Any Klipschorn owners here?

RogerD

VIP/Donor
May 23, 2010
BiggestLittleCity
No speakers are perfect but klipschorns are close to it.
You know I agree but mine are starting to exhibit qualities that i.really enjoy. I think.the setup.is really important with k horns. Tomorrow I'm going to break.out my carpenters level see how they.measure.
I can see that i can like.horn speakers very much.

Addicted to hifi

VIP/Donor
Sep 8, 2020
Australia
I have owned 2 pairs of klipschorn 2 pairs of la Scala 2 pairs of belle klipsch
You know I agree but mine are starting to exhibit qualities that i.really enjoy. I think.the setup.is really important with k horns. Tomorrow I'm going to break.out my carpenters level see how they.measure.
I can see that i can like.horn speakers very much.
yes they are room fussy.got to be the right dimensions.

RogerD

VIP/Donor
May 23, 2010
BiggestLittleCity
Some k-horn owners use a Belle Klipsch for a center speaker. Right now I don't think it would be necessary in my room. I have a very good phantom center image and both channels are becoming non directional on very good stereo FM....surprised me!

Reactions: Addicted to hifi

Addicted to hifi

VIP/Donor
Sep 8, 2020
Australia
I
Some k-horn owners use a Belle Klipsch for a center speaker. Right now I don't think it would be necessary in my room. I have a very good phantom center image and both channels are becoming non directional on very good stereo FM....surprised me!
I have a friend who uses a la Scala as a centre channel with his khorns and works very well.the khorns are 7 meters apart and the la Scala fills the gap up.

Reactions: RogerD

RogerD

VIP/Donor
May 23, 2010
BiggestLittleCity
These definitely fill the bedroom. I really like these. Different than what I'm use to with downstairs. Just as enjoyable and maybe more so. Did I just say that? Ok...so today's laundry day so don't mind the bed. 20210628_133108.jpg thumbnail (18).jpg thumbnail (19).jpg

Last edited:

RogerD

VIP/Donor
May 23, 2010
BiggestLittleCity
What a awesome speaker do have in a bedroom.
Especially in the West when the AC is running...probably 104 today.
I.adjusted the speaker placement and tightened up the image.
Listening to Diane Reeves and she just sounds wonderful.
You are right..they are my ultimate bedroom speaker. Tucked away.and just beautiful.to.look.at which is always nice.

RogerD

VIP/Donor
May 23, 2010
BiggestLittleCity
Reactions: Addicted to hifi

Triode Pete

Mar 1, 2016
Long Island, NY
www.triodewirelabs.com
I have vintage Brazilian Rosewood behemoths (KB-RO, 1974 Oiled Rosewood) that are now configured with Volti Audio horn components, very similar to Greg Roberts' top of the line Vittora loud speakers... An extremely refined horn loud speaker that images like crazy & does not require a "center-fill" speaker such as the Belle, Cornwall, LaScala or Heresy...

Cheers,
Pete

jeff1225

Jan 29, 2012
I have vintage Brazilian Rosewood behemoths (KB-RO, 1974 Oiled Rosewood) that are now configured with Volti Audio horn components, very similar to Greg Roberts' top of the line Vittora loud speakers... An extremely refined horn loud speaker that images like crazy & does not require a "center-fill" speaker such as the Belle, Cornwall, LaScala or Heresy...

Cheers,
Pete
Sounds like an amazing system. Can you post system pics? I most curious about the midrange horns on your upgraded Khorns.

Reactions: cal3713

cal3713

Nov 2, 2020
youtube.com

Cheers,
Pete
Would love to see them if you can snap a photo!

Triode Pete

Mar 1, 2016
Long Island, NY
www.triodewirelabs.com
Would love to see them if you can snap a photo!
The square horn tweeters (Italian-made) are on the outside part of the grill cloth. The very large wood midrange (hand-made by Volti) encompasses the large rectangular space next to the tweeter. It is a German-made driver with a "true" 2-inch throat...

Attachments

• K-horn system.JPG
    K-horn system.JPG
    531 KB · Views: 22
  • Left K-horn.JPG
    Left K-horn.JPG
    734.1 KB · Views: 21
  • Right K-horn.JPG
    Right K-horn.JPG
    801.4 KB · Views: 21

jeff1225

Jan 29, 2012
The square horn tweeters (Italian-made) are on the outside part of the grill cloth. The very large wood midrange (hand-made by Volti) encompasses the large rectangular space next to the tweeter. It is a German-made driver with a "true" 2-inch throat...
What German made driver are you using?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing