Aurender N30 - To stay competitive in 2021

exupgh12

Jul 30, 2019
With all due respect, I think you are missing the point I’m trying to make. IMO it’s disingenuous to dismiss something just because it costs more without at least hearing it. I have the N20 and just got the N30SA and I can assure that with my ears, in my system the improvement is not slight.
A. I'm truly happy to know you find the new N30 better than the N20 - congrats
b. i was referring to W20SE vs. N30, although still not heard the last one, my understanding of why companies "throw" new and more expensive product to current market is there.

exupgh12

Jul 30, 2019
It’s more like he’s intentionally avoiding your point. He simply won’t allow for an “expensive” product to actually be better.
I'm simply won't buy into the more expensive is always equal better - simple.

exupgh12

Jul 30, 2019
These are all factors that affect the price for sure.
My question is: which component (let’s say the passive cooler) has an effect over the accuracy of the bitstream?
I would say clock and good power supply
now, i think i know where you're going - data is data, and protocols such as TCP have checksum etc....
well coming IT & Cyber Security i thought exactly as above, only my experience with audio let me discover diffarent from my professional knowlage - even in the digital world everything matters.

nonesup

VIP/Donor
Feb 15, 2017
Spain
I have the N20 also it is a very good unit , I did purchase the N30SA and picked it up yesterday. I plan on setting it up this weekend
Any thoughts on N30 vs N20?

timztunz

Apr 23, 2018
Texas

nonesup

VIP/Donor
Feb 15, 2017
Spain
Well it seems that the Taiko fan boys are more motivated to tell us how good their Server is, than those of Aurender N30. There are users here who tell us excited that they are waiting for their N30. Then they send us pictures of how it is burning and then ... NOTHING. Not a single comment on your long-awaited N30.

Audire

VIP/Donor
Jan 18, 2019
FL Panhandle
I’m waiting on my Aurender N30 to be delivered. Probably three weeks or so. Someone on another forum compared the Taiko to the N30. The N30 fit his tastes better. At this level to each his own.

rau

Aug 6, 2015
Wisconsin
I have the Extreme and N30 problem is they are each on different setups so it hard to do a fair comparison . I am happy with both .

Last edited:
Reactions: Audire and thomask

onsionsi

Nov 27, 2019
I’m waiting on my Aurender N30 to be delivered. Probably three weeks or so. Someone on another forum compared the Taiko to the N30. The N30 fit his tastes better. At this level to each his own.
Can you referring to the link?

Audire

VIP/Donor
Jan 18, 2019
FL Panhandle

timztunz

Apr 23, 2018
Texas
Reactions: Audire

Kingsrule

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2011
What's the big secret? Start at post #148

Reactions: thomask

thomask

Dec 9, 2018
Washington State, US

Re: MSB Select II​

Hi Battles,

I will chime in with a perspective regarding regarding the Aurender N30 and the Taiko Extreme. To be fully transparent, I do not own either. However, I did have the opportunity to hear both in the same system during a 3 or so hour session.

The system consisted of both the Taiko Extreme and the Aurender N30. The DAC was the MSB Select II with Boulder Pre and Power Amps driving a pair of Vivíd G1 Spirits.

In this particular system, to my ears, my preference was with the Aurender N30. Why? I thought the presentation with the Aurender had better pace , rhythm and realism. Violin strings sound had a wonderful texture that was not present in the Taiko. Piano notes were more realistic. And, I felt the Taiko had a little bit of grain that was not present in the N30’s presentation. Was this a huge problem? No, but doing a back to back listening of the same music highlighted the differences to me.

Also, this may/may not be important to you but the Aurender seemed easier to use and it has the large screen with album art. We had some challenges getting the Taiko and Roon to work. The Aurender operation was flawless.

Lastly, this is my perspective as a result of a single session. Clearly, both are top notch machines.
Interesting report.

I had listened to MSB Select II with N30, but some bright sound out of amplifier bothered me.

But my impression is that N30 must be quite good.

Many people have problem with Roon.

But both Aurender and Cocktail Audio has its own interface.

TDX

Jan 14, 2020
A question, with genuine curiosity and no intention to trigger flames:
Which computer parts are expected to contribute to better sound (which, in this case, would mean the highest digital stream accuracy) and make the difference between a Mac Mini, your friend's $4K computer and the $16K Innuos?
Where to invest?
Power and clock

Audire

VIP/Donor
Jan 18, 2019
FL Panhandle
Just posted on another forum… “I A/B'd the N30 vs the Taiko. I preferred the N30. I went in to audition the Taiko. I was surprised.”

Post 10 - W20SE vs N30?

Reactions: marslo and thomask

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing