Audio Note M10. Anybody heard this Preamp?

jpetek

Feb 12, 2013
Hello,

I heard the M9 (UK). The preamp was wonderful. I am thinking what is the benefit of the M10???? The M9 sounds so good that I could not believe that the M10 should be better.

greetings

Josef

Last edited:

Peter Breuninger

[Industry Expert] Member Sponsor
Jul 20, 2010
I have this in for review. Not the M10, the M10 Signature. Not to the let the cat of the bag but this may be the most realistic sounding piece of audio equipment I've yet to audition. I'll keep everyone posted!

Image 111.jpg

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Sounds interesting, Peter! Look forward to reading more when you're done evaluating!

LL21

Dec 26, 2010

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Thanks, Wizard!

Namaste

Feb 20, 2013
If money is no object, the M10 Signature must be the ultimate preamp. I haven't listened to it yet but have heard the M10 and it is unbelievably good but there are 2 problems...1) the high gain means potential matching problems. (2) there is no remote control.

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
I have this in for review. Not the M10, the M10 Signature. Not to the let the cat of the bag but this may be the most realistic sounding piece of audio equipment I've yet to audition. I'll keep everyone posted!

View attachment 10827

a fun product to review I bet :p...$128K a little steep. :eek:I bet only single ended inputs too ?

Oh I see, it does have two balanced xlr inputs...I feel better now....

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
wizard said:
This is a unbalanced design, the balanced connectors are just for easy connecting with other balanced products.

More pics in the gallery - http://cybwiz.zenfolio.com/p215984721

A pseudo balanced connection is always a help , when considering a product . Many a times I have liked an amp , only to withdraw as it entailed changing my current leads at the time . If the designer provides a pseudo connection , I am assuming he believes that there won't be a dramatic performance drop , whatever the topology .

Last edited by a moderator:

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
A pseudo balanced connection is always a help , when considering a product . Many a times I have liked an amp , only to withdraw as it entailed changing my current leads at the time . If the designer provides a pseudo connection , I am assuming he believes that there won't be a dramatic performance drop , whatever the topology .

I believe Lew Johnson at CJ has been quoted as saying in most home environments, balanced is a 'solution looking for a problem', going on to explain it is not nearly as important as in a recording studio where there can be literally several dozen long cables (20-40 feet). Thus, the balanced tech is designed to avert grounding hums, etc. I am no techie, but I can say with only a few runs (3-10 feet and 1 long 25 foot run for the sub)...I am fortunate to have utter silence despite lots of gain in the system (26db, 31db preamp/amp and 95db sensitivity speakers). Actually, just looking at those numbers, fortunate indeed.

audioblazer

Member Sponsor
May 13, 2010
Malaysia
To me, it has the most realistic presentation I have ever heard. If there is 1 component I love to have its this preamp. However for the money AN is asking it looks shitty with below par chassis

Peter Breuninger

Jul 20, 2010
It's in the system and it's stunning.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
It's in the system and it's stunning.

You've heard quite a few SOTA preamps, including a few that come to mind, in your own system. Where do these rank, or are you able to say?

Peter Breuninger

Jul 20, 2010
I compare components to other components in my reviews :). I can only evaluate based on the associated equipment. The M10s opened up on the MBLs, perhaps system matching, perhaps break
in? I'll describe it all soon. The SMc VRE 1C is making an encore performance in early 2014, the Ypsilon is back at the importer's studio and can make a cameo if enough viewers ask :) They are all exceptional. If you have the resources, you should own all three.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing