Aurender N30 - To stay competitive in 2021

rau

Aug 6, 2015
Wisconsin
Hi @rau, glad to hear you are enjoying your sound. Can you expand on why you are happy with the N30SA vs the Extreme... I assume you were able to compare in the same system? Also I hope you had a chance to hear XDMS vs the current Aurender app? Definitely curious to hear your comparisons as one of only a few people that I know that have owned both. Important insights as folks contemplate their decisions.
Thanks again
I did listen with XDMS it was mind blowing , I feel Taiko is on the right track for sure and they make a excellent product. I have nothing neg to say as far as Taiko and staff goes . Now here is my issue and has been for many months . I had the N30SA at one house and Taiko Extreme at the other . When I would sit down for the night to listen with the N30 streaming and local files the Aurender app was excellent rock solid, I could just relax and enjoy my listening time . When I was at other home and sat down to listen to the Taiko it was not relaxing for me , I'd find myself comparing Roon to TAS because you never knew which would sound better , I had glitches with the software also TAS , I don't care for Roon so I would try to use TAS . Then XDMS Alpha was installed and it was jaw dropping excellent sound but again they are still working on it and who knows how long it will take to finished .I just want to sit down at night and listen , I don't want to fumble around . As far as tech support Taiko tech support is good but you need to send an email and get in queue, Aurender you call a number and you get support . Again both units are great but for me it was a personal choice to go the route of keeping the Aurender .
As far as sound the XDMS was excellent, but then again the Aurender sounds excellent also . They are both that good . Some like one over the other but seriously both are top notch !

Last edited:

gfroman

Dec 28, 2012
Have you tried various power cords with any improvement on the N30??
Thanks,
Gregg

thomask

Dec 9, 2018
Washington State, US

Someone reported nice improvement using Magic Audio Masterpiece M-1 with Aurender W20SE.

Had anybody tried audio fuses on N30?

rau

Aug 6, 2015
Wisconsin

Someone reported nice improvement using Magic Audio Masterpiece M-1 with Aurender W20SE.

Had anybody tried audio fuses on N30?
I have some purple fuses I need to install in my preamp and N30 one day

gfroman

Dec 28, 2012
Dark Matter LPS > Darker Matter Emperor Clock > Uptone EtherRegen > Aurender N30 w/Transparent Opus power cord.
Sounds heavenly!

thomask

Dec 9, 2018
Washington State, US
I have some purple fuses I need to install in my preamp and N30 one day
I had some good result using purple fuse with power amplifier.

But I had not made up mind whether I will try Purple or Magic Audio fuses.

After you try Purple on N30, please let us know your impression.

Audire

VIP/Donor
Jan 18, 2019
FL Panhandle
Aurender is adding a Roon update soon for most Aurender models - but not the older ones. tests going on now.

This should be interesting. However, if they didn’t have the proper filters then ??? Aurender still thinks Conductor sounds better!

Audire

VIP/Donor
Jan 18, 2019
FL Panhandle
Conductor does sound better than roon. Roon has a very nice ui but process hungry and heavy

I agree, but Taiko has done some amazing things in the last year. I recently heard one in our system. I’m hearing it again soon just to make sure I was hearing correctly. My jaw dropped! It’s really good. I don't know what they are doing to Roon, but someone at Taiko has an ear for audio done right! They’ve changed Roon!

Maybe Aurender is doing something similar, I don't know. I’m demoing an Aurender Clock to see if I get the same result as with the Taiko. First though I’m doing a Grimm MU1 demo next week.

plasmod3

Aug 28, 2020
Spec wise the aurender clock does not beat a cybershaft. The aurender n30sa stock is very good but does not meet the qualities I looked for, it was only with modifications and the custom umbilical I use that I got it to an exceptional level

Audire

VIP/Donor
Jan 18, 2019
FL Panhandle
Spec wise the aurender clock does not beat a cybershaft. The aurender n30sa stock is very good but does not meet the qualities I looked for, it was only with modifications and the custom umbilical I use that I got it to an exceptional level
I agree. My dealer is trying to get a demo of the Cybershaft as well. I’m unsure it comes in black though so it may be a non starter for me.

Reactions: Digital Buddha

Pokey77

Feb 16, 2022
Would be very interested to read about your “modifications“, etc. you brought in that got you to an ”exceptional level“. Regards

abeidrov

VIP Donor
Dec 17, 2015
Moscow
Aurender is adding a Roon update soon for most Aurender models - but not the older ones. tests going on now.

This should be interesting. However, if they didn’t have the proper filters then ??? Aurender still thinks Conductor sounds better!
Have you already tried Aurender with Roon or you just plan to? Also, do you have any details on how they will support Roon: will it be just Roon Ready or it will be a complete one box solution like Taiko?
Thanks in advance.

plasmod3

Aug 28, 2020
Would be very interested to read about your “modifications“, etc. you brought in that got you to an ”exceptional level“. Regards
Modified cable looms for inside and the umbilicals from horizon cables ( small brand you will not find them online, they use vintage we stuff with modern materials). QSA gold fuse (which i had in my extreme as well before I moved it on)

Various noise damping measures

I use only spdif with the unit. Horizon power cable. Artesania absolute rack

Audire

VIP/Donor
Jan 18, 2019
FL Panhandle
Have you already tried Aurender with Roon or you just plan to? Also, do you have any details on how they will support Roon: will it be just Roon Ready or it will be a complete one box solution like Taiko?
Thanks in advance.

I haven’t tried it yet, Aurender is still testing it. But what I was told it is just a software update to current Aurender models (does not include older models). This update will make Aurender devices Roon Ready. No new boxes.

Last edited:
Reactions: abeidrov

bryans

VIP/Donor
Dec 26, 2017

Good for Aurender. Nothing wrong with giving users options. If one has an Aurender that supports Roon they can try it for themselves and make their own decision of which option is best for them.

gfroman

Dec 28, 2012
Can you share your "custom umbilical" cable??
Thanks!

zebo67

VIP/Donor
Apr 27, 2017
systems.audiogon.com
I am also interested in learning more about umbilicals cables. I did hear N20 with external (merging L-clock) and the upgrade in performance was far from subtle. So encouraging that I’m upgrading to N30SA very soon.

Reactions: Audire

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing