New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Does anyone think Derek Fisher is a good coach or is he in over his head

It's a tough job for him to begin with, and now he's having tough luck with Melo, Amare, and Bargnani injured. So it's hard to say whether he's a good coach or not. The circumstances are not creating bright spots for him, specially injuries and now trades that got rid of JR Smith and Shumpert, for virtually nothing in return. The next question will be, is Phil Jackson a good President or not. :)

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
It's a tough job for him to begin with, and now he's having tough luck with Melo, Amare, and Bargnani injured. So it's hard to say whether he's a good coach or not. The circumstances are not creating bright spots for him, specially injuries and now trades that got rid of JR Smith and Shumpert, for virtually nothing in return. The next question will be, is Phil Jackson a good President or not. :)

you're right on Phil

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Talk about amazing, Detroit shocks the defending champions tonight. Stan van Gundy's stroke of genius in waiving Josh Smith is reaping fruits. Pistons actually has quite a solid core. Josh may become the next Odom.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Have been away for a while with lots of visitors for Christmas and New Years. Also was busy following the Ohio State Buckeyes rise up and take the College Football National Championship! That was quite a delightful surprise.

My Clippers have been treading water - nice win over Portland recently but otherwise not looking great. They play LeBron and the Cavaliers tonight.

Not sure what Doc is doing trading for his son, Austin. That puts a lot of pressure on both Doc and his kid and may disrupt team chemistry, too.

Clippers still need a SF without much in the way of cap room or trade chips. Hope they don't give up Jamal Crawford as he is one of my favorite players on the team. Jamal and Steve Ballmer are buddies from Seattle, too.

We'll see what happens - Clippers don't look to be in championship form thus far and the West is stacked. Warriors still looking like the best in the West.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Not sure what Doc is doing trading for his son, Austin. That puts a lot of pressure on both Doc and his kid and may disrupt team chemistry, too.

Doc took out 3 players including Jordan Farmar to get his son in. As this is the first time for such a father son tandem to happen in the NBA, all eyes on what will happen. On the bright side, it could be that the young Rivers may suddenly play inspired ball, ala Linsanity, :D or at worst, play like his Pelican-self. It's a gamble. I think Doc has little to offer to get a reliable SF veteran. It should have been Paul Pierce, who is now doing 13ppg for the Wizards,

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
You are correct - Paul Pierce would have been a great pickup for the Clippers. Pierce grew up in LA, too. I wish they had him.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Korver's FG Stats are INSANE.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
How about the Hawks with 13 in a row and now same number of wins as GSW

Well, my guess is that they've played a lot of Eastern aka doormat teams. :D

Though Teague can run amuck any game, and Hawks have the league's best Defense.

Playoff time, my bet is still on Bulls vs Cleveland. Cavs better start climbing to get the home court advantage.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
And should I say this is where the Spurs is most admirable. Tim Duncan came in the league about the time of Kobe and Kevin Garnett, but it looks like Tim is not close to retirement than these 2. A few years ago there was talk always of the 'aging Spurs', with the older Big 3 being given days off on some games. But those new young legs brought in by Buford - Tiago, Kawhi, Joseph blended so well with the veterans. And lately, I see one undrafted New Zealander Aron Baynes. Big banger who is agile. Boy, how did the Spurs find him and the others didn't? Makes me wonder why Ainge is gathering all these future draft picks. :D

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Phil when I was watching the shorthanded Hawks giving the Pacers fits in the first round last year, I remember how I thought they played a lot like the Spurs (Spacing). Turns out their coach was a longtime Pop protege. The Spo (Vid Coordinator) to Pop's Pat. No wonder. Turns out the guys that learn the tricks are the guys who have to watch their bosses' tape 8 hours a day. :D

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Phil when I was watching the shorthanded Hawks giving the Pacers fits in the first round last year, I remember how I thought they played a lot like the Spurs (Spacing). Turns out their coach was a longtime Pop protege. The Spo (Vid Coordinator) to Pop's Pat. No wonder. Turns out the guys that learn the tricks are the guys who have to watch their bosses' tape 8 hours a day. :D

You said it, Jack. Makes my days even more gloomy thinking that my C's have a rookie, um, sophomore college coach booked for the next 5 years.

Um, I also learned our college coach Brad is statistician coach. And our G M Danny is a harvester of picks. Our rebuilding is going to take really long.

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
We are going to the Clippers - Suns game in Phoenix this coming Sunday.

My wife is a Clippers fan, too, and she requested tickets to the game for her birthday gift. Now that's a good wife!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing