Cable Elevators

stehno

Jul 5, 2014
Salem, OR
Based on MY limited experience? Who are you to say what experiences I have? I have a total of 10 posts on this forum. What makes you think you know anything about me?! Wow man, get off your high horse already...

Sorry 'bout that. I just assumed you had limited experience like everybody else. My bad.

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014
Based on MY limited experience? Who are you to say what experiences I have? I have a total of 10 posts on this forum. What makes you think you know anything about me?! Wow man, get off your high horse already...

Hello, gentlemen. Please allow me to remind you that this is just a hobby. Let's tone it down a notch, shall we? ;)

Tom

I'm gone.

stenho was here, lol...

stehno

Jul 5, 2014
Salem, OR

Chops

Apr 27, 2016
Central Florida
I'll bet dollars-to-donuts you're a pretty cool guy in-person, DaveC.

We probably all are, just get a little hot under the collar with our "internet attitudes".

Let's face it, all of this talk about audio equipment, tweaks and music... It's all subjective. Some insist that cables don't make a difference. Some insist that SS amps all sound the same. Some insist that a $7k record clamp sounds worlds better than a $50 record clamp of the same size and weight, because it costs $6950 more.

If you can hear a difference, great. If you "think" you hear a difference, great. That doesn't mean others are going to hear those same differences if at all. And if they do, it doesn't mean the differences that they're hearing are actual improvements to them. It could sound worse to them.

johndoe21ro

Oct 3, 2012
Europe
This thread needs some reviving...

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA

Audire

VIP/Donor
Jan 18, 2019
FL Panhandle

Audire

VIP/Donor
Jan 18, 2019
FL Panhandle
We received the Russ Andrews Cable Elevators today. 3-4 weeks delivery to U.S. They are solid wood, nicely finished, good quality, and should match our Quadraspire stands we will be receiving very soon - I hope. I'll post some pictures when I can.

heihei

VIP/Donor
Jul 24, 2017
I bought the Shunyata ones recently. I was able to try them in my system before hand, and made a noticeable improvement in clarity, detail, noise etc.

Reactions: johndoe21ro

howiebrou

Jun 29, 2012
I bought the Shunyata ones recently. I was able to try them in my system before hand, and made a noticeable improvement in clarity, detail, noise etc.
Are those the new funky ones? Got any photos?

Audire

VIP/Donor
Jan 18, 2019
FL Panhandle
Here is a pic of the Russ Andrews Cable Elevators I promised.

These are light-weight birch and nicely finished. They have a screw hole - with supplied screw - so they maybe screwed into a hardwood floor or into carpet, etc. (don't think I'd ever do that ... besides I have tile floors). The screw holes also allow you to join two of the lifters together to make one a little higher, etc. (I also have some small weights [not supplied by seller] to add to the bottom of them if needed ...).

My system probably won't be installed until Friday, but we will do some testing with and without them in the system, both on the power cords and speaker cables.

If these cable lifts work, they should match our Quadraspire bamboo racks nicely.

IMG_1040.jpg

Audire

VIP/Donor
Jan 18, 2019
FL Panhandle
Well I've tried the Russ Andrews Cable Elevators for a few days now. I'm not aware of any sonic benefit or loss. IMO, they are only an aesthetic benefit nothing more.

Reactions: Chops

fbhifi

Dec 20, 2013
Okatie, SC
The Fog Lifters look very intriguing. I like the concept better than most of the others “Lifters” out there.

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA

johndoe21ro

Oct 3, 2012
Europe
I'm curious about the Fog Lifters too! I'm all AudioQuest and their price is more than reasonable.

Bodhi

Apr 20, 2014
Going forward, I'll be going with a combination of Furutech NCF & Acoustic Revive RCI-3H cable risers.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing