Constellation Audio - I am dissapointed

Sammy T

Aug 30, 2012
I did check out the website . Have they sold any of them yet? The only thing I could find was a review on the Perseus phono. Friend owns the Virgo 2 preamp and the Centaur stereo amp, seems to like them both.

Chrk

May 22, 2015
London
I did check out the website . Have they sold any of them yet? The only thing I could find was a review on the Perseus phono. Friend owns the Virgo 2 preamp and the Centaur stereo amp, seems to like them both.

Yes I have bought an Orion and it did take some time to arrive but I had it for over a year and a half now. The retail price was 75kUSD ex VAT I think ... They sold all of them, which I believe was 25 units worldwide. Yes better than Perseus that I had on a loan waiting for Orion. But frankly I can't remember the exact details of the change that I heard 18 months ago

Sammy T

Aug 30, 2012
Wow! They only made 25? 75K ... Ouch. I did hear that they are world class. One of the best

number95

May 14, 2014
Apparently so. It is on the website now. No idea about the cost. The Perseus I would say is very, very good. If the Orion is significantly better then it would be something indeed. Too bad our friend Roysen has passed. He might have liked it.
Sorry to hear that..
I had Perseus for a while before Orion. Perseus was better to my ears than my beloved ARC Ref 10 phono. Now Orion.. It sounds like a combination of best virtues of Ref 10 phono and Perseus all together. Certainly a statement product. I was not sure how it would compare to Perseus. Eventually it is a big step forward.

skytop

Feb 6, 2017
I am posting to you from the future. In a few years Constellation will release the Andromeda balanced phono stage that is perhaps the finest sounding phonostage. Be patient and wait for it.

Reactions: Lagonda

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
I am posting to you from the future. In a few years Constellation will release the Andromeda balanced phono stage that is perhaps the finest sounding phonostage. Be patient and wait for it.
I am sure it will be the most expensive ;)

Brian Walsh

Jul 7, 2011
ttsetup.com
I'd be very surprised. John Curl is well into his 70s.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing