New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Steve Ballmer, his wife Connie and the Clippers Foundation donated $10,000,000 to the LA Parks and Recreation Department to renovate over 300 indoor and outdoor basketball courts throughout Los Angeles. Nice move by the Ballmers and the team.

Clippers take on the Spurs tonight at Staples Center with LAC still 2 games out of a playoff spot.

5 games left and 2 games out, Clips need a winning streak at the finish line.

Admirable for the Ballmers to do that.

I suddenly lost some steam in following the league, so many big name injuries, some of the games are being played with bench players. :(

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
5 games left and 2 games out, Clips need a winning streak at the finish line.

Admirable for the Ballmers to do that.

I suddenly lost some steam in following the league, so many big name injuries, some of the games are being played with bench players. :(

It has been harder for me to maintain my enthusiasm as well. Clippers are a totally different team now than at the beginning of the season.

Given all the changes and all of the injuries they have done better that I had any reason to expect.

I'm OK if they don't make the playoffs. They had a good run. I will look forward to improvements this off season and hope Jerry West still has a few tricks up his sleeve.

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Amazing finish to the Clippers - Spurs game.....and the short-handed Clippers pulled out a victory 113-110. The last 30 seconds must have take 10 minutes to play.

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Clippers led for a total of 48 seconds in the game. Old friends Doc and Pop exchanged smiles and a hug after the game.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Amazing finish to the Clippers - Spurs game.....and the short-handed Clippers pulled out a victory 113-110. The last 30 seconds must have take 10 minutes to play.

Amazing, I was thinking Clips lost this one, will watch the highlights later.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Clippers led for a total of 48 seconds in the game. Old friends Doc and Pop exchanged smiles and a hug after the game.

It's safe to say Pop is friendlier to fellow coaches than sportscasters. :)

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Sorry to hear that Kyrie Irving will miss the playoffs for the Celtics. I know how it feels to lose key players for the playoffs and it is a rotten situation.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Sorry to hear that Kyrie Irving will miss the playoffs for the Celtics. I know how it feels to lose key players for the playoffs and it is a rotten situation.

That’s a bitter pill to swallow.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
From a bright opening of the season, injuries have dimmed the Celtics' chances for any success this season. We Celtics fans have pretty much given up title aspirations the moment Hayward went down. And with this dagger news, we have simply just got to look forward to next season. And the latest blur is hearing Jalen Rose come up with a scenario wherein the Celtics trade for Kawhi Leonard who possesses a very mysterious quad injury and has not played most of the season. If that actually happens, next season we will have a big 3 of just injured or rehabbing superstars. My feelings are mixed now.

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Clippers just lost to the Nuggets so the Clippers are officially eliminated from the playoffs.

Looking forward to what the team can do over the off season.

No bad feelings on my part. The team, given all of the changes and turmoil, did better than could have been reasonably expected.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Clippers just lost to the Nuggets so the Clippers are officially eliminated from the playoffs.

Looking forward to what the team can do over the off season.

No bad feelings on my part. The team, given all of the changes and turmoil, did better than could have been reasonably expected.

True, looking at the roster, I could only recognize a handful of 'name' players. Not a bad job by Doc considering all the lineup changes. It's not easy.

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
I would not be surprised to see the Clippers make a coaching change - a clean sweep to start over.

The irony is that Doc probably did his best job of coaching this year given what he had to work with.

The one year he may have been better is the year of the Donald Sterling fiasco when he held the team together.

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Good timing. I just turned on the Dan Patrick Show and he was interviewing Kobe just as you posted about the Lakers.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I read a couple of days ago about a 32 year old rookie who made a sizzling debut for the Lakers on the last game of the team, one Andre Ingram. Interesting.

April to June madness begins in a few days. Lots of eyes will be on the finally 'processed' Sixers, who finished 3rd in the East and will be tested by the Heat. Simmons should be a hands down choice for Rookie of the Year. Celtics will host the Bucks without Irving, Smart, and of course, Hayward. Tough to watch.

WEST:
1. Rockets vs. 8. Timberwolves

4. Thunder vs. 5. Jazz

3. Blazers vs. 6. Pelicans

2. Warriors vs. 7. Spurs

EAST:
1. Raptors vs. 8. Wizards

4. Cavaliers vs. 5. Pacers

3. 76ers vs. 6. Heat

2. Celtics vs. 7. Bucks

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
I read a couple of days ago about a 32 year old rookie who made a sizzling debut for the Lakers on the last game of the team, one Andre Ingram. Interesting.

I saw Ingram interviewed after the game on TNT. That was a true feel good story. Glad the guy got to play in the NBA. He paid his dues.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Good article on ESPN about Doc Rivers, good and bad, warts and all. The author, Kevin Arnovitz, years ago wrote often about the Clippers and was one of my go to sources for team info so he knows the Clippers well.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23092424/nba-did-doc-rivers-make-los-angeles-clippers-break-them

Lost in all the excitement of the 2008 title celebration, I did not even know till now that Doc didn't join the celebration. Well, he missed a really good one, an experience of a lifetime. I really don't know what was going in his head then too. Since he didn't like rebuilds, some team might be interested in him?

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
GS vs SA in the first round, sounds boring without Curry and Kawhi. But there are murmurs that Kawhi might do a Willis Reed by Game 3. That would be fun. :D

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing