CS Port LFT1 turntable added to the system

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
Gian I am shire it would be possible as the arm boards on the AF3P can be rotated, cannot see any problem.

Mik, this would require the arm and air box together? right?

can the air box function without the motor box? that's where it gets it's dc power. is there stand alone power for it?

Last edited:

108CY

May 4, 2013
Mik, this would require the arm and air box together? right?

can the air box function without the motor box? that's where it gets it's dc power.

The arm and compressor are available as a separate package and comes with a suitable power supply.

Reactions: Mike Lavigne

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
The arm and compressor are available as a separate package and comes with a suitable power supply.

At a cost of?

108CY

May 4, 2013
At a cost of?

have not worked out the UK retail as of yet. The problem with cs port is there is not genuine export price unlike most products.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
sure Marc, i can do that. maybe Herbie Hancock's 'Watermelon Man' on 45rpm.

last night prior to turning in i played 2 sides from the Miles Davis Mosiac Box Set 'The Complete Plugged Nickle Sessions'. loved it. Miles at his peak! lot's of 'semi-funky turns from that group as this music is pretty free flow. the CS Port brought me to that venue.....and it was superb.

but i thought about how the Saskia might have done it. and i expect that the particular strengths of the Saskia might have slightly served the music better. but that's a guess......which i will check out soon.....it's a tough job but someone's got to do it.

this is not to say that the CS Port is not fantastic on this music; but the Saskia might be the very tip top bleeding edge for that music. so if i have a Saskia sitting there......it needs to do it's thing.

View attachment 59226
Have that box Mike. I found it initially a bit sparse and cold, w Ron Carter's bass a bit thin and reedy. The overall effect glassy and diffuse.

However, w my changes I'm totally appreciating it. It has a really cool reserved vibe, the Quintet seeming to be in cruise control, with as you say these funky licks and left turns demonstrating their amazing control and artistry.

Yes Mike, let me know how this music sounds, esp the Saskia v CS Port comparison.

awsmone

Apr 6, 2014
Canberra Australia
What a wonderful looking turntable I love the idea of tangential trackers
Can I ask a dumb questions
whats up with the buttons orientations ?

Last edited:

Mike Lavigne

Apr 25, 2010
What a wonderful looking turntable I love the idea of tangential trackers
Can I ask a dumb questions
whats up with the buttons orientations ?

i've noticed that too, but in use it looks 'right', and my opinion is that it was one of those inspired little things that just made it more 'zen'......with better feng shui. everything about the CS Port is like that. like a higher power is involved guiding the details.

buttons.jpg

awsmone

Apr 6, 2014
Canberra Australia
Thanks Mike and appreciate the posting

i have sent an inquiry to the company already

djsina2

May 30, 2019
i've noticed that too, but in use it looks 'right', and my opinion is that it was one of those inspired little things that just made it more 'zen'......with better feng shui. everything about the CS Port is like that. like a higher power is involved guiding the details.

The pictures on their website and others on the web have the buttons aligned as one would expect. Maybe they rotated somehow?

Mike Lavigne

Apr 25, 2010
The pictures on their website and others on the web have the buttons aligned as one would expect. Maybe they rotated somehow?

of course, you are right.:oops::oops::oops:

sound of hand slapping forehead. stupid!:rolleyes:

my excuse; too much new gear at once causes confusion.

thanks.:)

Last edited:
Reactions: DetroitVinylRob

108CY

May 4, 2013
They just rotate mine are usually all over the place.

Mike Lavigne

Apr 25, 2010
been a crazy couple of weeks for me, lots of new gear and been traveling for business to SoCal this week, back Wednesday late, then another business dinner till late last night.

tonight i figured i needed a CS Port tt night; so fired it up when i got home to let the speed settle in, then about 90 minutes ago started listening. and i'm gob smacked by intoxicating detail and nuance. just overwhelmed. is it the pressings i've chosen? or has this turntable or cartridge or phono stage just gone to another level? is it the low pressure/low flow CS Port linear tracker? is it the air bearing and layer of air film under the platter?

i'm hearing layer upon layer upon layer of nuance, and textures and delicate little this and that in a completely natural and matter of fact way. like a whole world of inner happenings. every musical thing is so much more interesting, the musicians winking and gesturing at me in a personal way. this is completely new territory for me.......never heard this level of nuance.

i'm also getting thunderous subterranean bass and authority as well as big space and ease (side 3 of LSC-6094).

and these are not exceptional pressings.

i played DG 2530 992, Brahms Symphony No.3, Bohm, side 1, and i did side 1 and now i'm on side 2 (of4) of LSC-6094, Albeniz Iberia, Morel (Classic Records reissue).

the CS Port/GFS/CS Port phono combo (with a generic phono cable and modest set of RCA interconnects) is just blowing my mind tonight.......which is exactly the itch i needed scratching.

wow!!!

why do i have three turntables?

this is why.:cool:

and maybe the new 468's are not sucking........

Last edited:

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
been a crazy couple of weeks for me, lots of new gear and been traveling for business to SoCal this week, back Wednesday late, then another business dinner till late last night.

tonight i figured i needed a CS Port tt night; so fired it up when i got home to let the speed settle in, then about 90 minutes ago started listening. and i'm gob smacked by intoxicating detail and nuance. just overwhelmed. is it the pressings i've chosen? or has this turntable or cartridge or phono stage just gone to another level? is it the low pressure/low flow CS Port linear tracker? is it the air bearing and layer of air film under the platter?

i'm hearing layer upon layer upon layer of nuance, and textures and delicate little this and that in a completely natural and matter of fact way. like a whole world of inner happenings. every musical thing is so much more interesting, the musicians winking and gesturing at me in a personal way. this is completely new territory for me.......never heard this level of nuance.

i'm also getting thunderous subterranean bass and authority as well as big space and ease (side 3 of LSC-6094).

and these are not exceptional pressings.

i played DG 2530 992, Brahms Symphony No.3, Bohm, side 1, and i did side 1 and now i'm on side 2 (of4) of LSC-6094, Albeniz Iberia, Morel (Classic Records reissue).

the CS Port/GFS/CS Port phono combo (with a generic phono cable and modest set of RCA interconnects) is just blowing my mind tonight.......which is exactly the itch i needed scratching.

wow!!!

why do i have three turntables?

this is why.:cool:

and maybe the new 468's are not sucking........
Fantastic. Fantastic. Fantastic. Fantastic....Fantastic!

Reactions: Mike Lavigne

tima

Industry Expert
Mar 3, 2014
the Upper Midwest

It's why we do this. I love reading these types of expressions of emotional pleasure that come when we lose ourselves in music and arrive at that locus of disbelief, slipping out of our audio systems and into the reality of the performance. What I call the audiophile miracle, a kind of sonic transubstantiation whereby metal, vinyl and wire turn into joy.

Mike Lavigne

Apr 25, 2010
just as a counterpoint this morning i'm playing the Saskia.

last night i had ended the CS Port night playing the first three sides of 'The Complete Art Pepper At Ronnie Scott's Club', Box Set--PPAN012......it was really fine sounding. now this morning on the Saskia playing those same cuts it's like a different recording. the additional energy and tonal density has the music leaping from the grooves and pulsing and pushing the vibe. tighter, more focused.

horns and piano's love the Saskia, and it just boggies. makes you smile and feel alive.

of course it's not just the turntable difference, but the Durand Tosca gimbled bearing tone arm, the Ortofon Anna Diamond, the Found Music silver phono cable, and the dart phono......all different from the CS Port.

it's a privilege to be able to have the musical viewpoints to choose from.

Last edited:

Mike Lavigne

Apr 25, 2010
Sounds like another invitation to Kedar is in order so that he can get out the pencil and do some fine direct comparisons 4 0 distortion

Kedar knows he has an open invite any time. he also knows i'm not into gear swapping around much. hopefully by the time he does come over i'll have things pretty sorted out.

Last edited:
Reactions: PeterA

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing