is Peter specifically selling? Certainly not 12 units of an uber expensive, custom ordered, one of a kind turntable with a world wide market for unique audio products. But maybe you interpret his comments that way.

Finally, I wonder why ddk jumped off the WBF ship. Probably because he found this forum too friendly, respectful and non judgemental.

Last edited:
Reactions: tima
No problem. I always try to give credit where credit is due.

OMA vs AS , contact Dana make it happen..!

:)

The Absolute Nothing should be heard in the context of some other flagship turntables like the Air Force Zero, Esoteric and Nagra, but such comparisons rarely happen. I wonder what Michael Fremer would think. Very few of the AS2000s were ever heard before they were sold. Mine may be the only one actually. I suspect the same will be the case here.

It's very pretty - and it plays records as well. Reminds me of one of my favourite concert halls.
Screenshot 2024-04-24 at 15.07.00.png

Maybe he found it’s not all fans but some questioners.
One explanation but he knew that going in and has years of hstory with WBF. The more likely scenario is that encounters occurred that precipitated his departure. But, like you, this is pure speculation on my part based on posts I've seen.

Reactions: PeterA
Its pretty obvious why DDK left. Or should we say, was told to restrain himself and decided he could not.

Reactions: Argonaut
And the names of the specific Proxies are? And what exactly is easy?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing