A Visit to AudioArts - NYC to hear CH Precision - FM Acoustics - Zellaton

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Attention Bonzo, we have a destination for you! :)

I have heard those speakers already. I have been trying to fix up with Gianluigi since his first post on the forum. There is a big treasure trove in Italy. He is also a friend of Pietro if you search on, my Yamamura thread

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
Dear Jack,
this speaker is made by a small italian company and one hour from my home.
This company always did since 40 year very top system for professional and is 10/13 years that do this for hifi
This is the only speaker actually do,its a 3 way with magnet in Maxalco,that is an alnico V with oriented crystal.
Its 100% all hand made in carbon fiber and ergal and also the driver are 100% made in the company.
The network is very simple at 6 db,and instead to use the top mundorf or similar,he use 480 very small capacitors for mid and 240 for tweeter put by hand one by one on a copper place.
So in this case is more fast
The efficiency is 98 db.
Is very good with CH,before i had Kondo M7 ksL with phono GE1 and 2 Souga to biamp,so very very good,but i prefer with CH
For speaker you can see website www.hiend.it
To give you an idea 2 my friend with Alexandria and Tad R1 are selling their speaker to buy this
You can sell this speaker in Philippines if you want,i think good match with CH,this for my taste

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
Hi Bonzo,
the speaker you listen from Pietro is near same.
I have the last version,having bought 2 years later Pietro,but this last version with this setup is really very good,always for me,because everyone has different idea or way to listen
according with their previous experience.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Hi Bonzo,
the speaker you listen from Pietro is near same.
I have the last version,having bought 2 years later Pietro,but this last version with this setup is really very good,always for me,because everyone has different idea or way to listen
according with their previous experience.

Great, looking forward to it

rsorren1

Sep 6, 2013
Dallas area

Gianluigi, thanks for posting a picture of your system. Looks like an amazing set-up in a beautiful listening space. FOUR CH Precision amps! NICE! Thanks for the information on your speakers. I've never heard or seen them before now. Finally, thanks for the invitation to visit you in Italy. I'm 100% Italiano so maybe I will come see you some time.

tunes

Member Sponsor
Nov 9, 2013
Gian,
Wow! 4 CH amps!
I feel lucky to have the M1 stereo but you've got some serious amp setup. with speakers that don't appear to need much power, they must not be driving hard at all.
Chris

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
How do I get in touch with Gideon on WBF? Is he on the forum? Or shall I email info@audioarts.co to set up an appointment again? I'll be in NYC soon.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
How do I get in touch with Gideon on WBF? Is he on the forum? Or shall I email info@audioarts.co to set up an appointment again? I'll be in NYC soon.

Email. I have been in touch with him over email, wanted to listen to the Stenheim last time I was in N.Y..but he hasn't received it by then

SterlingReznor

Aug 5, 2016
It's a good day at my house. Zellaton Grands arrived. I've not yet hooked them up, but taking a moment to relax and admire their beauty. Even without sound to produce, they are a beauty to behold, a presence of elegance and apparent unrestrained power. Cannot wait to hook them up to the ASR.

And while I'm on the subject, if you have not visited Audio Arts in Manhattan, you should. Gideon takes care of his people. It's a simple as that.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Sterling, do you by any chance live in NY yourself?

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London

rsorren1

Sep 6, 2013
Dallas area
It's a good day at my house. Zellaton Grands arrived. I've not yet hooked them up, but taking a moment to relax and admire their beauty. Even without sound to produce, they are a beauty to behold, a presence of elegance and apparent unrestrained power. Cannot wait to hook them up to the ASR.

And while I'm on the subject, if you have not visited Audio Arts in Manhattan, you should. Gideon takes care of his people. It's a simple as that.

SterlingReznor, it is a good day at your house indeed! Congratulations! Please update this thread with your impressions as you break-in your new ASR/Zellaton system. A picture or two of the new system would be great too. I echo your comments regarding Gideon and AudioArts in NYC. Gideon works with his clients and provides the level of service one should expect from a dealer who carries brands like ASR and Zellaton. The showroom on 5th Ave is one of the nicest I've ever been in. All the best.

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Update on Zellaton Emotions: one of the primary reasons I began my prior search for new speakers was because of the overwhelming bass the previous ones. Maybe in the right room, they would've worked well. But in my small (8 x 12) room, 10 inch woofers were simply too much. No amount of room treatment or placement technique could eliminate the over emphasis and swollen lower frequencies. Before that, I had monitors with 5.25" "woofers" and that simply wasn't enough. I'm happy to report that after many hours of listening, the Zellaton Emotions are the sweet spot. It is somewhat surprising how much bass the 7 inch drivers can generate, and more importantly, generate precisely and accurately. As I previously reported, these are very linear speakers and the bass notes are, to my ears, perfectly in line with that description. Some might look at the specs and think that 45 Hz means the speakers won't go low enough. For those who listen to pipe organs and a few other somewhat obscure instruments, that may be true. But pull up an instrument frequency chart and youll see that there aren't many instruments that produce frequencies below 45 Hz. In the end, that means that I am missing out on a very small slice of very deep frequencies (assuming my ears can hear them), but I'm happy to sacrifice that for the accuracy presented by the Emotions – particularly because of their other overwhelming positive characteristics. I recognize that others will disagree and either insist upon a truly full range speaker or the addition of a subwoofer. But for my room, the Emotions' bass response is "just right."

At the risk of impairing my credibility, I'll make one additional point. As I said previously in one of my prior posts, I am more of a "music lover" than an "audiophile" (although at some level, this distinction seems a bit ridiculous). Nonetheless, as a result, the vast majority of my catalog is 16/44 rather than Hi-Rez. I've downloaded some stuff from the likes of HDTracks and I'll admit that much of it is better. I will also admit that a bad recording is simply a bad recording, and that's how it's going to sound on almost any gear. But I also have to say that the Emotions do an outstanding job of making almost anything pleasurable to listen to. When my local record/CD shop closes, and given the current market, it inevitably will, I will no doubt turn to Hi Rez as the "state of the art,". But it's not something I feel is necessary for true musical enjoyment when listening to the Emotions.

SterlingReznor, Congrats on a great system!!! I am interested in the size of your listening room being 8' X 12' that you mentioned above. How about some pics? Would love to see those Z's and the DZ in your room. Do you have the Zellatons on the long or short wall?

You had the Emotions in the 8 X 12 room, I would not think that your new Grands are in the 8 X 12 room, right? Let's see some pics and again good luck with the new Grands!

Last edited:

tunes

Member Sponsor
Nov 9, 2013
Sterling,
Congrats on the zellaton grands. I've heard a few zellatons and was impressed. Curious to hear your impressions as you break them in.
I concur with your note about Gideon at AA. He has been an A+ dealer for me to work with.
Chris

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Sterling,
Congrats on the zellaton grands. ... Curious to hear your impressions as you break them in....
Chris

+1...definitely would like to read more about these speakers. Congrats and enjoy.

SterlingReznor

Aug 5, 2016
SterlingReznor, Congrats on a great system!!! I am interested in the size of your listening room being 8' X 12' that you mentioned above. How about some pics? Would love to see those Z's and the DZ in your room. Do you have the Zellatons on the long or short wall?

You had the Emotions in the 8 X 12 room, I would not think that your new Grands are in the 8 X 12 room, right? Let's see some pics and again good luck with the new Grands!

Let's see if I can post a few pictures. The first will be the system as it existed with the Emotions and get Musical Fidelity NuVista 800 integrated. The second shows the Grands sans the MF. It's replacement, the ASR, is somewhere between here and Germany, but heading this way. Break and will begin after the holidays.

Some are going to think that these speakers are far too large for a room my size. I get that. Maybe they will be. I won't know for sure until I give them some time. I have had speakers in that room almost of identical size, and they worked. Stay tuned! Updates to come.

Emotions

IMG_0328-1.JPG

Grands

IMG_0444.JPG

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Let's see if I can post a few pictures. The first will be the system as it existed with the Emotions and get Musical Fidelity NuVista 800 integrated. The second shows the Grands sans the MF. It's replacement, the ASR, is somewhere between here and Germany, but heading this way. Break and will begin after the holidays.

Some are going to think that these speakers are far too large for a room my size. I get that. Maybe they will be. I won't know for sure until I give them some time. I have had speakers in that room almost of identical size, and they worked. Stay tuned! Updates to come.

Emotions

View attachment 30114

Grands

View attachment 30115

Sterling,

Thank you! Looks like a nice comfy cozy room. Congrats.....gorgeous Z's...both pair.

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing