New York City
218774_490106947685539_332698254_o.jpg

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
and maybe a good anti-vibration device too. :D

Lorrie

Nov 14, 2012
I always find the warm spot in my bed after the cats have done their business all over my goose down comforter. One day cats.... one day

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Myles-The picture of the cat on top the DVR reminds me of when one of the cats puked into my DVR and blew it up.

Last edited:

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Myles picture of the cat on top the DVR reminds me of when one of cats puked into my DVR and blew it up.

Been there too! Only it was a $10K phono stage. :(

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
My cat use to like the Levinson 27.5...not too hot, just warm enough...She stays away from the Pass Class A biased amps...a bit too hot for kitty.

Asamel

Jan 22, 2012
Philly
My wife always says she knew we would get married when her cat threw up on my speakers and I didn't freak out.

Bruce in PA

DonH50

Member Sponsor & WBF Technical Expert
Jun 22, 2010
Monument, CO
Many years ago a cat destroyed a TT (not mine) when it jumped up and starting batting at the arm, catching claws in the exposed cartridge wires. It had what I believe would be called a "hissy fit" and beat the heck out of the arm, cartridge, record, you name it before jumping off and zipping out of the room. As it jumped, it dumped the TT from its position atop a 4' rack onto the floor. It happened fast and we were too shocked to do anything but look at each other, then clean up the aftermath. It was not pretty.

I, thankfully, am a dog guy. So, I won't even mention the dog jumping onto a Maggie and busting the panel, nor the numerous tail-wagging episodes seen through the years.

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Really, I have to admit that my wife has done more damage to my stereo gear and household electronics than any dog or cat ever has which is why it’s great to have my own room where she doesn’t lurk. My wife has a green thumb and loves houseplants. Every flat spot needs a houseplant planted on top of it including the dustcover of a brand new turntable I bought once upon a time. Imagine my horror when I came home from work only to see a freaking houseplant sitting on my dustcover.

My wife’s other philosophy with regards to houseplants is that all houseplants must be watered to saturation and the excess water must rush out onto whatever the plant is sitting on. She ruined the tops of a pair of subs and main speakers this way. She once blew up a CRT TV because of course she had a plant sitting on top of it, and of course she watered it until the water poured out the bottom of the plant and into the TV. I didn’t know any of this had occurred until I turned the TV on and watched it go up in smoke. Suspecting what had just happened, I asked my wife if she had just watered the plant and ruined the TV. The answer was “no” until I took the back of the TV off and water came gushing out.

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
OMG! Dust, Dander and Hair gumming up the works!!!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing