New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Celtics win. Revives old school rivalry with The Process where we lead 12-6. :)

Should be an interesting series with the 76ers on the rise.

I rooted for the Celtics in the old days because I liked John Havilcek. I lived in the Philadelphia area for 12 years and my daughter lives there now. So, I am a little bit torn in this series.

Switching gears, I am reading Elgin Baylor's new book called Hang Time. Great read. Long time Laker and Clipper's GM for 22 years.

Last edited:

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
The rest of the Cavs finally show up and they end Indiana's year. Looking forward to the Toronto-Cleveland series. Looks like it will be a long grind.

I am also looking forward to the O vs D showdown between the Rockets and the Jazz.

I'm stoked about the 76ers. I did call them right here when they drafted Embiid. Not to thrilled that they are going up against an injury riddled Celtics squad. It would have been a dream to have both teams at full strength albeit that might have meant a very short series to end the 76ers season.

I think the Pelicans might win a game or two. I'm a huge AD fan but my NY and Bay Area raised wife will skin anybody in our house not cheering for the dubs LOL

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator

I rooted for the Celtics in the old days because I liked John Havilcek. I lived in the Philadelphia area for 12 years and my daughter lives there now. So, I am a little bit torn in this series.

Switching gears, I am reading Elgin Baylor's new book called Hang Time. Great read. Long time Laker and Clipper's GM for 22 years.

I thought the Pacers had the better team bet the Cavs has the best player

The Pacers have a good future

Not sure what the future holds for the Cavs

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines

I'm hoping that they're young pieces will continue to improve. Turner is taking time but at least he's going inn the right direction. I have my eyes out for GR3's return and the development of Leaf. Even without any roster changes they could be very deep. I still think that McMillan is an average coach however and that this is his ceiling.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

I rooted for the Celtics in the old days because I liked John Havilcek.

One of the immortal Celtics heroes. ) And that Johnny Most screaming out of his throat 'Havlicek stole the ball...' happened during an Eastern finals with the SIXERS in 1965, Game 7 for the Finals Berth. Oh boy, there is really a big rivalry with these 2 teams. I grew up watching Celtics wars with Dr. J, Chocolate Thunder Darryl Dawkins, and Boston Strangler Andrew Toney. The only Sixer I liked then was Bobby Jones, quite a gentleman player.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC

Not sure what the future holds for the Cavs
IMO LeBron has fulfilled has obligation there. He should never have gone back there. I am not sure what his next move should be. The question is whether Cleveland is prepared to build a team around him. He definitely sucks the air out of the room. It is not likely he will get a Kevin Durant level player to play with him.
It is all about championships. He needs somebody great is willing to be his lieutenant in order to win a championship. When and where will that player be available?

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Good start for the C's, notching game 1 with tremendous offensive power from Scary Terry Rozier, Rookie Tatum, and Big Al. Starter Brown was in street clothes healing his hamstring. Big game by Embiid and Simmons as well, just happy we got to be on top of this one. I'm beginning to think that Coach Stevens has a 'procedure' to counter 'the process'. :)

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Celtics looked good tonight and thumped the 76ers.

Brad Stevens is a heck of a coach. Looks like a teenager, coaches like a master.

Ronm1

Member Sponsor
Feb 21, 2011
wtOMitMutb NH
^ Rozier could not miss from three, can he do that again. Tatum seems to have gotten a second wind after hitting the rookie wall a few weeks ago.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
^ Rozier could not miss from three, can he do that again. Tatum seems to have gotten a second wind after hitting the rookie wall a few weeks ago.
I saw an interesting stat, that Tatum is the only Celtics rookie after Larry Bird to score 28 points in a playoff game. I have high hopes for the guy, he could create his own offense.

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
After listening to all the experts talk all day about how Utah couldn't beat Houston, they just beat the Rockets in Houston to even up the series at 1 - 1. Quin Snyder is quite a coach for the Jazz.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
After listening to all the experts talk all day about how Utah couldn't beat Houston, they just beat the Rockets in Houston to even up the series at 1 - 1. Quin Snyder is quite a coach for the Jazz.

Yup, and Utah is going home for 2 games, a very noisy and fervent crowd out there. Rubio still resting his hamstring, and tonight Joe Ingles played a great game. Jazz has some good materials there, and rookie Mitchell even had a sub par game. It will be interesting how d'Antoni tries to stop this fluid machine that Snyder has built.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
And the Celtics better watch it for Game 2, they are 3 points underdog against the Sixers. Embiid despite the game 1 loss, played a magnificent game with 31 points. Jaylen Brown is doubtful again with a hamstring injury. C's are playing with a couple of legs now, if they are dogs. :)

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Raptors lost another game at home to the Cavs giving Cleveland a 2 - 0 lead in the series. Didn't expect that.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Raptors lost another game at home to the Cavs giving Cleveland a 2 - 0 lead in the series. Didn't expect that.

I always root for them only to see them lose against Cleveland, all the time, so this is nothing new. It's the same old 2 guard team, Lowry and deRozan, and they always disappear against the Cavs. Sweep time.

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
When I turned on the Celtic game in the first half they were down by 22 points. Seemed to me that was a deep hole.

By half time they cut the lead to 4 (I think) and they ended up winning the game vs the 76ers.

That was impressive.

Last edited:

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
An improbable win in an improbable run by the Celtics this season. They were down by 20 early in the 2nd Q and I went out to drop my daughter to work nearby, thinking when I come back it would be 30. I opened the espn.com and saw just a 2 point lead by Philly early in the 3rd and thought that ESPN had gone haywire. Boy, what a resilient team effort, and the last play, big slow Al Horford outrun young big Embiid for a clutch layup. Amazing.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
When I turned on the Celtic game in the first half they were down by 22 points. Seemed to me that was a deep hole.

By half time they cut the lead to 4 (I think) and the ended up winning the game vs the 76ers.

That was impressive.

You just posted slightly ahead of me, Mike. :)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing