New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
There really were a lot of NBA greats there......except for Phil

Well, yeah, I missed it, cuz I was busy following the Celtics - Pacers game. LOL

But seriously, I was thinking it was odd that PJ wasn't there, as he preferred to tweet his kudos to Kobe and stayed in his ranch.

The retirement of 2 numbers is a first and indeed a testament to Kobe's magnificent career with the Lakers. He deserves all the accolades given to his dedication and loyalty to the Lakers organization.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Well, yeah, I missed it, cuz I was busy following the Celtics - Pacers game. LOL

But seriously, I was thinking it was odd that PJ wasn't there, as he preferred to tweet his kudos to Kobe and stayed in his ranch.

The retirement of 2 numbers is a first and indeed a testament to Kobe's magnificent career with the Lakers. He deserves all the accolades given to his dedication and loyalty to the Lakers organization.

I don't think Hoosiers like Bogdan right now LOL

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I don't think Hoosiers like Bogdan right now LOL

I guess not. :D Just embrace the ball and wait for a foul with 8 seconds left. But we greenies were hoping he would throw the ball up, and he really did. :)

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
You had 6 guys on the court. A leprechaun poked his butt! LOL

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
You had 6 guys on the court. A leprechaun poked his butt! LOL

Haha. Well, it can't be the spirit of Red cuz it wasn't in the Garden. :D

Watching some replay highlights of the last few seconds, the White Mamba (there is such a thing in Celtics lore - ex-C Brian Scalabrine, now a commentator) predicted that last 'diamond defensive trap', wherein Rozier is going to be the 'free safety', with 3 more guards hounding who will get the ball. Bognan was a bit open to receive the pass, and Shane Larkin, who just checked in game for that play, lunged at Bognan and leaving Ola, making him think that Ola was open at center court, when in fact, all along, free safety Rozier was the back anticipating such a pass. And came the steal and the dunk. Very clever design by Brad and the coaches.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
EXTREMELY clever! Hats off to the guys in Green.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Finally, the Lakers come up big as they defeat the Rockets in Houston tonight. They played well and can hang with the top tier teams only to usually lose in the last few minutes of every game

Great way to end the Rockets 14 game win streak in spite of being terrible from the FT line

122-116

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Finally, the Lakers come up big as they defeat the Rockets in Houston tonight. They played well and can hang with the top tier teams only to usually lose in the last few minutes of every game

Great way to end the Rockets 14 game win streak in spite of being terrible from the FT line

122-116

Nice win for the Lakers, especially on the road. For some reason I find myself rooting against Houston. :)

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Clippers vs Rockets tonight in Houston.

Both Chris Paul and Blake Griffin will miss the game with injuries.......sounds so very familiar. :(

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Clippers beat the Rockets. It is a Christmas miracle!
I saw parts of the game and Austin was having a great night. If only he is consistent with it.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
And did I just see Eric Gordon with a very very clear layup path and he made a wrap around pass to a teammate for a corner 3 point attempt. Boy, the plays in basketball are turning upside down.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I didn't even know these 2 NBA greats had a long feud. I knew they were best friends even in those Finals wars. But it is good to see them patch up.

And Jalen Rose and Chris Weber too? Heard this only about now.

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
I remember the Dream Team snub but didn't realize that Magic and Thomas hadn't patched things up.

The issue between Jalen and Weber go back to their days at the University of Michigan, a crooked booster and a massive payoff scandal. Both of those guys were great basketball players and they have both have had success in broadcasting since they retired so one would hope they can resolve their issues as well. Sounds like Weber is the one who won't put down his sword.

Being an Ohio State fan, I was not unhappy when the scandal at Michigan erupted back in the day. Different perspective today. I like to listen to both Jalen and CWeb.

Since then Ohio State has gone through a scandal or two as well.

That Fab 5 30 for 30 show was excellent, too.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I remember the Dream Team snub but didn't realize that Magic and Thomas hadn't patched things up.

The issue between Jalen and Weber go back to their days at the University of Michigan, a crooked booster and a massive payoff scandal. Both of those guys were great basketball players and they have both have had success in broadcasting since they retired so one would hope they can resolve their issues as well. Sounds like Weber is the one who won't put down his sword.

Being an Ohio State fan, I was not unhappy when the scandal at Michigan erupted back in the day. Different perspective today. I like to listen to both Jalen and CWeb.

Since then Ohio State has gone through a scandal or two as well.

That Fab 5 30 for 30 show was excellent, too.
Interesting.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Incredible game as Boston came back from a 26 point deficit to beat Houston by 1! Totally conscious comeback. Harden committed 2 charging fouls of Smart to ensure a win in the last few seconds.

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
That is an incredible come back for the Celtics. Have to admit I have begun rooting against the Rockets.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing