New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Cavs short mean streak halted by the Pacers, who are slowly getting into the picture and only 3 games behind the 8th placer in the East. Bird mentioned that Paul George may see action if the Pacers make the playoffs. Hibbert apparently is back to his old self, this time giving LeBron a big shot to the abdomen area for a Flagrant 1.

Clippers blew a 20 point lead and lost to the Raptors. Doc must not be feeling good lately about his team.

The Hawks won their showdown in the best of the NBA, beating the Warriors for the best record in the league.

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
After dropping 4 in a row on the road, the Clippers beat Dallas in Dallas and Houston at home to give the team some hope.

Blake Griffin will be out at least 3 weeks after elbow surgery for a staph infection. D'Andre Jordan has really stepped up since Blake's injury. In the last two games DJ has averaged over 20 points and over 20 rebounds per game.

Still don't think its the Clippers' year but they have definitely stepped it up the last two games. Hope they can continue playing better basketball.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
After dropping 4 in a row on the road, the Clippers beat Dallas in Dallas and Houston at home to give the team some hope.

Blake Griffin will be out at least 3 weeks after elbow surgery for a staph infection. D'Andre Jordan has really stepped up since Blake's injury. In the last two games DJ has averaged over 20 points and over 20 rebounds per game.

Still don't think its the Clippers' year but they have definitely stepped it up the last two games. Hope they can continue playing better basketball.

one has to wonder with all their man power why they have struggled all year

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
one has to wonder with all their man power why they have struggled all year

My opinion is that the Clippers have a significant weakness at the 3 (SF) and, aside from Jamal Crawford, poor bench play.

Spencer Hawes, their primary offseason acquisition, has been OK but has not played to the level expected. Jordan Farmar was a bust as PG backup and is playing in Turkey now.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
The reason why LeBron doesn't want to join the dunk contest. :D

LavVne must have trained in the Jet Propulsion Laboratory. :D

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Suns ship out Dragic and Isaiah Thomas. Must be thinking of rebuild.

The NBA exploded in one of the craziest trade deadlines ever — here's the full list of deals
Business Insider
By Tony Manfred and William Scott Davis 3 hours ago

There were deals involving dozens of players from nearly half the teams in the league. The biggest stars to move were Goran Dragic (to the Heat), Enes Kanter (to the Thunder), and Brandon Knight (to the Suns). Elsewhere, the Philadelphia 76ers flipped a bunch of assets for picks.

Here's a complete rundown of the trades being reported (updating):
Goran Dragic to the Miami Heat from the Denver Nuggets in a three-team deal:

Miami gets: Goran Dragic, Zoran Dragic
Phoenix gets: Â Danny Granger, Justin Hamilton, John Salmons, two 1st-round picks
New Orleans gets: Norris Cole (per ESPN), Shawne Williams (per Woj)

Enes Kanter to the Oklahoma City Thunder, Reggie Jackson to the Detroit Pistons in a three-team deal:

Oklahoma City gets: Enes Kanter, Kyle Singler, D.J. Augustin, Steve Novak
Utah gets: Kendrick Perkins, Grant Jerrett, protected future Oklahoma City 1st-round pick, Detroit 2nd-round pick, rights to Tibor Pleiss (per ESPN)
Detroit gets: Reggie Jackson

The Suns, Sixers, Bucks, and Celtics engage in a massive four-team trade:

Phoenix gets: Brandon Knight, Marcus Thorton, Cleveland's 2016 1st-round pick (per Woj)
Philadelphia gets: Los Angeles Lakers 2015 1st-round pick (top-five protected)
Milwaukee gets: Michael Carter-Williams, Miles Plumlee, Tyler Ennis
Boston gets: Isaiah Thomas

Arron Afflalo to the Portland Trail Blazers from the Denver Nuggets:

Portland gets: Arron Afflalo, Alonzo Gee
Denver gets: Will Barton, Victor Claver, Thomas Robinson, lottery-protected 2016 1st-round pick

Kevin Garnett to the Minnesota Timberwolves from the Brooklyn Nets:

Minnesota gets: Kevin Garnett
Brooklyn gets: Thaddeus Young

Tayshaun Prince to the Detroit Pistons from the Boston Celtics:

Detroit gets: Tayshaun Prince
Boston gets: Jonas Jerebko, Gigi Datome

JaVale McGee to the Philadelphia 76ers from the Denver Nuggets:

Philadelphia gets: JaVale McGee, Oklahoma City Thunder's 2015 1st-round pick (top-18 protected), Chu Chu Maduabum
Denver gets: Cenk Akyol

K.J. McDaniels to the Houston Rockets from the Philadelphia 76ers:

Houston gets: K.J. McDaniels
Philadelphia gets: Isaiah Canaan, 2nd-round pick

Ramon Sessions to the Washington Wizards from the Sacramento Kings:

Washington gets: Ramon Sessions
Sacramento gets: Andre Miller

Pablo Prigioni to the Houston Rockets from the New York Knicks:

Rockets get: Pablo Prigioni
Knicks get: Alexey Shved, two 2nd-round picks

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
OKC firms up its lineup with Enis Kanter at center, to help the dynamic duo plus young Deion Waiters waiting to bloom. Pretty solid Thunders team.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Full circle for KG

So Phil, what do you think of your new Celtics?

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Full circle for KG

So Phil, what do you think of your new Celtics?

Yeah Jack, back home for KG. Though this should be his last season, I feel.

New Celtics are young, vibrant, and have up and coming talents. We've got a good, young frontline in Sullinger, Olynyk and Zeller. One of them could be traded for a 'big' star. We have Evan Turner who is actually only 4 years into the league. A creator of shots, he never was able to do that in the 'team' concept of the Pacers. Ainge did well in getting young Isaiah Thomas who has now made a name for himself, and Avery Bradley and rookie bull-strong guard will alternate in the 2. I feel Ainge will make his move come end of season when Free Agency arises (as he has a ton of 1st round draft picks for sign and trade scenarios), and 2 big names will make the C's strong again. And guess what, C's only 1 or 2 games out of 8th spot. I think the tanking season is over. Full steam ahead! :D

Does anyone have a better job than Gerald Wallace who earns $10.1m a year for playing a few minutes every month, and cheer the boys every now and then?

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Good question! Who ARE the most highly paid benchwarmers?

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

rblnr

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ
OKC firms up its lineup with Enis Kanter at center, to help the dynamic duo plus young Deion Waiters waiting to bloom. Pretty solid Thunders team.

I think Kanter is a great pickup for OKC, makes them much tougher.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Watching the highlight clips of new Celtic Isaiah Thomas, I like what I see. Pint size but razor sharp slasher and CAN shoot, unlike Rondo. :D This lefty reminds me of Tiny Archibald who won us a title in 1981. We just need to trade for a Larry Bird wannabe. :D

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Clippers play the Kings tonight in LA. Won't be able to watch the game as we are going to the Arizona - UCLA basketball game tonight. Arizona basketball is the big sports deal here in Tucson.

Wish George Karl well in his return to NBA coaching duties with the Kings - just not tonight against my Clips.

Demarcus Cousins should do well with Blake Griffin sidelined. Have to hope DJ, Big Baby (and maybe even Spencer Hawes) get Cousins to lose his temper for a technical foul or two.

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Clippers hammered the Kings last night. Star of the game was......Austin Rivers with 28 points. Guess I'll have to reconsider my opinion of Doc's kid.

Best news of the game was the Andre Miller played poorly for the Kings. He is one of my least favorite players in the NBA.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Clippers hammered the Kings last night. Star of the game was......Austin Rivers with 28 points. Guess I'll have to reconsider my opinion of Doc's kid.

Best news of the game was the Andre Miller played poorly for the Kings. He is one of my least favorite players in the NBA.

I thought that 28 points from Austin was misprint. :D And he made a breakaway dunk too. The father's motivation.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
My college classmate posted that he will be in the Staples Center watching his first NBA game (Lakers). I replied that I don't envy him since I'm a Celtics fan. He said he's a Celtics fan too and the Celtics are coming to town. Dang, now I envy him. :D

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Hope your buddy has a great time at the Lakers - Celtics game. Staples Center is a great venue and there's lots of stuff to do nearby.

Only problem is getting there. I never knew if the drive was going to be 45 minutes or 2 1/2 hours - worst case being when there was rain.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Hope your buddy has a great time at the Lakers - Celtics game. Staples Center is a great venue and there's lots of stuff to do nearby.

Celtics lost a good one in OT. Our tiny Isaiah poured in 21 points off the bench, he's a good point producer but a hot head as he was ejected for slamming the ball on the court after an offensive foul.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing