Art Audio Jotas get Duelund transplants

Tam Lin

Mar 20, 2011
North Texas
My Jotas and Trios were acquired in 2000 and I enjoyed them for many years. In 2018, I noticed the Jotas were not up to par. At that time, 32B tubes were very hard to find so I decided to retire the Jotas. They were replaced with Coincident 300B Frankensteins. At that time, the Jotas had very little resale value and were relegated to storage.

Recently, I discovered two KR VV32B tubes and few extra Duelund JDM caps in the storage shed. I vaguely recall buying the tubes years ago to have as spares but I don’t remember the intended purpose of the caps. Be that as it may, I thought I’d give them a try in the Jotas replacing the EAT 32B and MusiCaps. After a few hours break-in, the Jotas proved to have better clarity, dynamics, and bass extension. Could be due to the increased power output, or bigger transformers, or who knows what. I’m glad I kept them. Now the Franks (with Duelund CAST) go into storage.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing