Any Klipschorn owners here?

RogerD

VIP/Donor
May 23, 2010
BiggestLittleCity
It's been over a week that I have lived with these Klipschorns and my first impressions haven't changed. After listening to.all sorts of music, these speakers are not perfect but for the money I spent on this used pair they I think are close to perfect.
The bass is amazing and with the other horns offers a very balanced presentation. These horns I find do nothing offensive, just the opposite as they draw me into the music.
The sqawker horn is now a composite construction ,no longer metal and it is very smooth.
The highs are very open and sound realistic
Overall I'm very happy to be listening to these every night.

RogerD

VIP/Donor
May 23, 2010
BiggestLittleCity
There definitely not perfect but they provide a lot of enjoyment in music.
They don't pinpoint image like my downstairs system. The bass is amazing for just 2 15" drivers and they provide just a awesome experience on classical,pipe organ and big band recordings. It is the weight or the foundation of the orchestra that is so enjoyable. That kind of experience people spend thousands of dollars to experience...for me it is priceless.
...my vote for the ultimate bedroom speaker.

Last edited:

RogerD

VIP/Donor
May 23, 2010
BiggestLittleCity
I found a pair of Klipsch Heresy series 6 speakers locally;couldn't resist. So now I have a bedroom full of Klipsch and they certainly fill the bedroom. The Khorns are still obviously the primary speakers.
The series 6 have the Hepner K52 midrange horn which uses the composite horn My Khorns use a composite horn also.
The series 6 aka the 1.5v was the last Heresy before the Heresy ll

Attachments

• 20210906_084225.jpg
    20210906_084225.jpg
    756.8 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_9050.jpg
    IMG_9050.jpg
    459 KB · Views: 5

Addicted to hifi

VIP/Donor
Sep 8, 2020
Australia
I found a pair of Klipsch Heresy series 6 speakers locally;couldn't resist. So now I have a bedroom full of Klipsch and they certainly fill the bedroom. The Khorns are still obviously the primary speakers.
The series 6 have the Hepner K52 midrange horn which uses the composite horn My Khorns use a composite horn also.
The series 6 aka the 1.5v was the last Heresy before the Heresy ll
Congratulations on the heresy.I have owned them before and they are a excellent speaker sounding very big considering there small size.

Reactions: RogerD

Addicted to hifi

VIP/Donor
Sep 8, 2020
Australia
I think your heresy has the same mid and hi drivers as the klipschorn. they did use the same drivers in the early heresys but with the make two they didn’t.

RogerD

VIP/Donor
May 23, 2010
BiggestLittleCity
I think your heresy has the same mid and hi drivers as the klipschorn. they did use the same drivers in the early heresys but with the make two they didn’t.
My 1989 Khorns have the composite lenses same as these heresys. The tried and true mid driver is the K55V mine is a K52 Hepner....the 52 is well thought of or so I've been told. I do like the fact that all four use the non metal lens...although I didn't plan it that way. All sound very good seperate and played together in a HT mode.

Reactions: Addicted to hifi

assessor43

Nov 1, 2018
A big horn speaker like that in the bedroom? Interesting. Being so close I would think they would not be as coherent as other speakers. I cannot remember sitting close to Klipsch Heritage loudspeakers.

Reactions: RogerD

RogerD

VIP/Donor
May 23, 2010
BiggestLittleCity
A big horn speaker like that in the bedroom? Interesting. Being so close I would think they would not be as coherent as other speakers. I cannot remember sitting close to Klipsch Heritage loudspeakers.
I certainly don't play them loud...although they don't overload the room. Now with the four Klipsch going they certainly can reach overload. The room is 16 x20 and there is a open area with a hallway and a large bath...so there is plenty of space for the sound to vent.
No complaints as I have been converted as far as horns...

Addicted to hifi

VIP/Donor
Sep 8, 2020
Australia
Many years ago I owned a pair of belle klipsch second hand from
the early 70s that I bought a new pair in 1990 and stacked them on top of each other.I actually liked the 70s Pair better.they were smoother sounding.

Reactions: Khorn

Khorn

Sep 21, 2021
…North York (Toronto) Canada
@ Khorn
Welcome in the in wbf .... take a seat in the Khorn club ....
One quid: did you change some (old) components in te (passif) X-over ?
Karel
(... happy owner oversized Khorn since '68 .....)
khorns are totally rewired with Cardas driver specific wiring. Haven’t touched the x-overs yet but could do so in future. Still very happy with them.

Reactions: Addicted to hifi

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing