New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Josh Smith signs and play immediately for the Rockets, scoring 21 points in an OT win over Memphis. The Texas teams are loaded. The West, it seems, can field in 2 all-star teams. :D

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Visited the local NBA store the other day and tried these on for size:

14614_10202268648477705_2661162385373231357_n.jpg 1013873_10202268648117696_8956653541436679621_n.jpg

My palm is about the size of Kobe's but my feet are way too small from Shaq's. :D If I had Kobe's height I imagine I could dunk like him too. :D And Shaq...nah... :D

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
And rumors of this...Reminds me of the early months of Miami' Big 3 first season. A few wins, that cool, a few losses and the coach's job is on the line. Now, rumors of James bolting a second time, and Love too. Since James had done the 'take your talents to the best team' already, it wouldn't be that surprising for him to do it again. Gone are the days of Magic and Bird, when they WERE the ones who made their team the 'best'. Magic in his first year, and Bird in his second year.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports....nd-in-free-agency/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I believe Blatt was hired before they even thought they could get LBJ back much less add Love.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Interesting to see the Blazers knock off Raptors yesterday for the 2nd best record in the league.

There are a lot of surprise teams from both the east and west conferences this year such as Atlanta and Washington but I don't see any team from the East winning the championship this year as IMO the west is just too strong

rblnr

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ
I never did understand how management could hire a coach from the Israeli National team with no NBA experience

Give him a chance guys! He clearly knows basketball, how it should be played, etc. What he needs to learn is NBA personality/ego management, which may take some time. Remember, this is a team that hasn't played together, with two new major parts. Remember II: they're 18-13; not great, but not bad for a new group. Remember III: half the stuff (or more) about team dissent, yada, yada is either overhyped, made up, or both these days as there has to be news 24/7.

He was hired before Lebron chose btw.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Interesting to see the Blazers knock off Raptors yesterday for the 2nd best record in the league.

There are a lot of surprise teams from both the east and west conferences this year such as Atlanta and Washington but I don't see any team from the East winning the championship this year as IMO the west is just too strong

One thing the Eastern Conference champ might have going for them is that the Western Conference champ might be banged up and burned out by the time they get to the finals.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
It could be his way of shaking up Dan Gilbert to improve things much the same as years ago when Kobe demanded to be traded

True Steve. Though I observed that after getting a win streak going, the Cavs lost Varejao to injury and then lost a few games after that, with James, Love and Irving missing one game or the other due to mild injuries. The pressure is really strong for Cleveland to do nothing else but win. And you see some teams banging on the Cavs like they were the defending champions. Teams now love to beat the Cavs, even for a game. Clearly, the GM of the Cleveland had to map out something before the trading deadline next month.

rblnr

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ
Dwayne Wade, who's obviously been a tremendous player, best 2 guard after MJ perhaps, is about done so this doesn't make a ton of sense. And LBJ, if he's looking to bolt so quick, is even less a competitor than some of his biggest detractors think. The true greats were never looking to bolt at the instance of difficulty. They wanted to lead where they were the at, take that responsibility -- Kobe included. I find this report hard to believe especially given the hometown spiel he made, unless Lebron has regressed (or always was and fooled me) into the same jerk from his 'decision' days.

Happy New Year everyone. Ball just dropped here in NYC.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
don't look now but the Hawks are number one in the East

Who would have thought...

They got rid of Josh Smith, and Detroit got rid of Josh Smith of late, and both are in some winning ways. :D

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Amazingly, with head honcho Phil Jackson and Derek Fisher at the helm, the Knicks have dropped 12 straight games, and are percentage wise worse than the Sixers, with both teams managing only 5 wins. Some news headlines called the Shumpert and JR Smith trade a 'fire sale' by Phil Jackson. And to think that they just signed Melo long term a few months ago. Their dilemma could be worse than the Lakers.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing