Aurender N30 - To stay competitive in 2021

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong

matthias

Mar 14, 2019
Germany
@CKKeung

Any comparisons to Taiko Extreme and Antipodes K50?
How much is the N30?
Thanks

Matt

Last edited:
Reactions: marmota

Kingrex

Feb 3, 2019
Those who know me know power is my passion. And that looks like an amazing power supply.

Audire

VIP/Donor
Jan 18, 2019
FL Panhandle
From what I understand, the N30 hasn't been released yet in the U.S. I read that the price was 25K - but not sure of the reliability of the info. See below:

pke10000

Jan 22, 2018
From what I understand, the N30 hasn't been released yet in the U.S. I read that the price was 25K - but not sure of the reliability of the info. See below:

Aurender is a Korean brand not Chinese.
N20 launched several months ago.
N30 introduced at the same time, but needed more time to improve mechanic part for vibration. Then launched some weeks ago.

Audire

VIP/Donor
Jan 18, 2019
FL Panhandle
Aurender is a Korean brand not Chinese.
N20 launched several months ago.
N30 introduced at the same time, but needed more time to improve mechanic part for vibration. Then launched some weeks ago.

I'm aware that Aurender is Korean - I presently own two of them. The provided link is merely where I located "a" price and I added that I'm not "sure of the reliability of the info."

I wasn't aware that the N30 was released in the U.S. yet? There is a N30 manual in English (released sometime back), but the unit still doesn't appear on the Aurender website and no dealer I've contacted in the U.S. has pricing yet.

Reactions: timztunz

timztunz

Apr 23, 2018
Texas
I'm aware that Aurender is Korean - I presently own two of them. The provided link is merely where I located "a" price and I added that I'm not "sure of the reliability of the info."

I wasn't aware that the N30 was released in the U.S. yet? There is a N30 manual in English (released sometime back), but the unit still doesn't appear on the Aurender website and no dealer I've contacted in the U.S. has pricing yet.
Does one of the ones you have happen to be an N20? If so I’d love to know your thoughts. I just bought one and it’s my first streamer/server.

Audire

VIP/Donor
Jan 18, 2019
FL Panhandle
Does one of the ones you have happen to be an N20? If so I’d love to know your thoughts. I just bought one and it’s my first streamer/server.
Unfortunately not. I'm waiting on the N30 - if it gets to the US. If not then the W20SE.

Reactions: timztunz

pke10000

Jan 22, 2018
Congatulate your N20.
Right after N10 was launched, a lot of diy mania tried to follow the quality.
Then everyone said taht they needed similar money to get similar performance, even N10 supports several convenience.

Now N20 supports higher performance and convenience.
I listened N20 and N30-proto(before upgrade mecha), I think N20 values the price enough.
Please enjoy that.

Of course there are more expensive machines now.
It will be better.

gds7368

VIP/Donor
Jan 9, 2015

That would surprise me, because the W20SE is still positioned as their premier product and costs less than that. I had my dealer contact the rep to see which would be their “flagship” which steered my decision.

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
The N30 has been available for sale in Mainland China and in Hong Kong for maybe 2 months already.
N Am dealers please hurry up!

BTW I don't have personal experience but that the reviewer of the Korean N30 review has sold his own W20SE and bought the N30 must be telling us something.

Last edited:
Reactions: timztunz and Audire

QuadDiffuser

VIP/Donor
Apr 2, 2017
Hong Kong
I really wonder if/when the W30 will be introduced, as the reception of the W20SE was only lukewarm.

The conclusion from the Korean review (see URL link in Post #1 above):
(via Google translate)

“ In Aurender, there was no precedent for a number of 30 to be assigned to a model. As a representative example, the W20SE was released. W20SE has had many performance improvements and changes compared to the W20, but it was given the name of the W20 SE, that is,'Special Edition', not the W25 or W30, and delayed Aurender's product naming policy, which does not allow the number of feelings of being a higher model easily. That was the part you can guess. Therefore, when a product name is assigned a number of 20 or more, the expectation for this machine is inevitably high, and the expectation for this machine, in which the number 30 is used, may be natural in some way.

Aurender N30 emerged as a high-quality product that exceeded expectations as the efforts of Aurender accumulated in the development process several times paid off. I think it is a device that showed a leap enough to use the number 30, which was not easily allowed, in the model name. With the proper cable matching and external clock setting, this machine's ability to be well set up, personally, I was able to experience that it performed so well that I could say that a better streaming device is unprecedented in the world.

Before the advent of this machine, I bought and used the old W20, but was a little stressed about the network player, so I decided to focus on the CD with few variables, reducing the weight on network play. Compared to recent technological advances, the limitations of the old model were clear. However, it was difficult to ignore network play because there are restrictions in playing the master sound source or listening to streaming, so it is impossible to ignore it blindly. I think these concerns will be the same not only for me but also for others.

However, the appearance of the so-called end plate king device with a high degree of completion like this one stimulated a strong desire for possession with a product like Danbi for me. Before the reviewer, I was also in the position of an audiophile, and the moment I touched the device, the thought of'I can't miss this' flashes, but this is the case. From the standpoint of the author, who had been testing this unit from prototype to final version before release, it was difficult to imagine my system without this unit, so I ended up purchasing the product directly.

This unit is likely to be used over the years as an excellent reference device for evaluating top-notch network players in my system. Just like the W20 did in the past. In this category, I don't think there is any model that emits a unique presence as this machine. Therefore, I had no worries when deciding to purchase. I was immediately convinced that it was such a great device.

We are confident that the N30 will serve as Aurender's flagship device for years. As the highest peak model of the N series, I would like to call this flag a masterpiece of the network player world. As with its outstanding performance, I hope that many people will experience it and experience its excellence firsthand. I am sure that this flag will be remembered for a long time as a groundbreaking model that suggested the direction for the network player to go. It is a product that is not easy to price, but it is a product that has virtually no alternative for those seeking ultra high-end reproduction quality, and is highly recommended.”

Donghyun Yeom

Gadzooks!

Nov 29, 2020
Other than having a separate Power Supply, is there any info regarding the enhancements that AURENDER made to the N30 over the N20 since both models were released in Asia around the same time? Was the delay in the release in the US of the N30 due to post-release "enhancements" or "corrections" that were made? Has there been any comparison between the N30 and the TAIKO SGM EXTERME as to (1) functionality of the App; and (2) the SQ?

marslo

VIP/Donor
May 2, 2014
Poland
I wonder how N30 compares to W20 in terms of playback of native SM PCM and native DSD files from local HD. I am less interested in streaming capabilities . For me streaming is the solution for mass segment of the audio market, native files being its audiophile part.

Last edited:
Reactions: bonzo75

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing