New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Clippers are playing the Pelicans tonight at Staples.

When Anthony Davis hit 4 3 pointers in the 3rd quarter you know the home team is in trouble.

But LAC are making a 4th quarter run and have pulled within 3 with 7 minutes left.

Clippers are scrappy and play hard so they are still fun to watch even though their talent is diminished.

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Anthony Davis took charge at the end of the game to put it away for the Pelicans, 121 - 116. He is an outstanding ball player.

AD finished with 42 points and 13 rebounds.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Anthony Davis took charge at the end of the game to put it away for the Pelicans, 121 - 116. He is an outstanding ball player.

AD finished with 42 points and 13 rebounds.

And the Pelicans are ranked No.4 in the Western standings, even without Cousins.

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Derrick Rose has joined the Timberwolves.

Perhaps Thibs can help him get his act together and contribute to the team.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Clippers beat LeBron and the Cavaliers last night 116 - 102 in LA.

Saw highlights of that game. Doc is getting good mileage from erstwhile unheard of players like Harrell, Thornwell, and a Euro redwood tree who was dunking without jumping. :D

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Saw highlights of that game. Doc is getting good mileage from erstwhile unheard of players like Harrell, Thornwell, and a Euro redwood tree who was dunking without jumping. :D

Many Clipper fans thought Doc was not a good coach. This year is his best performance as a coach since he joined LAC, taking little known players, even G-Leaugers, and carving out a winning record.

No title hopes for the team but the Clippers have been fun to watch this year as they play hard every game and have managed to win more than they lose.

Sometimes even I have to look at the roster to remember the names of the players though. :)

Steve Williams

The big news is the Raptors are for real as they defeated the Rockets ending their 17 game win streak but so also did the Blazers beat the Warriors

Just when the Lakers look like they are going to finish above 500 they again lose to the Nuggets who closed out the win with a big surge at the end

The Finals will be very interesting with a lot of newer younger teams making the playoffs

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
I was one who wasn't convinced the Raptors were for real but that was a great win over the Rockets.

For the Warriors, looks like Stephen Curry's ankle is bothering him again, too.

Hope we do see some new teams do well in the playoffs this year.

Cavs - Warriors is getting old.

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
I'd be OK with the Raptors or the Celtics out of the East.

Haven't liked the Rockets for a while since I have never been a James Harden fan. Can't really bring myself to root for Chris Paul yet either for some strange reason. :)

Rockets are the obvious choice in the West if the Warriors falter though. Even I can't deny that.

So, if the Warriors or Rockets come out of the West (that seems unavoidable), I would have to root for the underdog East team in the finals.

However, Warriors - Rockets series for the Western Conference title would be fun to watch. Scores in those games could total over 300 points.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
A Raptors - Cavaliers second round matchup would be nice. :)

Toronto has always been strong the last few years, except that Lowry usually seem to disappear come playoff time. The tandem of Lowry and DeRozan can play long minutes in a game, and in their bench, I virtually do not know anybody. Their first 5 is solid.

It is very hard to limit the points off the Rockets. Like the Warriors, it is well oiled shooting machine.

I would not count out Cleveland just yet, as Love and Tristan are still on the injured list. LeBron claims he has a different mindset come playoffs.

My forecast is Raptors-Warriors, and the Bay Area fans walk the parade again. :)

Steve Williams

Im surprised no one commented about the Lakers win over the Cavs

Since the trade the Lakers are doing terrific and IT is playing well. I feel sorry for the kid

And tonight the Lakers defeat the Nuggets bringing them to just a few games under .500

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
That was a nice win the Lakers had over the Cavs the other day. :)

In other news, the Clippers defeated the Bulls tonight to move into 7th place in the West after going 7 - 3 in their last 10 games.

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Clippers play the Rockets tonight in Houston and then take on Thunder tomorrow night in OKC. Both games are on NBA TV.

Tough back-to-back scheduling for LAC. Hopeful but not confident of victory.

Clippers have ordered sand bags to strengthen their visiting team locker room doors to protect against another Rockets post-game invasion. ;)

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Clippers played them tough but still ended up losing 101 - 96. That evens the season series at 2 - 2.

Former Clipper Eric Gordon dropped 7 three pointers on LAC.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing