Aurender N30 - To stay competitive in 2021

Jun 12, 2021
I wonder how N30 compares to W20 in terms of playback of native SM PCM and native DSD files from local HD. I am less interested in streaming capabilities . For me streaming is the solution for mass segment of the audio market, native files being its audiophile part.
I prefer the N20 over the W20SE. This is a personal preference thing and I hear that some people prefer the W20SE. I did find out that the better the power cord(pc), really enhances the music server. Pc’s make less of a difference with the W20SE. When I put the QR-s from Shunyata on my N20, goodnight it was special. So I naturally ordered the N30SA due to the great changes made to the N20. My N30SA should arrive some time next week. I stream and I have downloaded music. The sonic signature does not seem to be any different between the W20SE and the N20 with those parameters. The way I would describe the N20 is that it is clean and clear with low frequencies better represented than I have ever heard before. I really don’t know how the N30SA is going to best the N20. I just have faith from the company’s history.

Marslo, you have a well thought out system. Those Ayon Crossfire’s are pretty special and I have interest in those. I bet your system sounds amazing.

Mike

rau

Aug 6, 2015
Wisconsin
I prefer the N20 over the W20SE. This is a personal preference thing and I hear that some people prefer the W20SE. I did find out that the better the power cord(pc), really enhances the music server. Pc’s make less of a difference with the W20SE. When I put the QR-s from Shunyata on my N20, goodnight it was special. So I naturally ordered the N30SA due to the great changes made to the N20. My N30SA should arrive some time next week. I stream and I have downloaded music. The sonic signature does not seem to be any different between the W20SE and the N20 with those parameters. The way I would describe the N20 is that it is clean and clear with low frequencies better represented than I have ever heard before. I really don’t know how the N30SA is going to best the N20. I just have faith from the company’s history.

Marslo, you have a well thought out system. Those Ayon Crossfire’s are pretty special and I have interest in those. I bet your system sounds amazing.

Mike
I have the N20 also it is a very good unit , I did purchase the N30SA and picked it up yesterday. I plan on setting it up this weekend

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Subscribed.

rau

Aug 6, 2015
Wisconsin

Mike
I am wondering the same thing is the N30SA going to best the N20 . The N20 is excellent

Reactions: George K

DevAAudio

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2018
The new Aurender N30SA is at devAAudio in Leawood, KS (greater Kansas City Region) and burning in!!! :) .

Cheers,
Deva (Owner)

IMG_6829.jpg

IMG_6830.jpg

Reactions: Audire and marslo

milt808

Sep 1, 2021

Mike
How does the N20 compare to the N30? What percentage does the N20 capture of the N30?
I'm looking to purchase one of the two and need your thoughts.

thomask

Dec 9, 2018
Washington State, US
20210903_164149.jpg
I had chance to listen to system consisting of Avantgarde Trio driven by Rotel Mitchi monoblocks(https://www.stereophile.com/content/rotel-michi-m8-monoblock-power-amplifier) 6hours ago in Seoul, Korea. The source was MSB Select II and Aurender N30.

Overall it sounds nice with excellent dynamics, nice focus and layers of soundstage.

The only bothering thing is that it showed some hard edge from time to time.

I may had been spoiled by the sweet sound of Lansche 4.1 with plasma tweeter driven by vacuum amplifier fitted with NOS tubes.

My guess is that Rotel Mitch is not top notch amplifier to drive Avant Trio. It would have been much better if Trio had got driven by either D'Agostino or Dartzeel.

Anyway I could not find any fault with Aurender N30 which provides solid foundation for MSB Select II.

I wish to have chance to compare between N30 and N20 or N10. But they do not stock either N20 or N10.

Although I had listened to the system including SGM Extreme about 2 years ago, I could not make any comparsion between SGM Extreme and N30 unlesss I do side by side experiment.

It seems to me that both of them are excellent pieces of audio equipment.

I include some video clips that I took for your reference,.

I recommend you to audition N30 in your system yourself.

You may like it!

Last edited:

exupgh12

Jul 30, 2019
That would surprise me, because the W20SE is still positioned as their premier product and costs less than that. I had my dealer contact the rep to see which would be their “flagship” which steered my decision.
The W20SE wasn’t expensive enough as the competition for some people in the Far East so Aurender just released something more expensive to make the audience happy.

Reactions: gds7368

exupgh12

Jul 30, 2019
View attachment 81635
I had chance to listen to system consisting of Avantgarde Trio driven by Rotel Mitchi monoblocks(https://www.stereophile.com/content/rotel-michi-m8-monoblock-power-amplifier) 6hours ago in Seoul, Korea. The source was MSB Select II and Aurender N30.

Overall it sounds nice with excellent dynamics, nice focus and layers of soundstage.

The only bothering thing is that it showed some hard edge from time to time.

I may had been spoiled by the sweet sound of Lansche 4.1 with plasma tweeter driven by vacuum amplifier fitted with NOS tubes.

My guess is that Rotel Mitch is not top notch amplifier to drive Avant Trio. It would have been much better if Trio had got driven by either D'Agostino or Dartzeel.

Anyway I could not find any fault with Aurender N30 which provides solid foundation for MSB Select II.

I wish to have chance to compare between N30 and N20 or N10. But they do not stock either N20 or N10.

Although I had listened to the system including SGM Extreme about 2 years ago, I could not make any comparsion between SGM Extreme and N30 unlesss I do side by side experiment.

It seems to me that both of them are excellent pieces of audio equipment.

I include some video clips that I took for your reference,.

I recommend you to audition N30 in your system yourself.

You may like it!
That’s killer amplification for 109db speakers, friends of mine have those speakers with the subs, they get redicules loud from much lessers tube amp’s.

His Aurender W20SE is one to die for, an exceptional music servers.

Reactions: thomask

timztunz

Apr 23, 2018
Texas

Attachments

• IMG_8644.jpg
    IMG_8644.jpg
    847.1 KB · Views: 25

timztunz

Apr 23, 2018
Texas
The W20SE wasn’t expensive enough as the competition for some people in the Far East so Aurender just released something more expensive to make the audience happy.
Did you determine that by listening to them?

exupgh12

Jul 30, 2019

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing