CS Port LFT1 turntable added to the system

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
it's Sunday morning, the sun is out, and i'm doing my morning Baroque thing.........feel good make you smile music. today it's a favorite Telefunken Bach box set by Concentus Musicus, the Brandenburg Concertos.

i posted about this one last November in this same thread when i first got the CS Port.

https://www.whatsbestforum.com/thre...-added-to-the-system.29451/page-7#post-610162

now 10 months later i've upgraded the cartridge, the cables, and added the EMIA SUT's.:cool:

it's now a lot better. the bass and presence is now on another planet, and there are now textures inside of textures and nuance inside of nuance. like looking at a 8k picture of the universe. depth and dimensional shadings galore. this music and recording provides information to be uncovered.
I don’t know what you drank for breakfast Mike, but i want some too :p

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
@Mike Lavigne does your CS Port right-side arm base allow for the addition of a second tonearm? Or is your table configuration limited to single-arm?

Thanks!

yes; my plinth configuration does allow for two arm boards; one of which can be the CS Port linear tracker. the arm mount tapped mounting screw holes are there.

https://www.csport.audio/products/products-tat1-en.html

if you choose to use the linear tracker stand alone base; then you can only use the one linear tracking arm since the base would conflict with the second arm board. for instance i could add another arm by converting my linear tracker to an arm board mount from the stand alone arm base.

1602006558509.png

bazelio

Sep 26, 2016
California
Yeah, I've seen the cantlievered approach, and was wondering if your armbase could support a second mount. The question becomes how much of a compromise the cantilevered boards are versus the solid base you're using.

Mike Lavigne

Apr 25, 2010
Yeah, I've seen the cantlievered approach, and was wondering if your armbase could support a second mount. The question becomes how much of a compromise the cantilevered boards are versus the solid base you're using.

now that i'm home i've eyeballed the separate arm base for the potential of a second arm mounting spot. it appears that the arm base has a solid granite top plate likely close to an inch thick. not sure the process for tapping it; might need a stainless jacket of some sort to hold arm base screws. i'd say it's possible, but not certain how long an arm would be needed. i would recommend consulting with either Mik or CS Port directly about it. i'm guessing Mik has overcome much more daunting mounting dilemmas than this one. as i recall i did venture this idea with Mik at some point and he dismissed it.

but a clever guy like you, and Mik, thinking it over 'together'.........maybe it could be done.

Reactions: bazelio

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
So the CS Port would take another Etsuro Gold, but on a different arm? One of yr mono carts? Something altogether different?

If you don't mind me making a suggestion, I've heard both the SAEC507 12" arm and DaVa field coil cart, albeit in different systems, and both are superb.

Mike Lavigne

Apr 25, 2010
So the CS Port would take another Etsuro Gold, but on a different arm? One of yr mono carts? Something altogether different?

If you don't mind me making a suggestion, I've heard both the SAEC507 12" arm and DaVa field coil cart, albeit in different systems, and both are superb.

would it matter if i minded?:rolleyes:

not that i do.

be clear my comments are for Brian, i have no intention of adding another arm to my CS Port. and were i to add an arm 'somewhere'.....'anywhere'......it would more than likely be another Durand Tosca......the best arm i have heard. but i have no such plans. i have all the arms and tt's i need.

i'm in my adding and enjoying media phase.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
I can just FEEL your raised eyebrow, Mike.

Mike Lavigne

Apr 25, 2010
it's Sunday morning......again.......and i'm visiting an old friend 2 years later......

but this time the CS Port LFT1 is armed with the Etsuro Gold, the LFD phono cable, plus the EMIA silver wound SUT. Bach has never sounded so sweet!

Woah Nellie!!! delicious. :p

i love this record.

Jan 18, 2012
Drobak Norway
it's Sunday morning......again.......and i'm visiting an old friend 2 years later......

but this time the CS Port LFT1 is armed with the Etsuro Gold, the LFD phono cable, plus the EMIA silver wound SUT. Bach has never sounded so sweet!

Woah Nellie!!! delicious. :p

i love this record.
why don´t you pick up the DaVa fieldcoil cart in here and find out what the fuzz is all about?
I´m confident you won´t regret it

sry saw it was gone now....
best
Leif

Mike Lavigne

Apr 25, 2010
why don´t you pick up the DaVa fieldcoil cart in here and find out what the fuzz is all about?
I´m confident you won´t regret it

sry saw it was gone now....
best
Leif
thanks for the nudge......

if i'm thinking acquisition again it will be a strong thought. just kicking back, in cruise mode, and doing music. might be here awhile. :cool:

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London

Phantom-Audio

Apr 23, 2017
Jakarta
www.phantom-audio.com
Got my CSport LFT I Must say its refined sweet sound is mesmerizing.

ationg

Aug 7, 2016
Hi Mike,
Could you share your opinions about the CSPort phono stage? , and whether you have tried other phono stages with the LFT1?
Regards
Alec

dcc

VIP/Donor
Nov 4, 2012
Continental Europe -
Hi Mike,
Could you share your opinions about the CSPort phono stage? , and whether you have tried other phono stages with the LFT1?
Regards
Alec
I compared the CSPort phono stage against 4 other phono stages and I was quite impressed. Since this comparative listening took place, I swapped the Brinkmann Balance TT for a CSPort TAT1 and I also acquired the Phasemation EA-2000 phono stage.

https://www.whatsbestforum.com/thre...aring-5-phono-stages-in-my-home-system.34341/

Reactions: XV-1 and ationg

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
I'm curious...
How does the CS Port LFT compare to the J Sikora Reference Line table?
Which is your favorite arm and cartridge on the J Sikora Reference Line table?

Thank you and best wishes,
Don

You are asking the designer of Graham what’s his favourite arm

Phantom-Audio

Apr 23, 2017
Jakarta
www.phantom-audio.com
I'm curious...
How does the CS Port LFT compare to the J Sikora Reference Line table?
Which is your favorite arm and cartridge on the J Sikora Reference Line table?

Thank you and best wishes,
Don
Both CSport and J.Sikora, in my opinion, are excellent turntables.

In my observation, the J.Sikora has precise start and stop capabilities, and when used with the AnalogMagik Software, it maintains speed stability with a tighter tolerance compared to the CSport motor. J.Sikora appears more authoritative, and its bass and mid-bass delivery are particularly impressive, akin to the way my Technics SP10 performs but with a more musically pleasing sound. On the other hand, I found the SP10R to sound a bit too aggressive.

Furthermore, J.Sikora stands out as an exceptionally quiet turntable that doesn't require additional equipment like airpumps or clamp systems. I find its setup process to be easy and hassle-free.

The J.Sikora turntable possesses refinement and directness, making it adept at presenting pop or more modern-day music with a great sense of pace and rhythm. In my opinion, when set up correctly, it becomes an incredibly musical platform. I find it versatile for various genres, and setting up arms or multiple arms is effortless.

On the other hand, the CSport has a slightly more refined and sweeter sound, with a touch of agility and smoothness. However, it sacrifices some low-end response compared to what the J.Sikora can deliver in larger spaces. Nevertheless, the J.Sikora can easily match the slight advantage in the midrange to upper range, depending on the arm and cartridge used.

Both turntables are indeed excellent. However, the CSport requires some time and effort to achieve better motor system stability and speed stability. Fine-tuning the airpump flow to both the arm and table is necessary to get the best sound from it. On the other hand, the J.Sikora is much simpler in this regard, as it offers a "plug and play" experience.
Personally, I find that the J.Sikora is better suited for my preferences in music genres like Pop, Rock, Electronics, Hip Hop, and Movie Scores..

I prefer the CSport on Classical Musical and Jazz and certain vocal or soft music. Its refinement and sweet sound can sound a little too soft on certain recordings. Its hard to choose which one i would pick as first. Depending on the music i switch tables often.

Last edited:

ationg

Aug 7, 2016
Both CSport and J.Sikora, in my opinion, are excellent turntables.

In my observation, the J.Sikora has precise start and stop capabilities, and when used with the AnalogMagik Software, it maintains speed stability with a tighter tolerance compared to the CSport motor. J.Sikora appears more authoritative, and its bass and mid-bass delivery are particularly impressive, akin to the way my Technics SP10 performs but with a more musically pleasing sound. On the other hand, I found the SP10R to sound a bit too aggressive.

Furthermore, J.Sikora stands out as an exceptionally quiet turntable that doesn't require additional equipment like airpumps or clamp systems. I find its setup process to be easy and hassle-free.

The J.Sikora turntable possesses refinement and directness, making it adept at presenting pop or more modern-day music with a great sense of pace and rhythm. In my opinion, when set up correctly, it becomes an incredibly musical platform. I find it versatile for various genres, and setting up arms or multiple arms is effortless.

On the other hand, the CSport has a slightly more refined and sweeter sound, with a touch of agility and smoothness. However, it sacrifices some low-end response compared to what the J.Sikora can deliver in larger spaces. Nevertheless, the J.Sikora can easily match the slight advantage in the midrange to upper range, depending on the arm and cartridge used.

Both turntables are indeed excellent. However, the CSport requires some time and effort to achieve better motor system stability and speed stability. Fine-tuning the airpump flow to both the arm and table is necessary to get the best sound from it. On the other hand, the J.Sikora is much simpler in this regard, as it offers a "plug and play" experience.
Personally, I find that the J.Sikora is better suited for my preferences in music genres like Pop, Rock, Electronics, Hip Hop, and Movie Scores..

I prefer the CSport on Classical Musical and Jazz and certain vocal or soft music. Its refinement and sweet sound can sound a little too soft on certain recordings. Its hard to choose which one i would pick as first. Depending on the music i switch tables often.
Very interesting comparison. With regards to the CSPort, several users have similarly reported the sound being soft and polite. That does not sound engaging., I wonder is it just a common signature of an air bearing linear arm? If you were to mount a pivot arm, would CSPort still sound soft? Any thoughts?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing