Aurender N30 - To stay competitive in 2021

gfroman

Dec 28, 2012
Will be installing a Synergistic Research MASTER fuse in my Aurender N30SA shortly.
Hoping for good results!

timztunz

Apr 23, 2018
Texas
Will be installing a Synergistic Research MASTER fuse in my Aurender N30SA shortly.
Hoping for good results!
Good luck. I would hope too for a $600 fuse.

zebo67

VIP/Donor
Apr 27, 2017
systems.audiogon.com
There is a new tweak now available that eliminates fuse out of the equation. Folks are reporting a huge leap in performance over any audiophile fuse. Check it out!

Attachments

• IMG_2789.jpeg
    IMG_2789.jpeg
    369.5 KB · Views: 4
Reactions: Gunnar

Pokey77

Feb 16, 2022
There is a new tweak now available that eliminates fuse out of the equation. Folks are reporting a huge leap in performance over any audiophile fuse. Check it out!
So do you have one on the way?!

Audire

VIP/Donor
Jan 18, 2019
FL Panhandle

gfroman

Dec 28, 2012
I have the Synergistic Research fuses installed.
(1) Master on the EMM Labs DV2 and (1) Master on the Aurender N30 music server.
While I had the components open, I also added a little Mad Scientist Graphene on some of the contacts, including the fuses.
Right when I powered the system up, no bass at all, kinda weird?
I had to check if the subs were functioning.
Only took about a day for things to shape up.
Supposed to take about 300 hours to burn in, but I like the improvement in sound so far.
Hard to describe, but it just sounds more relaxed and the music seems to flow effortlessly with improved imaging.
Haven't had time to sit and listen for an extended amount of time yet.
I am willing to pay the cost for the improvement, which hopefully only gets better in time!
Thanks.

Last edited:
Reactions: sarbo and Audire

Rays

May 24, 2018
I am also interested in learning more about umbilicals cables. I did hear N20 with external (merging L-clock) and the upgrade in performance was far from subtle. So encouraging that I’m upgrading to N30SA very soon.
It appears several companies make aftermarket umbilical cords. I looked into Chord UK and Sean Jacobs (Custom hifi Cables) for my Innuos Statement next-gen server. I ordered a 50cm Mundorf silver-gold hybrid wire pair from Sean Jacobs this week. I will report my impressions after I receive them.

Reactions: ctydwn

Audire

VIP/Donor
Jan 18, 2019
FL Panhandle
I have a MC-10 in route. We will see what type of improvement, if any, it makes with the N30SA. i.e. It sounds so good ready, I’m not sure it needs any …

Reactions: sarbo

Audire

VIP/Donor
Jan 18, 2019
FL Panhandle
What is a MC-10?

It’s the new Aurender Master Clock for N30, W20, N20, etc.

Reactions: zebo67

gfroman

Dec 28, 2012
Can anyone share their findings for upgrading "custom umbilical" cables for the N30??
Thanks!

zebo67

VIP/Donor
Apr 27, 2017
systems.audiogon.com
I have a MC-10 in route. We will see what type of improvement, if any, it makes with the N30SA. i.e. It sounds so good ready, I’m not sure it needs any …
So what is your impression on MC-10 connected to N30SA? I am going to be auditioning W20SE and N30SA in my system next month. They will be synchronized simultaneously with my Merging L-Clock.

Reactions: Pokey77

plasmod3

Aug 28, 2020
Can anyone share their findings for upgrading "custom umbilical" cables for the N30??
Thanks!
That's easy I make them under horizon cables :) unfortunately no website but I can confirm they work very well. 2 cables 1 power 1signal

Pokey77

Feb 16, 2022
So what is your impression on MC-10 connected to N30SA? I am going to be auditioning W20SE and N30SA in my system next month. They will be synchronized simultaneously with my Merging L-Clock.
Looking forward to your observations!

Gjo

Aug 22, 2021
Anyone have insight into a future (some say imminent) Aurender firmware update incorporating Roon endpoint certification?

Rays

May 24, 2018
I understand this is an Aurender thread but just wanted to update my last post on umbilical cords. I have an Innuos Statement next-gen server. It came with 33cm long umbilical cords that meant stacking the two pieces necessary. I wanted umbilicals long enough to be able to place each unit on its own shelf.....and to improve SQ. I discovered several cable companies make umbilical cords, but ultimately went with Sean Jacobs (Custom hifi cables). I bought a 50cm pair at aprox 2k USD. After 300 hrs break in (necessary) I feel the biggest improvements in SQ were soundstage and imaging. The soundstage became bigger (wider and deeper) than with the stock U cords. Images within the soundstage were more precise and clear. This was a 'worth it' investment for me.....however in my system and with my server I would place aftermarket improvements in order of great to good. Power cord / isolation / digital cable(USB) / aftermarket umbilical cords / aftermarket fuses. YMMV

Gjo

Aug 22, 2021
Anyone have insight into a future (some say imminent) Aurender firmware update incorporating Roon endpoint certification?
Hey @Gjo, I have some insight!

Cool, bro, lay it on us.

Okay! According to an official source, Roon Ready mode is coming very soon, and Aurender is hoping to announce an official release date within the next month.

Thanks, GJo!

Of course!

audio.bill

May 27, 2013
Chicago suburbs

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing